Higgins inTune Complete & Balanced Diet Parakeet Bird Food, 2-lb bag
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Parakeet bird food made with natural colors from real fruits and vegetables like beets, turmeric root, annatto seeds and alfalfa.
- Plant-based bird food is crafted with balanced DHA omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids to encourage a healthy immune system.
- Features a tropical aroma derived from real pineapple, citrus and banana.
- Protected probiotics encourage micro-organisms in the stomach to promote healthy immunity and digestion.
- Made with only natural preservatives, to help it stay fresher for longer—this bird food is 100% free of artificial flavors and preservatives.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Kaytee Midwest Regional Wild Bird Food, 7-lb bag$13.59Chewy Price$15.82List Price$12.91Autoship Price
- Kaytee Food from the Wild Conure Bird Food, 2.5-lb bag$18.99Chewy Price$22.99List Price$18.04Autoship Price
- ZuPreem VeggieBlend Flavor Parrot & Conure Food, 17.5-lb bag$73.99Chewy Price$79.99List Price$70.29Autoship Price
- Brown's Song Blend Dark Oil Sunflower Seeds Bird Food, 5-lb bag$11.99Chewy Price$15.99List Price$11.39Autoship Price
- Lafeber Premium Daily Diet Canary Bird Food, 5-lb bucket$28.99Chewy Price
- ZuPreem AvianBreeder FruitBlend with Natural Fruit Flavors Bird Food, 2-lb bag$15.49Chewy Price$14.72Autoship Price
- Kaytee Cardinal Seed Cake Wild Bird Food, 1 count$6.99Chewy Price$9.71List Price$6.64Autoship Price
- Kaytee Fiesta Natural Ingredients Conure Bird Food, 4.5-lb bag$18.99Chewy Price$25.99List Price$18.04Autoship Price
- Lafeber Classic Nutri-Berries Parakeet Food, 4-lb tub$35.99Chewy Price
- Lafeber Sunny Orchard Nutri-Berries Parrot Food, 3-lb bag$35.99Chewy Price
- DealKaytee Super Finch Sock Wild Bird Feeder & Food, 25-oz bag$9.70Chewy Price$12.13List Price$9.21Autoship Price
- Kaytee Food from the Wild Cockatiel Bird Food, 2.5-lb bag$16.99Chewy Price$20.99List Price$16.14Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Ground Corn, Brown Rice, Soybean Meal...||Ground Corn, Brown Rice, Soybean Meal...||Ground Corn, Brown Rice, Soybean Meal...||Ground Corn, Brown Rice, Soybean Meal...||Ground Corn, Brown Rice, Soybean Meal...|
|Bird Type||Pet Bird||Pet Bird||Pet Bird||Pet Bird||Pet Bird|
|Health Feature||Digestive Health, Immune Support, Vitamins & Minerals||—||—||—||—|
Questions & Answers
7 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
20 Customer Reviews
Keeps luv it
InTune parakeet food is so much less messy than seed . My parakeets do NOT throw it on the floor . They actually like it and eat it . They have a very small dish of seed to throw out if they want to .
DOG ADVERTISEMENT WHAT?
Why is there DOG advertisements on this food???? This supposed to be for parrots.
Birds won’t touch it!
I have been offering this to my birds (along with other foods) for several weeks and they have yet to eat any of it. They are used to a wide variety of foods, including pellets, but this apparently doesn’t appeal to them at all.
Not a good fit for my bird
We have a young parakeet who was doing well on another Higgins product that was all seeds. I decided to give this a try, and my bird refuses to eat it. There is nothing wrong with the product, but my bird doesn't eat it.
Intune Complete Balance Diet
I bought your latest Tune natural blend for my parakeets made by Higgins and my bird didn't like it. The only one they like is vita seed natural blend. Since I bought the Intune complete balance diet, I have to mix it with the vita seed natural bend for them to eat it.
Good food, piece size not ideal for species listed
I've used the InTune formulas with several species of birds and the acceptance is good (noting that all my birds are already familiar with pelleted foods). I like that the colors all come from natural sources, which I feel is better than artificial coloring, plus it doesn't seem to stain items that droppings might fall onto. It smells "fruity," but not sickeningly sweet. My only comment when someone is selecting a bag is to note that, as is the case with many pellets, the size of the pieces is really larger than ideal for the species the bag is labeled for. The ingredients are the same with all, so I prefer the Canary size for canaries up to cockatiel, budgie size for conures up to medium parrots, and conure size for med or large parrots. I find acceptance rate is lower if the labeled size is used, plus it's a lot more wasteful as birds bite chunks and then drop the rest, especially with the smaller birds who don't hold food in their feet. If Higgins made a size even smaller than canary, it would be even better for canaries and finches.
really strong smelling
We use to buy Huggins brand pellets from our bird breeder but we thought we’d try to order from chewy for delivery. For whatever reason my birds won’t touch these. When I first opened the bag the fruit smell hit me like a wall. I read the bag and it does say fruit smell but it was so strong. My other pellets don’t smell like this so maybe that’s why they won’t touch it.
Parakeets won't touch it
We have 3 parakeets, and none of them will touch this food. We usually give them seed, but I purchased these pellets by mistake. I figured it was worth a try because the seeds are very messy, and it's always hard to tell if I'm throwing away good seed or not mixed in with the shells and husks. So I feel like there is quite a bit wasted when I change out their food with the seeds. But this was a no go for my birdies. They won't even touch it. I put treats on it to entice them. But they will eat the treats off the top and that's it. I don't know if they could learn to like this, but I don't want to risk them starving while I try to give them every chance to try this. I will have to get something else. I usually like Higgins, but this was a big disappointment.
My picky parakeets would not touch this feed. They thought I was trying to starve them when I tried to get them to eat it.
My keets won't eat it yet
I was impressed at the ingredients and I know Higgins has a great rep, but I can't get my birds to eat it; I've tried straight and mixed with seed, etc. I'd love suggestions as I want them to get the vitamins.