Hill's Prescription Diet z/d Skin/Food Sensitivities Original Flavor Dry Cat Food
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Clinical nutrition especially formulated to help manage your cat's dietary sensitivity and help reduce the possibility of adverse reactions to food
- Designed to improve digestion and stool quality with ingredients to help reduce gastrointestinal workload
- Helps eliminate food related causes of skin irritation and a healthy skin barrier
- Formulated with highly digestible proteins that minimize the chances of adverse reactions to food
- Clinically proven antioxidants help maintain a healthy immune system and skin barrier function
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Hill's Prescription Diet d/d Skin/Food Sensitivities Duck & Green Pea Dry Cat Food, 8.5-lb bag$75.99Chewy Price$72.19Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet d/d Skin/Food Sensitivities Venison & Green Pea Dry Cat Food, 3.5-lb bag$37.99Chewy Price$36.09Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet w/d Multi-Benefit with Chicken Dry Cat Food, 8.5-lb bag$54.99Chewy Price$52.24Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets HA Hydrolyzed Dry Cat Food, 8-lb bag$61.99Chewy Price$58.89Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet z/d Skin/Food Sensitivities Original Flavor Wet Cat Food, 5.5-oz, case of 24$77.99Chewy Price$74.09Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Gastrointestinal Moderate Calorie Dry Cat Food, 7.7-lb bag$57.99Chewy Price$55.09Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet Gastrointestinal Biome with Chicken Dry Cat Food, 8.5-lb bag$57.99Chewy Price$55.09Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Satiety Support Weight Management Dry Cat Food, 18.7-lb bag$92.99Chewy Price$88.34Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet i/d Digestive Care with Chicken Dry Cat Food, 8.5-lb bag$53.99Chewy Price$51.29Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Hydrolyzed Protein Dry Cat Food, 7.7-lb bag$62.99Chewy Price$59.84Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet c/d Multicare Urinary Care with Chicken Dry Cat Food, 17.6-lb bag$88.99Chewy Price$84.54Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets EN Gastroenteric Naturals Dry Cat Food, 10-lb bag$65.99Chewy Price$62.69Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Brewers Rice, Hydrolyzed Chicken Liver, Rice Protein Concentrate...||Yellow Peas, Pea Protein, Duck...||Chicken, Whole Grain Corn, Corn Gluten Meal...||Brewers Rice, Corn Gluten Meal, Chicken Meal...||Corn Gluten Meal, Pork Fat, Whole Grain Corn...|
|Special Diet||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, Hydrolyzed Protein, With Grain||Gluten Free, Grain-Free, Veterinary Diet||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, With Grain||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, Weight Control, With Grain||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, With Grain|
|Food Flavor||Chicken, Poultry||Duck, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Pork, Meat|
|Health Feature||Skin & Coat Health||Skin & Coat Health||Urinary Tract Health||Digestive Health, Weight Management||Hormone Support|
|Food Form||Dry Food||Dry Food||Dry Food||Dry Food||Dry Food|
Questions & Answers
25 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
495 Customer Reviews
Didn't help my cat
My cat has chronic diarrhea so we put him on this to see if it helped and if it signaled he may have IBD. He transitioned to it well as he didn't vomit. His diarrhea was unchanged. He's been on this diet for 1.5 months with no change. We don't know if he needs more time, if he has a sensitivity to an ingredient, or if there's something else. It smells like molasses which makes me question the quality of ingredients (idk why rice is so high up in the list and a lot of the other ingredients seem like fillers). One of my cats doesn't recognize this as food. Also, the treat version of this line is inedible. None of my cats recognize it as food. This isn't a great long term food. My vet said if he stays on this, he has to take vitamins. So, it sounds like it isn't a whole, balanced food.
Kitty likes this food. Customer service is TOP NOTCH.
Hill's z/d food was prescribed by my vet several months ago. I believe it's helping my cat's digestive issues, and I'm hopeful his next lab results show improvement. Luckily, he likes the food, so I will stick with it. Mostly, I'm incredibly impressed with all the customer service staffers that have helped me whenever I've had to call to ask a question about product or adjust my subscription deliveries. A real person to help me! Amazingly friendly, patient, and so very knowledgeable, no matter weekend, weekday, or even a holiday! I order all my pets' food from Chewy. Delivery is always spot on. All of this is so very much appreciated!
Cat likes it, it doesn't like him
My cat eats this same food in the canned version and we were giving him a different dry prescription food for his sensitive stomach but decided to try this one because he didn't seem to really like the other dry. Well, he chowed this one right down immediately and I was happy to see he liked it. The following day he threw up just like he was doing before we had him at the vet to figure out what was going on with him. We figured it was a fluke and maybe he ate it too fast so we've been watching how much he eats since that episode and a day later (today) he threw up again. Either my cat suddenly has more issues or this food isn't quite what it says it is and I'm leaning towards the second given the circumstances.
Only brand that also makes a wet food
This seems to be the only brand that also makes a wet food, and it's what our vet recommended for our cat that has developed an allergy to protein. We've only tried one other brand, Purina, for hydrolyzed protein, but it gave our cat really bad diarrhea. So it was back to Hills. He likes this kibble okay, and his health symptoms of diarrhea, vomiting, and sneezing like a grown man, have almost completely disappeared. He hates the wet food, though, and constantly tries to get the other cats' food. I feel sorry for him, but what else can we do?
Finally some relief for a very sick kitty
My cat was diagnosed with an intestinal infection. He spent weeks projectile vomiting - which was exhausting for us both. The vet first tried the wet version of this food but he would not eat it. I added water, heated it - nothing would entice him. The kibble, though, has been a big hit. He eats it well and so far the vomiting has been greatly reduced - some days he's not sick at all. It's expensive but worth it to see him eating and keeping the food down.
Seems to work
Our cat Mitzi began throwing up on her dry food. After vet check and blood work we switched her to this Hills diet. She seemed to like it okay from the start which is very important. I believe some of the popular products have changed in their ingredients and maybe some prescriptions should be made available to kittens and cats earlier in their life and without tying it to a veterinarian visit. Some kitties suffer needless and miss out due to cost.
Great new food
I was a little nervous to switch foods on our little kitty but because he was having allergies and licking his fur off, our vet suggested the Z/D diet. He seems to really like it and we had no problems with the transition.
My Cat Loves This
I was worried about spending so much money on prescription food but my cat loves the taste. He has skin allergies so the doctor recommended this food. His itching does seem better.
Great Food but Issue with Authorizations
This food solved my cat’s skin allergies and digestive issues. Great! 2020-2021 it was consistently out of stock. That seems to be resolved but the wet food is still hard to get. The biggest issue Chewy still seems to have with this food is my vet authorization which they need every month despite my cat being prescribed this food by the same vet for years, having monthly and annual authorization from the vet, and a written prescription for 1year uploaded by me repeatedly. I have contacted customer service several times and while they say the issue is resolved I keep having the same problem. This creates shipping delays and it is an inconvenience for my vet who would rather I use a different company. Please fix this issue!
Chewy Is Awesome
I have never had a negative experience with Chewy. In this day and age, that is rare! If you have pets, use Chewy. If you know someone with pets, recommend Chewy to them. All pet owners will benefit by using them!