Hill's Prescription Diet Metabolic Chicken Flavor Dry Dog Food
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Developed and specially formulated to support your dog's weight management with a synergistic blend of ingredients.
- Naturally works with your pet's individual metabolism with a unique fiber blend from fruits and vegetables.
- Helps avoid weight regain after weight loss and keeps your pet feeling full and satisfied between meals.
- 88% of pets lost weight at home in 2 months, plus it supports your pal’s vitality and holistic health with powerful antioxidants.
- Metabolic recipe has not changed—it offers the same great taste and benefits as it did prior to the introduction of the S+OXSHIELD seal of confidence.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- DealHill's Prescription Diet Metabolic Lamb Meal & Rice Dry Dog Food, 6-lb bag$38.99Chewy Price$37.04Autoship Price
- DealHill's Prescription Diet Metabolic + Mobility j/d Chicken Flavor Dry Dog Food, 15-lb bag$82.99Chewy Price$78.84Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet Metabolic Weight Management Chicken Flavor Canned Dog Food, 13-oz, case of 12, bundle of 2$105.98Chewy Price$100.68Autoship Price
- DealHill's Prescription Diet w/d Multi-Benefit Chicken Flavor Dry Dog Food, 27.5-lb bag$108.99Chewy Price$103.54Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet w/d Multi-Benefit with Chicken Wet Dog Food, 13-oz, case of 12, bundle of 2$99.98Chewy Price$94.98Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Satiety Support Weight Management Dry Dog Food, 26.4-lb bag$104.99Chewy Price$99.74Autoship Price
- DealHill's Prescription Diet i/d Digestive Care Chicken Flavor Dry Dog Food, 8.5-lb bag$50.99Chewy Price$48.44Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet i/d Digestive Care with Turkey Wet Dog Food, 13-oz, case of 12, bundle of 4$195.96Chewy Price$186.16Autoship Price
- DealHill's Prescription Diet k/d Kidney Care with Lamb Dry Dog Food, 8.5-lb bag$50.99Chewy Price$48.44Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet w/d Multi-Benefit Vegetable & Chicken Stew Wet Dog Food, 12.5-oz, case of 12, bundle of 2$107.98Chewy Price$102.58Autoship Price
- DealPurina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets NF Kidney Function Dry Dog Food, 6-lb bag$34.99Chewy Price$33.24Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet i/d Digestive Care Low Fat Original Flavor Pate Wet Dog Food, 13-oz, case of 12, bundle of 4$195.96Chewy Price$186.16Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Price Per Unit|
|Top Ingredients||Whole Grain Wheat, Whole Grain Corn, Chicken Meal...||Brewers Rice, Flaxseed, Pork Fat...||Potatoes, Potato Starch, Venison...||Corn Starch, Hydrolyzed Chicken Liver, Hydrolyzed Chicken...||Brewers Rice, Whole Grain Corn, Chicken By-Product Meal...|
|Breed Size||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds...||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds...||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds...||Small Breeds, Extra Small Breeds, Medium Breeds...||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds...|
|Special Diet||Veterinary Diet, Weight Control, With Grain||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, With Grain||Gluten Free, Grain-Free, Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, Chicken-Free||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, Hydrolyzed Protein||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, With Grain|
|Food Flavor||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Venison, Meat||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry|
|Health Feature||Weight Management||Kidney Care, Hip & Joint Support||Skin & Coat Health||Skin & Coat Health||Dental & Breath Care|
Questions & Answers
17 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
614 Customer Reviews
After having my dog on this food for two months with a specific body weight measurement done at the vet to determine the amount of food she needed in order to loose weight, she instead gained 4 lbs. This is a dog who is exercised regularly, eats a strict diet, and who wasn’t gaining any weight (just staying stagnant at the same weight) prior to putting her on this food. The amount of dog excrement that she produced on this diet was hard to comprehend; it was like the food was going straight through her. I decided to go with the Fromm Family Gold Weight Management food instead and am extremely pleased with the results. Fromm uses real ingredients and not fillers and I am actually seeing results after only a few weeks. I would not recommend feeding your dog this diet.
Glad to have this product back in stock
After multiple attempts to get my dogs weight down (they really are not fans of green beans) my vet suggested this product. FINALLY something that worked. They love the taste and are now a healthy weight.
A dietary food!
I was concerned that my puggle might have issues with this diet food. Fortunately she has not. She can be picky but seemed to like this food. She has lost a minimal amount of weight after a couple weeks of eating it. I expected a more rapid weight loss due to the 4-5 bowel movements she has throughout each day. Dogs need to be let out earlier and later in the day and more often.
why doesn’t it work???
My dogs love this food, but it’s just not working for them. My 96 pound dog ate 1 1/2 cups for 10 months and my 30 lb dog ate 1/2 (just half) a cup for 10 months. My pug lost 3 pounds and my big dog has not lost a pound of weight. They get 3 walks a day, play fetch, etc, so I finally said okay I have to change their food, this just isn’t working. It seems like it works well for most other dogs, worked okay for my pug, but not for my cane corso. My pug lost half a pound every few months. I followed the feeding directions and my vets directions perfectly every single day. No additional treats either. Different strokes for different dogs I suppose. For those wondering about the smell and taste, my dogs are picky and they loved it. The kibble is very large though. Way too large for a small or toy sized breed. It was too large for my pug, but he managed.
Chewy is great
We are satisfied customers. When we call, everyone is pleasant and helpful. Dogs love their food. Wish we would have known about them sooner.
Great product for weight loss and canine nutrition
Teague started this Science Diet Metabolic formula two months ago and looks and acts like he is a different younger dog.
Not a Favorite
My dog did not like this food at all, and she is not the picky one in the pack. My little beagle mix eats everything. She had been on the Royal Canin Prescription diet for a while and did well with that, and then a few months back, it was impossible to get any Royal canin products anywhere, so the vet recommended we switch to this, and she does not like it. I have tried numerous times, for the last 3 months and she won't eat it, I have had to either make her a chicken, or feed her a little of my other dogs food. She has been on prescription food for about 4 years now which I feel is a long time, and she is no longer as big as she was she went from 27lb-19lb on the Royal Canin and has so much energy now! so I decided to take her off it and look for a regular weight management food and not prescription seeing as Royal Canin is still tricky to get. My feeling is that this Hills Metabolic food, probably lacks flavor, even the kibble looks extremely dry and lack luster. I literally have 2 full bags of this at home and money down the drain. I recently started a transition into the Orijen Fit and Trim for both dogs, and they seem to be enjoying the change. We are on day 6 of the transition from the old food that belongs to my littlest dog, and so far both girls seem to like the switch. Fingers crossed. As far as this Hills food goes, I would not recommend, based on the way my dog reacts to it, walks way from the bowl and looks at me like I have betrayed her...the fact she doest eat it at all, its a no for me on this food.
FAT HUSKY ON VET PRESCRIBED FOOD
I gave this a middle of the road rating as we just started this food this past month. My 3 year old husky rescue was very skinny when we adopted her last year but after spaying she gained a LOT of weight and is fat and happy but on the verge of bad health. So our vet prescribed her this food and she hates it. We have to put a spoonful of wet food mixed in to get her to eat some of it. Most days she is protesting this new food. Consequently my other husky who is in great shape likes this food and tries to get it from my fat husky, go figure. So that is why I gave 3 stars. I am hoping she starts eating it better and loses some weight. Time will tell. At that point I will revise my review.
Wonderful dog food
This food has really helped my baby lose some much needed weight without leaving her hungry all the time.
Metabolic chicken flavor.
My dog was overweight and was put on this food to help him lose weight. My dog really liked it.