Hill's Prescription Diet i/d Digestive Care Low Fat Chicken Flavor Dry Dog Food
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Formulated to support your pup’s overall digestive wellness.
- This low fat food is created with highly digestible protein.
- Actively promotes healthy digestion while ensuring proper nutrient absorption.
- ActivBiome+ technology activates beneficial gut bacteria and a healthy microbiome balance.
- Prebiotic blend aids in regular bowel movements and gastrointestinal health.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Hill's Prescription Diet i/d Digestive Care with Turkey Wet Dog Food, 13-oz, case of 12$46.99Chewy Price$44.64Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet i/d Digestive Care Chicken Flavor Dry Dog Food, 17.6-lb bag$81.99Chewy Price$77.89Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet i/d Digestive Care Chicken & Vegetable Stew Wet Dog Food, 12.5-oz, case of 24$101.98Chewy Price$96.88Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet i/d Digestive Care Small Bites Chicken Flavor Dry Dog Food, 7-lb bag$46.99Chewy Price$44.64Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet i/d Digestive Care Low Fat Original Flavor Pate Canned Dog Food, 13-oz, case of 12, bundle of 2$93.98Chewy Price$89.28Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet w/d Multi-Benefit with Chicken Wet Dog Food, 13-oz, case of 12, bundle of 2$95.98Chewy Price$91.18Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet i/d Digestive Care Low Fat Rice, Vegetable & Chicken Stew Wet Dog Food, 12.5-oz, case of 12, bundle of 2$101.98Chewy Price$96.88Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet w/d Multi-Benefit Vegetable & Chicken Stew Wet Dog Food, 12.5-oz, case of 12, bundle of 2$103.98Chewy Price$98.78Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet Gastrointestinal Biome Chicken Flavor Dry Dog Food, 8-lb bag$48.99Chewy Price$46.54Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet Gastrointestinal Biome Chicken & Vegetable Stew Wet Dog Food, 12.5-oz, case of 12$54.99Chewy Price$52.24Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet z/d Skin/Food Sensitivities Original Flavor Wet Dog Food, 13-oz, case of 12$55.99Chewy Price$53.19Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Gastrointestinal Low Fat Loaf Canned Dog Food, 13.5-oz, case of 24$100.56Chewy Price$95.53Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Brewers Rice, Corn Gluten Meal, Chicken Meal...||Chicken, Cracked Pearled Barley, Brewers Rice...||Brown Rice, Brewers Rice, Pork Fat...||New: Brewers Rice, Whole Grain Corn, Chicken Meal...||Brown Rice, Brewers Rice, Pork Fat...|
|Breed Size||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds...||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds...||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds...||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds...||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds...|
|Special Diet||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, Sensitive Digestion, Low Fat, With Grain||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, Sensitive Digestion, With Grain||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, With Grain||Veterinary Diet, Sensitive Digestion, With Grain||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, With Grain|
|Food Flavor||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Lamb, Meat|
|Health Feature||Digestive Health, Weight Management||Digestive Health||Kidney Care||Digestive Health||Kidney Care|
Questions & Answers
17 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
943 Customer Reviews
Changed my dog's life!
When my Bear was diagnosed with pancreatitis, he was one sick sweet dog! Before that, he'd had issues but I never could figure out what was wrong and neither did Vet I went to before I switched. My new vet prescribed Hills low fat and everything changed for Bear! I'm strict about his diet now, too. No people food other than maybe some apple slices on occasion. He eats this and the Hills low fat in the can. I also give him Hills low fat treats. He also has another brand of treats that are low fat that I buy from Chewy. But the Hills digestive care has turned everything around. Bear's coat is shinier. His stools look normal for the first time in years. He has more energy. He lost a little weight. He's one happy dog! And, he eats it up so I guess it tastes great to him too. He prefers the canned version but I don't feed him that as often as the dry. Love this food and love Chewy for delivering it so quickly to me. They're super friendly and helpful too. Recommend!
Hills Prescription I/D Dog Food
Chewy - The I/D Hills Prescription Dog food has a different size and shape kibble than the sample bag I purchased from the veterinarian. It was a large bag than the sample. Vet bag kibble was round and larger than the chewy bag; the Chewy bag kibble was a triangular shape. Overall it appears to be working OK. Why would the kibbles be different if it is the same dog food? Also, the Chewy bag has "low fat" on it. Do not remember if the sample bag had it, too. Thanks, Don
Sophie has been on Hills Low ID canned for about a year and I thought she needed some crunch to her lunch. I mix the “kibble” with her canned Low ID stew and she really seems to enjoy! During the day I give her some of the “kibble” as a treat from my hand and that little tail wags. Of course I checked with her Vet first.
Didn't do magic for tummy.
Hi hoomans, I'm 7yo Frenchie. I have a sensitive tummy :(. My mom and my vet are trying their best to make me happy and give me the best food and tasty treats. Unfortunately this was a miss. It has been three weeks since I started this diet, and I am still experiencing very loose poop. Now, I am not even interested in eating it. Mom tried soaking kibble with warm water to bring out the smell by warming the meaty fats within the food, but I still don't want it. She said we will keep trying to find the right food for my capricious tummy. Wish us luck.
Why change a good thing!
This is my 2nd 27.5# bag. The 1st bag had a black and white Border Collie, I believe, and the kibble was smaller. The new bags have a Schnauzer on and the kibble is bigger. It must taste different because my dog immediately noticed a difference just smelling it too. She has a swallowing and digestive disorder, along with high triglycerides. After day 2 on a new bag, she started having issues. Why would you change a good thing! Leaving current customers, who obviously need a special food, looking for a new food and dealing with a distressed dog! We cannot just keep getting prescriptions and trying a bunch of different foods to resolve a health issue that was under control. Really disappointed in this company!!!
New formula doesn't sit well
My dog had been With I/D care small bites for a year, and we can’t get that anywhere anymore, so I decided to try this very similar kibble instead. I first mixed it with her old food; she had a bit of trouble, as expected, but nothing significant. After one month and with no small bites left, I started feeding her this new formula only, and Oh Boy! Colitis is back. There is probably some new ingredient that my poor dog is intolerant to. I wish we could get her old ID small bites again.
Could be improved
My dog does not like this food at all; however, she’s a very picky eater in general so I don’t entirely blame the food itself. My main problems are that they don’t offer smaller bag sizes, and that they don’t offer this food in smaller pieces for smaller dogs (as they do with the regular, non-low-fat i/d gastrointestinal dry food). I suspect that my dog might still have some tooth pain (she’s already had 6 teeth removed), and she doesn’t like crunchy, hard foods. This food is just too hard for her to chew on, especially since the pieces are larger and she can’t really swallow it whole like she would with smaller pieces (given that she’s a small dog). She has pancreatitis so we have no choice but to feed her low-fat prescription food, and this brand/type is what my vet recommended, and it’s also one of the cheaper-ish low-fat options. But unfortunately she won’t eat it, so I have to spend more money and only feed her the canned wet food version of this food. Also, when I was feeding her the original non-low-fat i/d gastrointestinal dry food (in the Small Bites form), she absolutely loved the flavor, and my whole family agreed that it even smelled like a familiar type of human food that we couldn’t put our finger on (it smelled pretty good, as far as dog food goes). But this low-fat version just smells like bland, typical dog food. I wish that the flavor of this low-fat dry food would be enhanced.
Hills I/D Low Fat
My dog is on I/D for pancreatitis/ gastritis. She loves the canned ( low fat) and enjoys the dry as a treat once in a while. She is a very picky eater, so that says a lot! Chewy is the best as always! Amazing customer service and speedy delivery!
I ordered this bag because of matching it to what my vet had gotten for my dog. The bag I had has a border collie, the same as the image on this page. However the product that gets sent is one with a schnauzer. The food is shaped and colored differently. Please be watchful for this if ordering - make sure to look at the description rather than comparing to the picture.
Convenient and healthy
My dogs love it! They sometimes get really playful and toss a kibble in the air and jump up and then quickly go to the kibble and eat it. I also sometimes mix it with the can ID low fat for variety