Instinct Original Grain-Free Recipe with Real Chicken Freeze-Dried Raw Coated Dry Dog Food
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Cage-free chicken is the first ingredient for high animal protein to support strong, lean muscles.
- Features 70% real animal ingredients and nutritious oils, plus 30% fruits, vegetables and other wholesome ingredients.
- Never contains any grain, potato, corn, wheat, soy, by-product meal, artificial colors or preservatives.
- Guaranteed levels of live, natural probiotics, natural omegas and antioxidants to support digestive health, healthy skin and coat, and immune health.
- Made in the USA using premium ingredients from around the world, with the pure nutrition of raw in every piece.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Instinct Raw Boost Gut Health Grain-Free Recipe with Real Chicken & Freeze-Dried Raw Pieces Adult Dry Dog Food, 18-lb bag$79.99Chewy Price$75.99Autoship Price
- Instinct Be Natural Real Chicken & Brown Rice Recipe Freeze-Dried Raw Coated Dry Dog Food, 4.5-lb bag$17.99Chewy Price$17.09Autoship Price
- Instinct Raw Boost Grain-Free Recipe with Real Chicken & Freeze-Dried Raw Pieces Dry Dog Food, 21-lb bag$47.99Chewy Price$79.99List Price$45.59Autoship Price
- Instinct Original Grain-Free Recipe with Real Beef Freeze-Dried Raw Coated Dry Dog Food, 20-lb bag$71.24Chewy Price$74.99List Price$67.68Autoship Price
- Instinct Be Natural Real Beef & Barley Recipe Freeze-Dried Raw Coated Dry Dog Food, 4.5-lb bag$19.99Chewy Price$18.99Autoship Price
- Instinct Original Grain-Free Recipe with Real Salmon Freeze-Dried Raw Coated Dry Dog Food, 20-lb bag$77.99Chewy Price$74.09Autoship Price
- Instinct Raw Boost Grain-Free Recipe with Real Beef & Freeze-Dried Raw Pieces Dry Dog Food, 10-lb bag$49.99Chewy Price$47.49Autoship Price
- Instinct Raw Boost Small Breed Grain-Free Recipe with Real Beef & Freeze-Dried Raw Pieces Dry Dog Food, 10-lb bag$49.99Chewy Price$47.49Autoship Price
- Instinct Be Natural Real Lamb & Oatmeal Recipe Freeze-Dried Raw Coated Dry Dog Food, 24-lb bag$69.49Chewy Price$69.99List Price$66.02Autoship Price
- Instinct Raw Boost Small Breed Grain-Free Recipe with Real Chicken & Freeze-Dried Raw Pieces Dry Dog Food, 4-lb bag$29.99Chewy Price$28.49Autoship Price
- Instinct Limited Ingredient Diet Grain-Free Recipe with Real Lamb Freeze-Dried Raw Coated Dry Dog Food, 4-lb bag$27.99Chewy Price$26.59Autoship Price
- Instinct Raw Boost Whole Grain Real Salmon & Brown Rice Recipe Freeze-Dried Raw Coated Dry Dog Food, 4.5-lb bag$27.99Chewy Price$26.59Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Chicken, Chicken Meal, Peas...||Chicken, Chicken Meal, Peas...||Chicken, Chicken Meal (source of Glucosamine and Chondroitin Sulfate), Chickpeas...||Chicken Meal (source of Glucosamine and Chondroitin Sulfate), Salmon Meal, Chicken...||Chicken, Chicken Meal (source of Glucosamine and Chondroitin Sulfate), Chickpeas...|
|Special Diet||Grain-Free, Gluten Free, No Corn No Wheat No Soy, Natural||High-Protein, Gluten Free, Grain-Free...||High-Protein, Grain-Free, Gluten Free...||High-Protein, Grain-Free, Gluten Free...||High-Protein, Grain-Free, Gluten Free...|
|Health Feature||Digestive Health, Skin & Coat Health, Vitamins & Minerals||Digestive Health, Skin & Coat Health, Vitamins & Minerals||Digestive Health, Skin & Coat Health, Vitamins & Minerals, N/A||Digestive Health, Skin & Coat Health, Vitamins & Minerals, N/A||Digestive Health, Skin & Coat Health, Vitamins & Minerals, N/A|
|Breed Size||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Large Breeds, Medium Breeds, Small Breeds, All Breeds||Extra Small & Toy Breeds, Small Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Extra Small & Toy Breeds|
|Food Flavor||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry|
Questions & Answers
27 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
308 Customer Reviews
21% price increase in a year? And dog won’t eat latest bag
We have been using this food for 3+ years now for our lab mix. No problems until lately. Price has gone from $60+tax per bag to $73+tax per bag in less than a year. Practically every shipment has increased in price since January. I’m not sure if this is a Chewy issue or an Instinct issue, but I feel like we should get alerts on auto shipments when prices increase PRIOR to the item being shipped. So the rampant price increase is annoying, but would be tolerable if the quality was there. I feel like something was wrong with the last bag we received. The color was different than the previous bag and our dog (who never turns down any food) was reluctant to eat it. Normally his bowl is empty 2 minutes after we feed him. With this batch, he would frequently leave the food for hours. We didn’t provide alternatives, so eventually he ate it. However, a few weeks later, he began having digestive issues- diarrhea, occasional vomiting, lethargy. No obvious causes (not around other dogs, no toxins in yard, didn’t get into anything). We decided to stop feeding the kibble and went to a homemade food. He is much better now. Not sure what our long term feeding plan will be now :(
My Pitbull mix has terrible food allergies. I have tried everything except a full raw diet which I can not afford and NOTHING worked. He would have really loose stool and had really yeasty paws. I tried Instinct GF chicken and his paws are the best they have ever looked! His stools are more firm too. I am very impressed with Instinct and this is definitely a high quality food. If your dog has bad allergies and is not allergic to chicken then give this a try!
My 12 year old American Staffordshire Terrier (Pit) just had a stock so i was concerned with his diet. He was not eating his Wild Buffalo so i started reading the ingredients of all the dog foods. I settled on Instinct. When it arrived he did not hesitate to dive in! My 2 cats even prefer this dry food to theirs.
It smells really bad
My dog has gotten really picky after having the fresh food from the farm dog company. That was just too expensive to continue so I'm trying high-quality alternatives. She does not like this food for whatever reason. I have to mix it with rice, potatoes, freshly cooked meats or she won't touch it.
Harley LOVES it.
Our old boy has been on Hills Science Diet for several years, but as he has aged, we have had to find toppings to entice him to eat. This time instead of shopping for toppings, I checked out tastier bagged dog food. I tried it on day one without any wet topping. He gobbled it up. Today he was standing at his bowl 30 minutes early and cleaned his bowl again. I think we have a winner! Btw this is pricier than Hill, but we will be saving on toppings.
My boxer's would not even touch this food. In fact they would not even go near their food bowls if this product was in it. Had to "feed the wildlife" with the two bags I had ordered. Maybe someone else's dog would eat it....ps...My dogs are NOT picky eaters.
instinct freeze dried dog kibble
My dog absolutely loves this, I’ve been trying to find something for her that she loved because she is very picky
Healthy dog food
My bag of dogfood arrived the day after I ordered it. Rosie loves it and it came highly recommended.
Not for my dog
Disappointed I spent $70 on this. Other reviews seemed good and I just wanted to change up his food for him. He isn't interested in it at all. Back to Purina Pro Plan!
Not a good way to receive a order
Been ordering years now! Thought I would try a new food for my furbabbies! Ordered this and there original. I opened the box by pulling the tape off (I didn't use a cutter or anything to cause this) there original was fine (as always) but this was split on the side (as shown in picture) food was everywhere! Just beware open the box carefully if you buy this food!