Hill's Prescription Diet Metabolic Chicken Flavor Dry Dog Food
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Developed and specially formulated to support your dog's weight management with a synergistic blend of ingredients.
- Naturally works with your pet's individual metabolism with a unique fiber blend from fruits and vegetables.
- Helps avoid weight regain after weight loss and keeps your pet feeling full and satisfied between meals.
- 88% of pets lost weight at home in 2 months, plus it supports your pal’s vitality and holistic health with powerful antioxidants.
- Metabolic recipe has not changed—it offers the same great taste and benefits as it did prior to the introduction of the S+OXSHIELD seal of confidence.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Hill's Prescription Diet i/d Digestive Care Chicken Flavor Dry Dog Food, 8.5-lb bag$49.99Chewy Price$47.49Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet Metabolic Chicken Flavor Wet Dog Food, 13-oz, case of 12$50.99Chewy Price$48.44Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet Metabolic + Mobility Chicken Flavor Dry Dog Food, 8.5 lb bag$48.99Chewy Price$46.54Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet u/d Urinary Care Original Flavor Dry Dog Food, 27.5-lb bag$109.99Chewy Price$104.49Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet c/d Multicare Urinary Care Chicken Flavor Dry Dog Food, 8.5-lb bag$43.99Chewy Price$41.79Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Satiety Support Weight Management Dry Dog Food, 26.4-lb bag$97.99Chewy Price$93.09Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet c/d Multicare Urinary Care Chicken Flavor Canned Dog Food, 13-oz, case of 12, bundle of 2$97.98Chewy Price$93.08Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet c/d Multicare Urinary Care Chicken & Vegetable Stew Flavor Wet Dog Food, 12.5-oz, case of 12, bundle of 2$105.98Chewy Price$100.68Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet Gastrointestinal Biome Chicken Flavor Dry Dog Food, 8-lb bag$48.99Chewy Price$46.54Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet Derm Complete Dry Dog Food, 14.3-lb bag$81.99Chewy Price$77.89Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet i/d Digestive Care with Turkey Wet Dog Food, 13-oz, case of 12, bundle of 4$187.96Chewy Price$178.56Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets UR Urinary Ox/St Dry Dog Food, 16.5-lb bag$71.99Chewy Price$68.39Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Whole Grain Wheat, Whole Grain Corn, Chicken Meal...||Corn Starch, Hydrolyzed Chicken Liver, Powdered Cellulose...||New: Brewers Rice, Whole Grain Corn, Chicken Meal...||Chicken, Cracked Pearled Barley, Brewers Rice...||Brewers Rice, Corn Gluten Meal, Chicken Meal...|
|Breed Size||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds...||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds...||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds...||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds...||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds...|
|Special Diet||Veterinary Diet, Weight Control, With Grain||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, Hydrolyzed Protein||Veterinary Diet, Sensitive Digestion, With Grain||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, Sensitive Digestion, With Grain||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, Sensitive Digestion, Low Fat, With Grain|
|Food Flavor||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry|
|Health Feature||Weight Management||Skin & Coat Health||Digestive Health||Digestive Health||Digestive Health, Weight Management|
Questions & Answers
16 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
584 Customer Reviews
Save Your Money
If you have 5 extra minutes to prepare a bit of rice and chicken plus dog supplement mix, this is basically just a bland diet with a focus on the "bland" part. It wasn't particularly appealing to my dog who was prescribed this, and it seemed like mostly filler to her. Portion control and simplicity worked better and were more satisfying than bad-value food like this.
My dog loved the previous Metabolic formula and never had any issue. I bought 2 bags on my last order and they are both the new formula and she hates it. She looks at me like she’s being punished when I put her bowl in front of her. Even with chicken broth and meat stirred in, she doesn’t like it. I don’t know what they changed, but they ruined it.
Best diet dog food
My Bear is a 10 year old overweight Labrador that needs to loose a few pounds. He absolutely loves the Metabolic dog food. I also use this dog food for treats for my 8 month old because he loves it too but does not need it. It was very easy to switch my senior over with no issues. I will most definitely continue even after he has lost all the weight.
Our dog liked the food right away and didn’t have any gastro problems except she seemed to have to go “out” sooner than when she feed her the Canidae . We feed her the same amount but this one is about half the calories, that’s it, and we’re paying almost twice the price. This food is very expensive and we will certainly not continue it for long.
She eats the food
I had an easy time with the order, they took care of contacting my vet and verifying the prescription. My dog eats this food with no issues. My other dog who is a finicky eater also wants this food. We don't give it to him, but he still tries to steal it.
My dogs have been eating this dog food for years and then we received a bag with the new formula. My dogs absolutely refuse to eat the new version. I have tried food toppers and fresh chicken broth. All they do is lick up the broth and leave the food. Very disappointed in losing a dog food I always relied on.
Formula changed !
This food was great, but they just changed formula I am pretty sure , and unfortunately my dog won’t touch it . What is worst when I called manufacturer they could not explain since I was on auto shipment why I have received this new one instead one I had before. I figure they had old picture on website but already mailing out one with new formula .Anyway , I am going to contact Chewy to make sure they have one they show on picture instead one that say coming soon.
Hill's Metabolic Diet dry dog food
I started our dog on this food upon the advice of our vet as our dog was having some joint issues and needed to lose weight. It worked! He lost about 8 lbs. in 6-8 months and doesn't show any more limping.
Formula Change for the worse
My dog loved the previous metabolic dog food, always gives me a look as if to say, “You want me to eat this?” She eventually does, but I think only because she knows that’s what we have to give her.
Dogs won’t eat it so far
I just got this. My giant breed dog will eat anything, but so far not this food. My other dog who is also fat won’t eat it either. I got a smaller bag to try it out so we’ll see. I guess if they don’t eat it they lose weight. They won’t eat the treats either.