Hill's Prescription Diet z/d Skin/Food Sensitivities Original Flavor Dry Dog Food
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Helps improve your dog’s digestion and stool quality with highly hydrolyzed protein.
- Helps eliminate food-related causes of skin irritation and results in a visible improvement of the skin and coat.
- Helps maintain a healthy skin barrier and enriched with essential fatty acid.
- Clinically proven antioxidants are added for optimal health benefits, plus it’s developed with a single carbohydrate source—cornstarch.
- Skin/Food Sensitivities recipe has not changed—it offers the same great taste and benefits as it did prior to the introduction of the S+OXSHIELD seal of confidence.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Hill's Prescription Diet z/d Skin/Food Sensitivities Original Flavor Wet Dog Food, 13-oz, case of 12, bundle of 2$117.98Chewy Price$112.08Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet z/d Skin/Food Sensitivities Small Bites Original Flavor Dry Dog Food, 7 lb bag$46.99Chewy Price$44.64Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet d/d Skin/Food Sensitivities Potato & Salmon Recipe Dry Dog Food, 25-lb bag$119.99Chewy Price$113.99Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets HA Hydrolyzed Vegetarian Dry Dog Food, 6-lb bag$43.99Chewy Price$41.79Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet d/d Skin/Food Sensitivities Potato & Duck Recipe Dry Dog Food, 25-lb bag$119.99Chewy Price$113.99Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets HA Hydrolyzed Chicken Flavor Wet Dog Food, 13.3-oz, case of 12$53.99Chewy Price$51.29Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets HA Hydrolyzed Chicken Flavor Dry Dog Food, 6-lb bag$43.99Chewy Price$41.79Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet Gastrointestinal Biome Chicken Flavor Dry Dog Food, 16-lb bag$81.99Chewy Price$77.89Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Ultamino Dry Dog Food, 19.8-lb bag$120.99Chewy Price$114.94Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet i/d Digestive Care Chicken Flavor Dry Dog Food, 17.6-lb bag$84.99Chewy Price$80.74Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet Metabolic Chicken Flavor Wet Dog Food, 13-oz, case of 12$52.99Chewy Price$50.34Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet Gastrointestinal Biome Chicken & Vegetable Stew Wet Dog Food, 12.5-oz, case of 12$56.99Chewy Price$54.14Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Corn Starch, Hydrolyzed Chicken Liver, Powdered Cellulose...||Whole Grain Corn, Brewers Rice, Chicken Meal...||Whole Grain Wheat, Whole Grain Corn, Chicken Meal...||Brown Rice, Brewers Rice, Pork Fat...||Salmon Hydrolysate, Pea Starch, Potatoes...|
|Breed Size||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds...||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds...||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds...||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds...||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds...|
|Special Diet||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, Hydrolyzed Protein||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, With Grain||Veterinary Diet, Weight Control, With Grain||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, With Grain||Grain-Free, No Corn No Wheat No Soy, Veterinary Diet...|
|Food Flavor||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Salmon, Seafood & Fish|
|Health Feature||Skin & Coat Health||Urinary Tract Health||Weight Management||Kidney Care||Digestive Health, Skin & Coat Health|
Questions & Answers
38 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
861 Customer Reviews
Best for my shih tzu
We've literally tried all kinds and brands of high end dog food, low end dog food and food for sensitive dogs. This food was recommended by my vet, and prescription was given after I finally gave up trying to fix his issues myself. This food is the one that has helped him. He's never looked it felt better. Granted when he's dirty he still stinks like a wet dog, but he no longer chews his hair off, and he's getting a nice thick coat of hair. He can focus on being a shih tzu without constant chewing and scratching himself. We use the prescription treats also. The food is readily eaten by both my dogs, and they love the treats as well.
Diagnosed with IBD
Too early to tell. My dog has been very sick. After a 2 month process Sally was diagnosed with IBD and we are on a food trial plus medicine. This is our 2nd bag, smells great and she seems to like the flavor. Until she is off the medicine we won’t know if the ZD food diet will work for her. Chewy has been helpful and understanding our difficult situation, I wouldn’t shop anywhere else!
Bella Loves it!
Our JRT can't survive without it. She can't handle any other food. She will bite her skin to the point of drawing blood creating horrible sores and bald spots. The itching and biting even keeps her up at night when we try any other food. WE RECOMMEND IT VERY HIGHLY FOR DOGS WITH SKIN SENSITIVIES! IT HAD BEEN A LIFE SAVER FOR OUR DOG AND US! I SINCERELY HOPE IT HELPS EVERY DOG THAT TRIES IT!
He's doing better!
Scruffy has just started on Hills z/d and seems to be doing better. Gaining weight and feeling peppy. Have ordered and received the larger bag of food and now on automatic order. Since this is a new food for him, not sure when additional food will be needed. How can I change order? Thanks.
This food was prescribed by DVM for my GSD who suffers with itching & gastrointestinal issues. Thanks to Chewy the food is delivered auto-ship so I never run out.
My terrier loves it
My 5-year-old Norfolk Terrier was diagnosed with irritable bowel disease. The vet specialist said he could only eat hydrolyzed dog food. I've been satisfied with other Hill's prescription diets in the past with other dogs, so I chose Hill's z/d. Since he's not allowed treats, I carry the kibble as treats. Other dogs come up to the treat pouch & want some. I've never experienced this much interest. After being on z/d for 2 months, he's back to his happy, healthy self & being weaned off steroids.
I’ve tried every food under the Sun to help with my girl’s allergies- she is also a senior. This food within a week has changed her completely! Barely itching and her energy and joints are so much better as well! It’s like she’s 5 years younger!
The vet started my one dog to this food, due to constant allergies. She was going in almost monthly for allergy shots, Flucanozole, and sometimes antibiotics and steroid pills. We are aware of grass allergies that she has, however, because it is so constant reoccurring we thought we would give it a try. She is now on her 2nd bag, and there is a definite improvement. Definitely would recommend this food.
Juneau loves it
It’s still too early to see if this food aggravates our girl’s skin. But she did well on Derm Complete. However, she never liked it, and then just flat out refused to eat. She went on a hunger strike but would get into other foods as soon as we turned our backs. She loves the taste of this one. It’s so nice to have her happy and anticipating meals again. I’ll check back in when we know if it’s actually working. Fingers crossed.
Z/D skin/food sensitivities original flavor dry dog food.
It is very early in the process. Just transitioned to this food. My dog really seems to enjoy the food. Hopefully it will help with her skin and food allergies.