Instinct Original Grain-Free Recipe with Real Chicken Freeze-Dried Raw Coated Dry Cat Food
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Cage-free chicken is the first ingredient for high animal protein to support strong, lean muscles.
- Features 81% real animal ingredients and nutritious oils, plus 19% fruits, vegetables and other wholesome ingredients.
- Never contains any grain, potato, corn, wheat, soy, by-product meal, artificial colors or preservatives.
- Guaranteed levels of live, natural probiotics, natural omegas and antioxidants to support digestive health, healthy skin and coat, and immune health.
- Made in the USA using premium ingredients from around the world, with the pure nutrition of raw in every piece.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Instinct Raw Boost Grain-Free Recipe with Real Chicken & Freeze-Dried Raw Coated Pieces Dry Cat Food, 10-lb bag$44.99Chewy Price$42.74Autoship Price
- Instinct Ultimate Protein Grain-Free Cage-Free Duck Recipe Freeze-Dried Raw Coated Dry Cat Food, 4-lb bag$39.99Chewy Price$37.99Autoship Price
- Instinct Original Grain-Free Recipe with Real Salmon Freeze-Dried Raw Coated Dry Cat Food, 10-lb bag$47.99Chewy Price$45.59Autoship Price
- ACANA Indoor Entrée Adult Dry Cat Food, 4-lb bag$19.99Chewy Price$18.99Autoship Price
- ACANA Homestead Harvest High-Protein Adult Dry Cat Food, 4-lb bag$19.99Chewy Price$18.99Autoship Price
- ORIJEN Original Grain-Free Dry Cat Food, 4-lb bag$29.99Chewy Price$28.49Autoship Price
- Instinct Ultimate Protein Grain-Free Cage-Free Chicken Recipe Freeze-Dried Raw Coated Dry Cat Food, 10-lb bag$59.99Chewy Price$56.99Autoship Price
- ORIJEN Guardian 8 Free Run Chicken, Wild Caught Salmon & Rabbit Adult Grain-Free Dry Cat Food, 4-lb bag$28.99Chewy Price$27.54Autoship Price
- ORIJEN Six Fish Grain-Free Dry Cat Food, 4-lb bag$30.99Chewy Price$29.44Autoship Price
- ORIJEN Fit & Trim Grain-Free Dry Cat Food, 4-lb bag$30.99Chewy Price$29.44Autoship Price
- ACANA Bountiful Catch High-Protein Adult Dry Cat Food, 4-lb bag$19.99Chewy Price$18.99Autoship Price
- ORIJEN Regional Red Grain-Free Dry Cat Food, 4-lb bag$34.99Chewy Price$33.24Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Chicken, Chicken Meal, Turkey Meal...||Chicken, Turkey Meal, Menhaden Fish Meal...||Chicken, Chicken Meal, Turkey Meal...||Chicken, Tapioca, Chicken Fat (preserved with Mixed Tocopherols and Citric Acid)...||Chicken, Chicken Meal, Salmon Meal...|
|Special Diet||Grain-Free, Gluten Free, No Corn No Wheat No Soy...||No Corn No Wheat No Soy, Grain-Free, Gluten Free...||Grain-Free, No Corn No Wheat No Soy, Raw...||High-Protein, Grain-Free, Gluten Free...||High-Protein, Indoor, Grain-Free...|
|Health Feature||Digestive Health, Skin & Coat Health, Vitamins & Minerals||Digestive Health, Skin & Coat Health, Vitamins & Minerals...||Digestive Health, Skin & Coat Health, Vitamins & Minerals||Digestive Health, Skin & Coat Health, Vitamins & Minerals...||Digestive Health, Skin & Coat Health, Vitamins & Minerals|
|Food Flavor||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry|
|Food Form||Dry Food||Dry Food||Dry Food, Freeze-Dried||Dry Food||Dry Food, Freeze-Dried|
Questions & Answers
37 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
352 Customer Reviews
I have been trying several dry foods with my cats lately, trying to find one that my picky cat will eat. Based on how quickly my cats started eating it, I would say this one must be pretty tasty. However it does have a high protein/calorie content so I can't leave this one out for them to "graze" - but it works well for my picky cat since I know he will get the nutrition he needs when he eats it, even in small doses. The kibbles are also a nice size, not big. Overall seems like a good choice, will likely buy again.
Great Cat Food
I switched to this from Science Diet when I found a database that told me Science Diet isn’t actually as good for cats as it should be. My friend recommended this brand and it was rated higher on the cat food database so I gave it a go and I’ve been buying it since! I even gave a bag to my friend to give to her picky eater and she said her cats love it! My cats can’t get enough so five out of five paws :3
We've got a winner!
My indoor cat, Tango, had been eating Blue Buffalo, and he really liked it. But after doing some research, I decided to switch to a better food. Tango is a very picky boy when it comes to his food, and he refused to eat many of the different brands I tried. After some trial and error, we discovered that Tango loves the Instinct Original, and I love its ingredients. Finally, we found our winner!
They like it!
Got to keep this on the down low, but our four cats may like this food. We can't get too excited though, they have fooled us before. They are all ex ferals and one would think that they would be grateful but they are the fussiest cats we have ever owned.
Sphynx cat approved
My sphynx cat has been using this brand since he was 12 weeks old. He has a very sensitive tummy and this food is quality and keeps him happy without upsetting his tummy. I love that there is a kitten version and then the adult version to switch to when the time arises.
Cats aren't crazy about it
One cat rejects it every time, wants nothing to do with it. The other will eat a few pieces and then walk away. That said, my cats are very picky. I bought five different foods this month and they only like two of them..
Healthier than regular kibbles
We rotate four different brands of dry food for our cats, after reviewing and sampling over a dozen different brands, recipes, flavors etc. This food has quality ingredients and it is coated with raw meat and freeze dried rather than baked. Much healthier than regular kibbles. Our cats are healthy and we are happy about it.
BENNY says "EXCELLENT"
My beautiful grey cat, Benny Beignet, is thrilled w/this food. I already bought the dog food choice for Bitsy, so I don't know why it took me so long to try it for my cat. I mixed it w/Fancy Feast Salmon dry food for him this week and he is scarfing it down w/o hesitation. So, I'm ordering it 4him again. Needless 2say, Bitsy has been enjoying her Instinct Original DF for small breeds for quite some time now. Benny has jumped on the bandwagon...purr, purr, purr.
Picky eater approved!!
My cat is ~very~ picky with cat food. She loves human food, but is very selective with cat food and treats. She absolutely loves this food. She never used to beg for her food, but now she screams at me if I'm late making her bowl. Additionally, I used to have to sit with her and pet her while she ate to get her to eat enough, but she would never finish the entire serving; now, she finishes every piece and licks the bowl clean. I am so glad we tried this food!
My cats wont touch it
Chewy has been out of the usual cat food I've been getting (Instinct Ultimate Protein Grain-Free Cage-Free Chicken Recipe), which the cats love. I decided to try this Instinct brand variety with high hopes, but the cats wont touch it. Each time they hear the kibble hit their bowls they come running and immediately look at me like, "I think you made a mistake. Where's the good stuff?" I'll have to try something else until the usual food is restocked.