Instinct Original Grain-Free Pate Real Chicken Recipe Wet Canned Cat Food
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Cage-free chicken is the first ingredient in this savory recipe that’s packed with animal protein for strong, lean muscles.
- Contains 95% chicken, turkey and chicken liver and 5% vegetables, fruits and other wholesome ingredients.
- Made without grain, potato, corn, wheat, soy, artificial colors or preservatives.
- Has a delicious pate texture.
- Made using the finest ingredients from around the world.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Instinct Original Grain-Free Pate Real Rabbit Recipe Wet Canned Cat Food, 5.5-oz, case of 12$43.08Chewy Price$44.28List Price$40.93Autoship Price
- DealTiki Cat Hanalei Luau Wild Salmon in Salmon Consomme Grain-Free Canned Cat Food, 2.8-oz, case of 12$23.88Chewy Price$22.69Autoship Price
- Weruva Paw Lickin' Chicken in Gravy Grain-Free Canned Cat Food, 3-oz, case of 24$37.03Chewy Price$42.96List Price$35.18Autoship Price
- DealTiki Cat Hawaiian Grill Ahi Tuna Grain-Free Canned Cat Food, 2.8-oz, case of 12$16.56Chewy Price$18.48List Price$15.73Autoship Price
- Instinct Original Grain-Free Pate Recipe Variety Pack Wet Canned Cat Food, 5.5-oz, case of 12$31.99Chewy Price$30.39Autoship Price
- DealTiki Cat Puka Puka Luau Succulent Chicken in Chicken Consomme Grain-Free Canned Cat Food, 10-oz can, case of 4$17.03Chewy Price$18.36List Price$16.18Autoship Price
- Weruva Mideast Feast with Grilled Tilapia in Gravy Grain-Free Canned Cat Food, 3-oz, case of 24$41.99Chewy Price$42.96List Price$39.89Autoship Price
- DealTiki Cat Pate Mackerel & Sardines Recipe in Broth Wet Cat Food, 2.8-oz, case of 12$18.48Chewy Price$17.56Autoship Price
- Wellness Chicken & Turkey Pate Favorites Canned Cat Food, 3-oz, case of 24$41.76Chewy Price$43.99List Price$39.67Autoship Price
- Wellness Complete Health Pate Chicken Entree Grain-Free Natural Canned Cat Food, 12.5-oz, case of 12$54.84Chewy Price$57.48List Price$52.10Autoship Price
- DealTiki Cat Napili Luau Wild Salmon & Chicken in Chicken Consomme Grain-Free Canned Cat Food, 2.8-oz, case of 12$23.88Chewy Price$22.69Autoship Price
- DealTiki Cat Luau Chicken & Egg Recipe in Chicken Consommé Grain-Free Wet Cat Food, 10-oz, case of 4$18.36Chewy Price$17.44Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Price Per Unit|
|Top Ingredients||Chicken, Chicken Broth, Chicken Liver...||Chicken, Chicken Broth, Chicken Liver...||Duck, Chicken Broth, Chicken Liver...||Real Chicken Recipe: Chicken, Turkey, Chicken Liver...||Rabbit, Pork, Pork Liver...|
|Food Flavor||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Duck, Poultry||Chicken, Salmon, Poultry, Seafood & Fish||Rabbit, Meat|
|Special Diet||High-Protein, Grain-Free, Gluten Free...||Gluten Free, High-Protein, Grain-Free...||High-Protein, Grain-Free, Gluten Free...||Grain-Free, High-Protein, No Corn No Wheat No Soy, Natural||High-Protein, Grain-Free, Gluten Free...|
|Health Feature||Appetite Stimulation, Skin & Coat Health||Appetite Stimulation, Skin & Coat Health||Appetite Stimulation, Skin & Coat Health||Appetite Stimulation, Skin & Coat Health||Appetite Stimulation, Skin & Coat Health|
|Packaging Type||Can||Can||Can||Can, Variety Pack||Can|
Questions & Answers
35 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
567 Customer Reviews
My twenty year old could only eat the chicken flavored wet can and enjoyed it for many years. Refuses to eat it now. Food has loose consistency and is missing the cute veggies. The can is thicker and will not clean enough to recycle. Tried mixing new and old cans until I ran out. Very disappointed in Thailand takeover. Must find a new food to introduce while dealing with his other health issues and intolerance to many foods. Please bring back the USA product!
Cat likes it mostly
Our 14yo cat is hyperthyroid (medicated) and is thinner than I would like. All his values recently tested in normal range, but he has always been picky since we got him and food has always been a big challenge. Our vet had previously recommended a kidney care diet and I have exhausted all of our lower phosphorus options as our cat is very picky and he outright refused to eat prescription. We have found a few that he will eat, but only if it is in a rotation as he does not like to eat the same thing for every meal or even every day. His recent lab values showed his kidney levels have improved since we have adopted him about 2 years ago, however he is so picky I am constantly worried about his weight. I was trying to find a "not super low but not super high" phosphorus food and I stumbled on this as the Chewy answers say it is 1.50% phosphorus on a dry matter basis. I bought a few cans locally based on this and he scarfed it down. So, I decided to order a case of this and the variety pack. I emailed the company afterwards to be sure I knew what the phosphorus levels were and unfortunately, the company gave me higher percentages than what Chewy states on their answers page. The company let me know this one has 1.80%. Not insanely high, but still higher than I would like. I would really like him to get more calories and since he seems to like this, I still give this to him in his rotation of (many, many) different foods. This does seem like a quality food, but I am still considering if it should be kept in the rotation, due to the higher phosphorus levels, once I have used up what I bought from Chewy. On the one hand it has high calories, which is absolutely what I want, but I also don't want him to have higher kidney levels. I would recommend this if you have a picky cat that doesn't have health issues. I only gave it 4 stars instead of 5 due to the phosphorous levels, but the food seems very quality and all our cats seem to like it.
Thyroid senior cat approved!
My cat Tiger, has a thyroid condition, and we have to give him medicine 2 times a day. He has a lot of trouble overeating and puking, thereby losing too much weight. This food seems to stay with him, and he has been gaining some weight, which is great for a senior kitty. Seems to be a good choice for helping him get out of his skinny jeans and into some curvy ones!
Formula change is awful
My cats have been eating and loving this food for years. The recent formula change resulted in a totally different texture, and the food in the cans was discolored. At first I thought it could have been a bad batch, but I foolishly bought more from another source and it was the same. The cats wouldn't touch it. Donated it all to a shelter. Once a loyal Instinct customer, I will never buy this brand again.
Hate the new formula!
Have been purchasing Instinct Chicken for the last 7+ years. My last three orders I noticed the cans were heavier and harder to open. The chicken no longer looked the same nor smelled the same. The texture was more gelatinous and smelled more fishy then like chicken. My cats are not thrilled with this product anymore. Guess I need to switch to a brand made in the USA not Thailand! Thanks for nothing Instinct.
My cat used to love this food but we just got a batch of new lot… she refuses to eat it. It used to be a pretty firm pate with some “gravy” but now it’s covered in oil. Unfortunately going to need to find a new brand.
I have been sticking to instinct for over a year but today is the day that changes I got a case and the first two cans I opened had black stuff growing in the food the smell was disgusting sad to switch to a different brand but I value my cats health
This was not a hit.
Why the peas and carrots? Cats are obligate carnivores. My wet food loving cats turned up their nose at this wet food. One refused to even take a bite and walked out of the room irritated that I would even offer her this.
New formula total disaster
I have been buying this for 2 years and the new shipment is obvious different. They obvious change the formula. The gravy is very jelly like, and pate texture feels really weird. I always rinse the can with a little water for the last piece of gravy and meat, but this new version has sticky jelly chunks stick so hard on the can, like a greasy wok left for 2 days without washing. Moving away from this product now.
I've been purchasing this product for the last year and a half and been very happy until recently. I don't believe it is the same product since they moved manufacturing to Thailand - it looks different, smells different, comes in a different can, and my cat is much less enthusiastic about eating it. I'm disappointed that they are trying to pass this off as the same. Instinct has permanently lost my business and I will no longer be recommending their products to anyone.