Horizon Complete Large Breed Puppy Dry Dog Food, 25-lb bag
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Wholesome meal for your pup is made with whole grains and chicken protein to give pets optimal nutrition from their food.
- Includes only high-quality, rich whole grains such as barley, rye and flaxseed—absolutely no corn, potatoes or tapioca fillers.
- Low glycemic index food helps to regulate blood sugar, and may aid in disease prevention and support weight reduction.
- Whole grains offer outstanding dietary fiber to support digestive health, and keep your pup's tummy as happy as their taste buds.
- Formulated to meet the nutritional levels established by the AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles for all life stages.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- PetKind Beef Tripe Dry Dog Food, 6-lb bag$31.99Chewy Price$30.39Autoship Price
- Forza10 Nutraceutic Active Line Oral Support Diet Dry Dog Food, 6-lb bag$39.99Chewy Price$37.99Autoship Price
- Horizon Pulsar Whole Grain Chicken Recipe Dry Dog Food, 8.8-lb bag$23.99Chewy Price
- Forza10 Nutraceutic Active Line OTO Support Diet Dry Dog Food, 6-lb bag$34.99Chewy Price$39.99List Price$33.24Autoship Price
- Forza10 Nutraceutic Active Puppy Chondro Diet Dry Dog Food, 8.8-lb bag$36.99Chewy Price$49.99List Price$35.14Autoship Price
- Forza10 Nutraceutic Maintenance Evolution Fish Dry Dog Food, 18-lb bag$54.99Chewy Price$52.24Autoship Price
- Forza10 Nutraceutic Active Line Immuno Support Diet Dry Dog Food, 8-lb bag$43.19Chewy Price$51.99List Price$41.03Autoship Price
- Regal Pet Foods Lean Recipe Dry Dog Food, 13-lb bag$28.99Chewy Price$27.54Autoship Price
- Regal Pet Foods Pastureland Recipe Lamb & Whitefish Meals Whole Grains Dry Dog Food, 26-lb bag$57.99Chewy Price$55.09Autoship Price
- Regal Pet Foods Large Breed Recipe Dry Dog Food, 26-lb bag$50.49Chewy Price$47.97Autoship Price
- Regal Pet Foods Farmhouse Recipe Chicken & Duck Meals Whole Grains Adult Dry Dog Food, 26-lb bag$50.49Chewy Price$47.97Autoship Price
- Forza10 Nutraceutic Behavioral Diet Dry Dog Food, 6-lb bag$39.99Chewy Price$51.99List Price$37.99Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Price Per Unit|
|Top Ingredients||Chicken Meal, Whole Grain Barley, Whole Grain Oats...||Salmon, Salmon Meal, Menhaden Fish Meal...||Deboned Chicken, Chicken Meal, Oats...||Deboned Chicken, Chicken Meal, White Rice...||Deboned Chicken, Chicken Meal, Brown Rice...|
|Special Diet||Low Glycemic, Non-GMO, With Grain||Limited Ingredient Diet, With Grain, Premium||Low Glycemic, High-Protein, With Grain||No Corn No Wheat No Soy, Pea-Free, With Grain||High-Protein, Sensitive Digestion, Pea-Free, Raw, With Grain|
|Health Feature||Vitamins & Minerals||—||Digestive Health, Immune Support||Brain Health, Immune Support, Vitamins & Minerals||Brain Health, Skin & Coat Health, Hip & Joint Support...|
|Breed Size||Large Breeds, Giant Breeds||All Breeds, Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds||Large Breeds, Medium Breeds, Small Breeds, All Breeds|
|Food Flavor||Chicken, Poultry||Salmon, Seafood & Fish||Chicken, Turkey, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry, Seafood & Fish||Chicken, Poultry|
Questions & Answers
ReviewsWrite a Review
12 Customer Reviews
Great healthy food for large breed puppies
This was the only puppy food I could find that did not have the ingredient 'natural flavors' or any genetically engineered ingredients, so I bought it for my German Sheperd puppy and I am very glad I did because she loves it a whole lot.
Great quality affordable food
Wonderful Canadian standards with a manageable price. Taking into account it is grain inclusion and includes chicken, be sure your pup doesn’t have a sensitivity to these things or it will cause stomach upset. That said, my puppy loves this food, she eats 3 times a day and it seems to really fill her up.
Horizon Complete puppy food
My puppies love this food. They r only 10 weeks old and eat 3 times a day. They inhale the food Tgsnk u Chewy.
We ordered this food at the advice of a friend who has 3 labrador retrievers with shiny coats who are healthy and happy dogs, aging well. Our puppy came home on an adult food which she could barely chew. As soon as we opened the package of Horizon puppy for large breeds, our lab, Maisy, was in heaven. Her tail started to wag and she excited sniffed, trying to get a test. When we offered her a few kibbles as a reward, she LOVED them. We are transitioning her slowly, but it is clearly her preference. We love knowing there's never been a recall from this brand and that the family owned business sources all the great ingredients from Saskatchewan- salmon, poultry, barley etc. And they are cooked at low temperatures- so no glyconation. They don't seem to advertise very much so it unfortunately is not very popular. The people who gave negative reviews may not realize that whole foods can be harder to digest at first, until your puppy is acclimated. But processed foods are not better. We highly recommend this brand!
Great for our Golden Puppy
Dug is by no means a picky eater, so he scarfs this food right on up. After a few weeks on this food, we are finally starting to see some more solid stools. I think his previous food and vitamin combination may have been too rich for him. He’s doing great now and I’m really happy with the ingredients in this food. It took a lot of research finding a food for large breed puppies that had grains and was from a brand we felt we could trust. Will definitely keep feeding this throughout his puppyhood. Side note, we’re also happy with the price point on this recipe.
my puppy will not eat this
I was trying to find a puppy for for my Great Pyrenees I did some research and this had a ratio of a 4 star online and for the price I was alike ok I will get this. I hate I didn’t read the negative reviews about it cause now my dog will not eat I really want a refund but I threw away the bag as I put all his food in a . Giant metal container. I’m having to mix wet food in with him this food to even get him to eat some of it. I’m very disappointed and want a refund!! Refund will go towards a new dog food for my baby boy.
High quality and great price, my dog loves it and I may not rebuy because I'm gonna try raw but it is great for the moment
Puppy wouldn't touch it
Puppy does not approve. She sniffs it and walks away.
this is a very good product
My new Newfoundland puppy just loves this food and it has all kinds of good nutrients in it. Will be getting until she is big enough to get the reg large breed food.
caused farting and diarrhea.
We tried this food for my 6 month old Rottweiler for 3 months or so and started out okay he liked the food but progressively got worse. The passing of gas got worse after eating and the stool continued to soften and eventually was just runs.we got a X-ray to make sure there were no intestinal issues and was clear. We switched to chicken soup for the soul. I tried to slowly introduce this food and he would pick the new food out from the horizon complete and would not finish eating the rest unless he was starving. Every dog is different but I suggest keeping an eye on stool, this seems to be common with this brand. I just hope I did not stunt his growth from this misshap .