Hyper Pet IQ Calm Slow Feeder Cat & Dog Treat Mat
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Helps reduce anxiety, stress, and boredom, and is a fun way to reward your pooch for good behavior!
- Made in the USA from non-toxic, FDA grade TPE. Make sure to supervise your pet during mat use.
- Promotes fresh breath and dental hygiene, helps aid digestion and lessen bloating, and supports portion control.
- “Calm” design promotes a lot of licking, which is specifically beneficial to help soothe anxiety. Also available in “reward” (sold separately).
- This 8" x 8" mat is freezer friendly, microwave safe, top rack dishwasher safe.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Hyper Pet IQ Banquet Dog & Cat Lick Mat, Blue/Gray$10.95Chewy Price
- Lick Lick Pad Dog Distraction Lick Mat, Large, Blue$9.99Chewy Price
- Rinse Ace Suction Grooming Lick Pad Dog Grooming Tool$6.96Chewy Price$7.99List Price
- Pet Dream House SPIN Tricky Level UFO Maze Non-Skid Plastic Interactive Slow Feeder Dog Bowl, Blue$22.49Chewy Price$27.99List Price
- Disney Mickey Silicone Dog & Cat Treat Lick Mat, Red$7.01Chewy Price
- Dexas Popware For Pets Silicone Slow Feeder Dog & Cat Wellness Bowl, 6-cups$15.99Chewy Price$21.99List Price
- Pet Dream House PAW Non-Skid Plastic Slow Feeder Dog Bowl, Orange$14.99Chewy Price
- Frisco Fish Shaped Ridges Slow Feed Bowl, Light Blue, 1.25 cups, 2 count$6.70Chewy Price$7.06List Price
- Outward Hound Fun Feeder Wobble Slo-Bowl Dog Bowl, Mint$21.99Chewy Price
Compare Similar Items
|Bowl & Storage Feature||Dishwasher-Safe, Microwavable, Portion Control||Dishwasher-Safe, Non-Skid||Portion Control, Non-Skid, Dishwasher-Safe||Non-Skid, Dishwasher-Safe, BPA-Free...||BPA-Free, Lead-Free, Portion Control|
|Breed Size||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds||Extra Small & Toy Breeds, Small Breeds||Large Breeds||Medium Breeds||Medium Breeds, Large Breeds|
|Capacity (Max)||N/A||0.5 Cup/4-oz||N/A||2-cup||2-cups; 16-oz|
|Small Pet Type||N/A||—||N/A||N/A||N/A|
Questions & Answers
6 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
57 Customer Reviews
slows them down
One of my cats is VERY food motivated and will gobble her meals and cry when it's gone. This mat does a good job of slowing her down and giving her stomach a chance to realize it's been fed. We feed canned food exclusively -- I don't think the indents are deep enough to work with kibble. They're a pain to clean compared to a bowl, but fortunately they'll survive a round through the dishwasher. I wish it came in different colors. The orange and green don't match anything in our home so we hide them away outside of mealtime.
Bella & Bailey's Mom
First off they LOVE their mats. I use it to keep them ( 2 labradoodles) still while I blow dry them after swimming. It works great. I recommend this product and will be buying more. Good for frozen treats also in the summer.
Perfect for my boy!
My pup, Louie, loves this mat. I spread some fat free greek plain yogurt on it and put it in the freezer in the morning. When Louie is due for a treat, I give him the frozen mat, and he licks away. It gives him about 10-15 minutes of "work." I do not fill each square completely as I am watching his weight. He eats this on a rug. It stays in place as he works it.
Not the best
I’m just not that happy with the Quality of these. They seem cheap. Do not get these if you don’t have a dishwasher, they will be impossible to clean.
Bought these to help extend my dog's snack time. They work! They also serve as a tasty distraction when I cut his nails. He now sees the unpleasant chore as a delicious and fun alternative to running away from my dremmel. I mix pumpkin puree and greek yogurt with a little peanut butter, smear it on the mat, then freeze the whole thing. The pockets aren't too deep as I heard some other mats can be. That way he's able to lick up all of the goodies and it's easier for me to clean.
Too easy for my doods
I got these to slow my pups down at mealtime. But I think the grooves need to be larger and less uniform. These were like a plate for them.
Review and Cleaning Tips
I love these slow feeder mats. I just ordered two more because they're that good. They do slow my cat's eating down, although I think freezing his wet food somewhat, on the mats, may be the best way to do it. He still eats a little faster than he should otherwise. Before I got these, I had ordered mats from a different brand on here. These are much better. The designs on these are a lot easier to clean. As far as cleaning goes, I've found these to be pretty easy to clean in the sink. There are a few things I do that makes cleaning them a breeze. For anyone having issues with getting these mats completely clean, do yourself a big favor and use a small scrub brush to clean them with. An old toothbrush would probably work well too. Just sanitize it in rubbing alcohol first. 1. Soak mats in water first for at least 20 mins (if food is dried on). 2. Drain most of the water until there's a thin layer covering the mats. 3. Squirt some dish soap on the mats 4. Use a small scrub brush to scrub the mats *If there's anything that won't come off the mat, hold it right up to the faucet and turn it on high (for those who don't have a sprayer). It sort of power washes them. I hope this helps.
Nice in theory, not practice (with cats)
I really wanted this to work for my fast-eating cat. Unfortunately, both of them just sniff it and don't eat it. I wouldn't buy it again.
This was another of the first licki-mats purchased for my dogs and they also enjoyed this one for over 45 minutes. It also slides around a bit as it doesn't have suction cups on the bottom surface.
No More Barf
Our kitties have had a lot of stress with moving and being restricted to indoors. They were inhaling their food almost before I could put a dish down and barfing frequently. Using the Mats with the food spread out and smooshed into the crevices (chunky food in broth) it now takes twenty minutes or so for them to finish and the next hour is spent checking for a crevice they might have missed. Easy to wash in the sink or dishwasher and NO MORE BARF!