Hound & Gatos 98% Trout & Duck Liver Grain-Free Canned Cat Food, 5.5-oz, case of 24
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Crafted with 98% trout and duck liver.
- An ancestrally appropriate carnivore diet that's completely free of plant protein.
- Made without added carbohydrates.
- Fortified with vitamins and minerals.
- Made in the USA for all life stages.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Hound & Gatos 98% Salmon Grain-Free Canned Cat Food, 5.5-oz, case of 24$58.56Chewy Price$55.63Autoship Price
- Weruva Classic Cat Stewlander Duck & Salmon in Gravy Stew Canned Cat Food, 2.8-oz can, case of 12$20.99Chewy Price$21.48List Price$19.94Autoship Price
- Weruva Classic Cat What a Crock Chicken & Salmon in Gravy Stew Cat Food Pouches, 3-oz pouch, 12 count$21.99Chewy Price$22.68List Price$20.89Autoship Price
- BFF OMG Start Me Up! Tuna & Salmon Flavor Wet Canned Cat Food, 2.8-oz can, case of 12$17.88Chewy Price$16.99Autoship Price
- DealTiki Cat After Dark Chicken & Pork Canned Cat Food, 5.5-oz, case of 8$26.72Chewy Price$25.38Autoship Price
- BFF OMG Love Munchkin! Chicken & Pumpkin Dinner in Gravy Grain-Free Canned Cat Food, 2.8-oz, case of 12$17.99Chewy Price$19.08List Price$17.09Autoship Price
- Weruva Slide N' Serve Family Food Chicken Breast Dinner with Tuna Pate Grain-Free Cat Food Pouches, 5.5-oz pouch, case of 12$28.99Chewy Price$29.88List Price$27.54Autoship Price
- Weruva Classic Cat Stew's Clues Turkey, Chicken & Salmon in Gravy Stew Wet Canned Cat Food, 5.5-oz can, case of 8$18.69Chewy Price$19.12List Price$17.76Autoship Price
- Weruva Slide N' Serve Let's Make a Meal Lamb & Mackerel Dinner Pate Grain-Free Cat Food Pouches, 2.8-oz pouch, case of 12$21.99Chewy Price$22.68List Price$20.89Autoship Price
- BFF OMG Chase Me! Tuna & Chicken Flavor Wet Canned Cat Food, 2.8-oz can, case of 12$16.99Chewy Price$17.88List Price$16.14Autoship Price
- BFF OMG Crazy 4 U! Chicken & Salmon Dinner in Gravy Grain-Free Canned Cat Food, 2.8-oz, case of 12$17.99Chewy Price$19.08List Price$17.09Autoship Price
- DealWeruva Cats in the Kitchen Meowiss Bueller with Chicken & Lamb Grain-Free Cat Food Pouches, 3-oz pouch, case of 12$20.99Chewy Price$21.48List Price$19.94Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Price Per Unit|
|Top Ingredients||Trout, Fish Broth, Duck Liver...||Salmon, Fish Broth, Calcium Carbonate...||Lamb, Lamb Broth, Lamb Liver...||Chicken, Chicken Broth, Chicken Liver...||Beef, Beef Broth, Agar-Agar...|
|Food Flavor||Duck, Liver, Poultry, Meat, Seafood & Fish||Salmon, Lamb, Meat, Seafood & Fish||Lamb, Meat||Chicken, Poultry||Beef, Meat|
|Special Diet||No Corn No Wheat No Soy, Grain-Free, Gluten Free...||No Corn No Wheat No Soy, Grain-Free, Gluten Free...||No Corn No Wheat No Soy, Grain-Free, Gluten Free...||No Corn No Wheat No Soy, Grain-Free, Gluten Free...||No Corn No Wheat No Soy, Grain-Free, Gluten Free...|
Questions & Answers
3 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
35 Customer Reviews
cats can't get enough
My cats cannot get enough of this food - especially this flavor. I was looking for something with better quality and species-appropriate ingredients. This fit the bill and has been a huge hit.
Only okay, disappointed
My two cats are eating this food without complaint which is why I give it 3 stars. But for its high price, I am disappointed. It looks and smells fine when first opened. But I only feed a teaspoon each per meal as a topping. Then it goes into the refrigerator with a lid. I have never seen any other brand of cat food separate and have such an oily film like this one does. I assume it is still safe to eat one or two days later, but what an unappetizing mess! I won’t buy this again.
Luck loves it
Before I bought this product Hound and Gatos sent me some samples, Luck absolutely loves it. I am also a person who does my research on food for my dog and cat. (By the way when doing research make sure that research isn't financed by a pet food corporation) In the information I obtained I believe Hound and Gatos is a quality food.
Great quality, boring taste
I do love this stuff so far. I had to pick a new brand since our go-to was discontinued and reading up led me to Hound & Gatos. The ingredients are fantastic compared to most others brands on the markets. Unfortunately like most reviews seem to say, cats don't seem very interested in it. I think only selling cases of one flavor is a terrible way to sell cat food. Cats get bored with the same flavor and need need variety. Lucky for us cat people, we are smarter than our cats and the silly compaines that can't be bothered. I grab a few single cans at the local pet store; Instincts is a great healthy brand and excellent for the picky eaters, and Royal Canin is well known among vets for its excellent pet food nutrition. I mix a bit of one of these in with the Hound & Gatos, and microwave for a few seconds to warm up the food if it was chilled before, that really helps too. Chewy also sells freeze dried chicken or turkey toppings, a few sprinkles can entice them to eat as well if they are still turning up their nose. Seems like a lot of work to get them to eat some cat food, but it is healthier than red dye 4 and all the other additives so I'm okay with it. If you're buying 25 cans for 50$ you probably are too. The shipping was fast, the packaging was all good, and the actual consistency of the product was all approved by a very meticulous cat momma before the first feeding. I have seen horror stories online from time to time with pet food shipments but our case was in excellent condition.
My cat loves it!
Like many others, I've heard good things about the quality Hound & Gatos but was worried about buying such a large case without first having my cat try it considering many reviews state that the palatability is questionable. I went with trout and liver because it had the highest reviews of the flavors and although my cat is not very picky about wet food, he does prefer fish. My cat loves this flavor! Very curious about how he'd like the other fish options.
My cats love this
My two picky kitties love this food. They prefer this flavor over the other H&G cat food, although they do love the duck and game bird flavors too. But this one is the clear winner.
Hound and Gatos has been great for my Egyptian Mau. He’s 9 and I’ve been feeding it to him since he was around 5.
My Cats Love It!
This is the only canned food my cats will eat. They come asking for it every day!
A little SMELLY, but who am I say say; I'm not a cat
Looking for another good alternative to add to what my 2 cats are already eating. They need variety not only for variety's sake, but to have different types of proteins, vitamins and minerals from different sources. Bottom line is that they devour it.
Changed Formula in late 2017
My cats loved this food until they changed the formula around October last year. It was a completely different consistency and my cats both went from licking their dishes clean to barely eating any of it. After trying several other flavors and brands their new pick is Triumph trout flavor. It's much less expensive, so that's a win.