Higgins Sunburst Break-A-Bale Orchard Grass Small Animal Food, 35-oz bag
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Made of low-fat, low-protein, high-fiber 100% orchard grass that’s rich in essential vitamins and minerals.
- Pre-cut and compressed so you can just break and feed with no dust, mess, or hassle.
- Hand-picked so each strand is the perfect length to help support normal digestion for your furbaby.
- Supports digestion and dental health, and promotes natural foraging behaviors to keep your pal fit and happy.
- Great for rabbits, guinea pigs, chinchillas and other small mammals, and contains no fillers, pesticides or preservatives.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Oxbow Garden Select Mouse & Young Rat Food, 20-lb bag$43.46Chewy Price$48.99List Price$41.29Autoship Price
- Oxbow Essentials Hamster Food & Gerbil Food All Natural Hamster & Gerbil Food, 15-lb bag$40.21Chewy Price$46.99List Price$38.20Autoship Price
- Science Selective Chinchilla Food, 4.4-lb bag$16.60Chewy Price$19.99List Price$15.77Autoship Price
- Sunseed Vita Prima Gerbil & Hamster Food, 2-lb bag$5.50Chewy Price$8.99List Price$5.22Autoship Price
- Sunseed Vita Prima Young Rabbit Food, 4-lb bag$11.63Chewy Price$12.99List Price$11.05Autoship Price
- Kaytee Food From the Wild Hamster Food, 2-lb bag$9.99Chewy Price$11.99List Price$9.49Autoship Price
- Brown's Tropical Carnival Natural Behaviors Grain-Free Daily Diet Rabbit Food, 4-lb bag$20.99Chewy Price$27.99List Price$19.94Autoship Price
- Manna Pro Crafted & Complete Rabbit Food, 5-lb bag$12.49Chewy Price$13.49List Price$11.87Autoship Price
- Kaytee Fiesta Natural Mouse & Rat Food, 4.5-lb bag$18.99Chewy Price$18.04Autoship Price
- Show String Show Feed Rabbit Food, 50-lb bag$30.99Chewy Price$29.44Autoship Price
- Science Selective Balanced Guinea Pig Food, 8.8-lb bag$25.49Chewy Price$27.49List Price$24.22Autoship Price
- Tiny Friends Farm Charlie Chinchilla Food 2-lb bag$8.84Chewy Price$13.99List Price$8.40Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Sun-Dried Orchard Grass||Sun-Dried Timothy Hay||100% Orchard Grass Preservative and Additive Free. Loose Hay Contains Stems, Leaves, and Limited Seed Heads....||Sun-Cured Orchardgrass Hay.||Sun Cured Orchard Grass Hay.|
|Small Pet Type||Rabbit, Guinea Pig, Chinchilla, Degu||Guinea Pig, Chinchilla, Rabbit, Degu||Rabbit, Guinea Pig, Chinchilla, Degu||Rabbit, Guinea Pig, Chinchilla, Degu||Rabbit, Guinea Pig, Chinchilla, Degu|
|Health Feature||Dental & Breath Care, Digestive Health||Dental & Breath Care, Digestive Health||Dental & Breath Care, Digestive Health||Dental & Breath Care, Digestive Health||—|
|Special Diet||High Fiber||High Fiber||Low-Protein, High Fiber||High Fiber||High Fiber|
|Hay Type||Orchard Grass||Timothy||Orchard Grass||Orchard Grass||Orchard Grass|
Questions & Answers
2 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
18 Customer Reviews
Not worth it
Not impressed with this product. Bought several packages of this while it was on sale and it’s the worst orchard grass I have ever seen. All 3 of my guinea pigs refuse to touch it.
I have a picky bunny
My rabbit hates this product. She likes the Timothy version of this product but not the orchard. She loves orchard hay from various places. I don't know why this isn't something she likes.
Nice hay, very messy
I bought this orchard grass for my rabbit to see if he might want some variety from his beloved timothy hay. I broke off a block, placed it on the floor, and and waited for him to come and neatly pull out strands of hay and eat them. Instead, he clawed at it and threw the hay in every direction until the bale was completely dismantled. I think he also ate a few strands. I scooped the hay into a box so he could eat it in a contained way at his leisure. He would occasionally go in the box and dig around and eat a few strands, but after a while, he pooped and peed in the box so we threw it in the compost. Overall, this hay seems like a nice product that my rabbit thinks is a toy rather than food. It is definitely messier than giving him loose hay in a dispenser. Not sure what to do with the three remaining blocks of grass lol.
I bought this from a pet store in hoped of compressed hay to limit the dust. NOPE. There was SO much dust. At least in a bag, the dust is at the bottom.
These are great no pieces of hay falling all over the floor when adding to my guineas pen. And they love them will be ordering these alot more
Our new favorite!
My two rabbits love this orchard grass! They have so much fun foraging through each "brick" I break off, and it keeps them happy and satisfied for hours. They even come running every time they hear the packaging-- it's safe to say this is their new favorite snack! I like that this product is not only engaging and fun for my rabbits, but it's also very nutritious and healthy for them as well. Overall it's a 10 from us!
not like picture
Picture shows 4 blocks of grass but package is not that easy to break apart. I would not buy again.
I love this pre blocked hay so easy to cut a chunk off..my rabbits love the hay it comes in different types of hay also that I like..a must by for your bunnies..or hay lovers of any kind..
Smelled nice, but a little dusty
I bought this to try for our guinea pigs as a treat. I don't know if its because of being cut into such small bales, but there is a lot of dust that goes along with this grass hay. I would open over a large container and loosen up the bale, so the dust and tiny pieces would fall off. It smelled nice, , the price was good, and the piggies seemed to like it okay. I'm not a fan of the dust, though. Still on a quest to find a good orchard grass without having to pay an arm and a leg.
Break-a-bale Orchard Grass
Our bunnies, guinea pigs, and chinchilla LOVE orchard grass as a change from their normal Timothy hay. These small break a part bales are wonderful for not getting too much and much less messy taking it out of the packaging. Highly recommend this as a treat for your pets.