Hill's Prescription Diet z/d Skin/Food Sensitivities Original Flavor Wet Cat Food, 5.5-oz, case of 24
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Clinical nutrition especially formulated to help manage your cat's dietary sensitivity and help reduce the possibility of adverse reactions to food
- Formulated with highly digestible carbohydrates and fats to help reduce gastrointestinal workload
- Developed with increased omega 3 and 6 fatty acids to help nourish the skin and coat
- No intact animal protein is included which helps avoid adverse reactions your cat might otherwise have
- Added antioxidants to support a healthy immune system and skin barrier function
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Hill's Prescription Diet d/d Skin/Food Sensitivities Duck & Green Pea Dry Cat Food, 8.5-lb bag$77.99Chewy Price$74.09Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets HA Hydrolyzed Dry Cat Food, 8-lb bag$61.99Chewy Price$58.89Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet z/d Skin/Food Sensitivities Original Flavor Dry Cat Food, 4-lb bag$38.99Chewy Price$37.04Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet i/d Digestive Care with Chicken Wet Cat Food, 5.5-oz, case of 24$66.99Chewy Price$63.64Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet i/d Digestive Care Chicken & Vegetable Stew Wet Cat Food, 2.9-oz, case of 24$49.99Chewy Price$47.49Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet i/d Digestive Care with Chicken Dry Cat Food, 8.5-lb bag$57.99Chewy Price$55.09Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet k/d Kidney Care with Chicken Dry Cat Food, 8.5-lb bag$63.99Chewy Price$60.79Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet y/d Thyroid Care with Chicken Wet Cat Food, 5.5-oz, case of 24$76.99Chewy Price$73.14Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Selected Protein PD Loaf Canned Cat Food, 5.1-oz, case of 24$95.76Chewy Price$90.97Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet Gastrointestinal Biome with Chicken Dry Cat Food, 8.5-lb bag$60.99Chewy Price$57.94Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet d/d Skin/Food Sensitivities Venison & Green Pea Dry Cat Food, 3.5-lb bag$38.99Chewy Price$37.04Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet Gastrointestinal Biome Chicken & Vegetable Stew Wet Cat Food, 2.9-oz, case of 24$52.99Chewy Price$50.34Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Hydrolyzed Chicken Liver, Water, Corn Starch...||Water, Pork Liver, Pork By-Products...||Water, Pork Liver, Chicken...||Water, Chicken, Pork Liver...||Water, Pork Liver, Chicken...|
|Special Diet||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, Hydrolyzed Protein||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, With Grain||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, With Grain||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, With Grain||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, Sensitive Digestion, With Grain|
|Food Flavor||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Tuna, Seafood & Fish||Chicken, Poultry|
|Health Feature||Skin & Coat Health, Digestive Health||Hormone Support||Kidney Care||Kidney Care||Digestive Health|
Questions & Answers
15 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
560 Customer Reviews
Not Particularly Palatable
They claim it has a "pate" consistency, but it's more like a bizarre opaque, rubbery jello. I personally think it smells like Vienna sausages. There really aren't a lot of hypoallergenic wet food options on the market right now, so if you're considering buying this because there aren't many other choices, I'd recommend reading the reviews carefully. I was really hoping my cat would like this, because he loves wet food and he's not a particularly picky eater, but he was not a fan of this. I tried some of the methods that other people recommended, like heating it up and adding water, but it is difficult to turn it into a more gravy-like consistency and my cat still didn't find it very appetizing. My other complaint is the lack of options for the size/quantity. The cans are large and the only quantity I could get was a 24-pack. It would have been nice to have smaller, single-serving size cans and not have to buy so many at once without knowing whether my cat would even eat it or not.
she doesn’t love it. she doesn’t hate it.
My cat has as-of-yet-undetermined skin issues. Likely an allergy of some sort. She’s been on this food, along with the dry kibble version of this for about 6 weeks. So far, my cat can take it or leave it. The consistency is like meat jello. My cat didn’t care for it that way. I now add a few tablespoons of warm water to each serving (she’s tiny and only eats about 20% of the can per feeding) and mash it up well to warm it up and improve the consistency. The remainder of the can is put in a good storage container in the fridge. Most days she eventually eats it. She’s just not that eager about it. I’m not overly concerned about her not eating every portion since she really likes the kibble. Pic of my Minion and her hoodie (keeps her from scratching!)
It may be good for me, but I do not like it!
Our cat has been diagnosed with renal failure, and because he has allergies to both chicken & beef, the vet suggested we try this food to help manage his renal failure. Unfortunately, our cat does not like this food. We introduced a very small amount with his regular canned food which he did initially eat, but as the week went on, he stopped eating at his feedings. Alas! It may be a good product, but our boy is not going to change his tastes in his senior years.
He likes it!
The reviews are right-this food has a strange texture. Didn't notice that it smelled worse than any other wet food. The boy cat (Gus) likes it, which is good because he's the one that needs it. His sister Izzy has a love/hate relationship with it-sometimes she'll eat it, but usually won't (she's kind of picky anyway). Hopefully, with al hydrolized food, it will cure Gus' itchy-owies.
So far so good
After going through MANY brands of canned food, my vet suggested this. My cat has had 18 months of scratching and open sores and with a med change and new Canned food, he is beginning to heal and has had no stomach issues. It is a strange consistency.. but he likes it !
Sunday doesn’t like pate
Z/d my kitty Sunday doesn’t like pate he does like the treats also he likes the hard food a little. Could you please make can food in a shredded chicken . He is getting skinny and I worry about him.
A NO GO for my picky cats
Unfortunately, I tried this food blended it, added chicken broth to it, mixed with their food and they would not even take a single bite of the food. They are very picky eaters and prefer gravy than the pate.
Just dense can of no flavor
Who ever created this must not have any taste buds. This food just just unflavored paste. Supposed to help with digestive, instead it made Leo puked more. No matter how much water you add to make it look appetizing. My cat took one look and turned away. They rather starved than eat this melted foam with no flavor what so ever. Expansive too, need to return the rest of the cans in this pack.
Not for me kitty
The first time she tried it, she licked the bowl clean. After that, she walked away. It has a weird consistency like rubber. I tried adding a little water to make it look like her former cat food which she can no longer have, but she just sniffed and walked away.
Z/D Skin/food sensitivities
Thankfully my cats are eating this prescription diet without any problem. I just wish that the consistency wasn't so gelatinous, as it makes it a bit difficult to mash it up in their dishes