Homestead Essentials 3 Compartment Poultry Nesting Box
About This Item
- 3-compartment nesting box for chickens.
- Features a slight tilt that allows eggs to roll to safety.
- Constructed with a no-perch roof to prevent roosting on the top of the unit.
- Equipped with a large handle for easy egg collection and filtered base to minimize cleaning.
- Assembly is easy with the included hardware, a flathead screwdriver and an adjustable wrench.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Homestead Essentials Classic 3 Compartment Chicken & Poultry Nesting Box$119.99Chewy Price
- Farm Innovators Circulated Air Digital Bird Incubator & Egg Turner$127.78Chewy Price$132.41List Price
- Brinsea EcoGlow Safety 600 Chick & Duckling Brooder$79.99Chewy Price
- Pampered Chicken Mama Best Eggs Ever Poultry Nesting Box Herbs, 20-oz bag$37.99Chewy Price$36.09Autoship Price
- Pampered Chicken Mama Scent of Spring Poultry Nesting Box Herbs, 8-lb bag$134.99Chewy Price$149.99List Price$128.24Autoship Price
- Pampered Chicken Mama Nesting Herb Starter Kit$62.99Chewy Price$69.99List Price$59.84Autoship Price
- Happy Hen Treats Chicken Nesting Herbs, 1-lb bag$24.99Chewy Price$23.74Autoship Price
- Brinsea EcoGlow Safety 1200 Chick & Duckling Brooder$82.25Chewy Price$99.99List Price
- Little Giant Small Egg Basket$9.99Chewy Price$16.70List Price
- Brinsea Ovascope Bird Egg Candler$74.99Chewy Price
- Brinsea Mini II Advance Automatic Egg Incubator Small Egg Insert$17.99Chewy Price$19.99List Price
- Brinsea Ovaview High Intensity Bird Egg Candler$49.99Chewy Price
Compare Similar Items
|Bird Type||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken||Chicken||Chicken|
|Material||Aluminum, Plastic, Metal||Aluminum, Plastic, Metal||Plastic, Steel, Metal||Plastic, Steel, Metal||Aluminum, Metal|
Questions & Answers
10 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
10 Customer Reviews
Never knew how many eggs were missing
Having breakage of eggs,dirty,hens pecking them(old wood nest box flat with mats) decided roll out was answer.Found this box on net at high pricing ,then found Chewy.Ordered,in less three days it was delivered.Easy to assemble(I sub the screws for commercial grade pop rivets,just my choice not a necessity) ,mounted to wall ,closed off old boxes,they stared filling them up.Solid clean a real no brainer,7 hens steady producing!
Easy to put together and good price
The 3 compartment poultry nesting box was easy to put together. The directions were simple drawings showing where each piece went and the order of assembly. Only took 20 minutes to fully assemble. It is made of decent metal, no wood to rot. Yes the edges of the metal are sharp, but that's the nature of sheet metal, so wear gloves while assembling if you are tender handed.
Chickens toes get stuck
Overall I think this is an okay nest box. However, my Silkies toes have gotten stuck in the slats twice in 8 months that I’ve had this product. This last time, I had to cut the plastic to get her toes freed. This doesn’t happen with my other breeds of chickens, but I think it’s happening with my Silkies because of the location of their extra toe. So if you have Silkies, I would not recommend this!
Like how it drops the eggs into the compartment, but the chickens needed a little coaxing with hey to go in them into the boxes. Eggs don't roll down as easy. But I like that they're not laying eggs on the floor.
Got my package and it was broke! Spent over $80 and couldn’t wait to get it. Just to get a broke product
Nothing wrong with the design
The concept is great and the design works as it should. When assembled correctly, the trays stay in place. The instructions are not super clear and the pieces are unmarked (would be helpful to have something like little stickers with arrows or "up"/"down", "back"/"front"), but they are fine. Took me about 15 mins to put it together. Agree with the statement that some holes are not perfectly aligned, but the metal is thin and the assembly is possible. It's light and easy to clean.
Once assembled, the product seems great, but there are some very sharp edges that cut me during assembly.
Good quality nesting box
I wanted something easier to disinfect than the wooden nesting boxes I was using. This is metal and plastic so it’s easy to clean. I like that the bottom tray is plastic so it’s not as cold for the hens in the winter. I put it together pretty easily, although the instructions weren’t super helpful. It definitely helps to have another set of hands fit the initial construction. Some of the holes for the screws seemed slightly off center but I got it to work. Be aware that you’ll be tightening the screws in very tight places and you may have some difficulty if you’re using a normal-size screwdriver. I haven’t had it too long but a couple of the hens are starting lay in it so I guess they don’t hate it. The box seems good quality so I’m hoping it’ll last!
Great concept, poor design
This nestbox comes unassembled. It was not hard to put together, just a pain. After hanging in the coop, the chickens loved it... BUT, the lip in back that holds the tray in place is not wide enough, and the metal under the tray is too thin to hold it in the slot. The tray slips forward, then flips up in back which causes the tray to hang vertically, or worse, come completely out of the housing. Also, the tray accumulates poop, so the eggs get dirty. I modified the tray by cutting a slot in front smaller than the egg in order for the poop to fall out rather than collect. I also put a strap around the front of the trays, and a 1 1/2" block over the back of the tray to hold it in. It works well for the most part now. I doubt that I will buy again, for the the time and money I have in it, I can build my own.
excellent and fast service
Great selection, fast service and well packaged. Easy installation and cleverly designed.