Higgins Sunburst Gourmet Blend Gerbil & Hamster Food
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- A healthy, all-natural blend of species-appropriate dried mixed fruits, seeds, grains, nuts and pre-cooked legumes.
- Enhanced with vitamins, minerals and amino acids.
- Added DHA omega-3 and -6 fatty acids contribute valuable antioxidants.
- Protected probiotics deliver beneficial gut bacteria.
- Includes no artificial colors, flavors or preservatives.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Higgins Sunburst Gourmet Blend Guinea Pig Food, 6-lb bag$14.99Chewy Price$19.49List Price$14.24Autoship Price
- Hall's Hay Timothy Hay 1st Cut Mini-Bale Small Pet Food, 5-lb box$16.39Chewy Price$15.57Autoship Price
- Oxbow Essentials Adult Rat Food All Natural Adult Rat Food 3-lb bag$11.03Chewy Price$12.99List Price$10.48Autoship Price
- Kaytee Natural Timothy Hay Small Animal Food, 24-oz bag$4.62Chewy Price$7.49List Price$4.39Autoship Price
- Oxbow Essentials Adult Guinea Pig Food All Natural Adult Guinea Pig Pellets, 10-lb bag$15.94Chewy Price$23.49List Price$15.14Autoship Price
- Oxbow Animal Health Western Timothy Hay All Natural Hay for Rabbits, Guinea Pigs, Chinchillas, Hamsters & Gerbils, 9-lb bag$26.69Chewy Price$27.99List Price$25.36Autoship Price
- Oxbow Animal Health Oxbow Hay Blends Western Timothy & Orchard, 90-oz.$19.97Chewy Price$23.49List Price$18.97Autoship Price
- Oxbow Essentials Young Rabbit Food All Natural Rabbit Pellets, 25-lb bag$29.74Chewy Price$34.99List Price$28.25Autoship Price
- Science Selective Adult Rabbit Food, 8.8-lb bag$10.99Chewy Price$26.99List Price$10.44Autoship Price
- Oxbow Essentials Adult Rabbit Food All Natural Adult Rabbit Pellets, 25-lb bag$32.29Chewy Price$37.99List Price$30.68Autoship Price
- Tiny Friends Farm Hazel Hamster Food, 2-lb bag$6.92Chewy Price$8.99List Price$6.57Autoship Price
- Mazuri Mouse & Rat Food, 25-lb bag$24.99Chewy Price$26.99List Price$23.74Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||White Millet, Oats, Wheat...||Timothy Meal, Pearled Barley (Rolled), Oat Groats...||Soybean Meal, Oat Groats, Soybean Hulls...||Dehydrated Alfalfa Meal, Oats, Wheat...||Milo, Dehydrated Alfalfa Meal, Wheat...|
|Food Form||Dried Fruits, Dried Veggies, Mix||Pellets||Grains, Dried Veggies, Dried Fruits, Seeds, Mix||Dry Food||Seeds, Dried Fruits, Dried Veggies|
|Health Feature||Vitamins & Minerals, Digestive Health||Vitamins & Minerals, Digestive Health||N/A||N/A||Vitamins & Minerals, High-Energy|
|Small Pet Type||Hamster, Gerbil||Gerbil, Hamster||Hamster, Gerbil||Hamster||Gerbil|
|Special Diet||N/A||High Fiber||High-Protein||N/A||N/A|
Questions & Answers
11 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
150 Customer Reviews
Bird Seed with some dried veggies and seeds tossed in
Maybe hamsters enjoy millet, but my gerbils do NOT. At least 2/3 of the bag is millet. I usually end up using the millet to put in my bird feeders and even the birds aren't crazy about it.
Higgins Sunburst Gourmet blend is the best food on the market for hamsters! My hamsters eat it all and they are healthy and happy!
Best store-bought hamster food you can find
I highly recommend this mix over basically any other store bought hamster food. High variety, and has the most protein out of just about any other commercially available hamster seed mixes. That being said, this seed mix will not provide enough protein on it's own (same with just about every other commercial hamster food) so supplement it with a lab block as well. My hamster absolutely loves this mix, he will eat everything except for the brown pellets (i believe they're timothy hay pellets? I'm talking about the pieces that look sort of like guinea pig pellets). I also noticed this mix contains a particularly high amount of millet seeds compared to the rest of the other types of seeds in this mix. my hamster likes the millet seed so that isnt a problem for me, however it's something to take note of if you know that your hamster doesnt like millet
Love this food just watch out for bugs I have got some bags that’s has had bugs in it but I just freeze for 72 hours and it kills them and it’s good to use
if you know, you know
THIS is the food we recommend in the hamster keeping hobbyist community, this should not be fed on its own. You should also have a lab block or pellet to go with it, hamsters need 24% protein to live the healthiest life. Good lab blocks to go with Sunburst is Mazuri rat & mouse or Science selective pellets. If your hamster is 1.5 years old or older they should have 20% protein so cut back on lab blocks once a Senior. Hope this helps someone
Hamster absolutely loves it
My hamster absolutely loves this mix, switched him from All Living Things mix and Oxbow pellets to this and he refuses to eat oxbow pellets ever since this was his diet. I would recommend this but there is a tad bit too much millet but he doesn't mind it.
This food is one of the best you can be feeding your hamsters and gerbils! All of the other brands out there either have too many pellets, too much junk, or not enough protein. This brand has a good amount of protein, no junk, and not very many pellets. You also need to pair your seed mix with a lab block, I use Mazuri blocks and its a great and healthy diet!
She loves it!
Arrived fast, and my hamster loves it. I was concerned that it had some sunflower seeds in it since my hamster is supposed to lose some weight and sunflower seeds are fattening, but I give it to her sparingly (relying mostly on the rat blocks).
gerbil loves it!!
My gerbil loves this stuff, especially the sunflower seeds and nuts.
Great Gerbil Food!!
This is a great option for gerbils! No artificial color and minimal fillers!!