IRIS Open Top Litter Box with Shield & Scoop
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Creates a semi-private space for your furry feline to do his business.
- Compact size, recessed bottom and molded-in feet allow this box to fit neatly in all types of spaces.
- Open top design offers easy accessibility for your kitty, and for cleaning when dirty.
- Side and back shields are high enough to protect your floors from unwanted litter spray.
- High-polished finish is attractive and includes matching litter scoop for a matching set.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Frisco Modern Hooded Cat Litter Box, Blue, 21-in$28.74Chewy Price
- Frisco Hooded Cat Litter Box, Navy, Large 20-in$21.78Chewy Price
- DealFrisco Leaf High-Sided Cat Litter Box, Large, 21-in$42.68Chewy Price
- Frisco Hooded Cat Litter Box, Navy, Extra Large, 26-in$32.66Chewy Price$34.64List Price
- DealFrisco High Sided Cat Litter Box, Gray, Extra Large 24-in$18.47Chewy Price
- DealFrisco High Sided Cat Litter Box, Navy, Medium 18-in$10.75Chewy Price
- IRIS Open Top Litter Box with Shield$16.97Chewy Price$17.99List Price
- Nature's Miracle Just For Cats Advanced Hooded Corner Cat Litter Box$37.95Chewy Price$44.49List Price
- Frisco Mega Deluxe Litter Box, 19-in, Navy Blue$34.99Chewy Price$33.24Autoship Price
- IRIS Top Entry Cat Litter Box & Scoop, White/Green$25.99Chewy Price
- Frisco Sifting Cat Litter Box, Large, 22-in$18.67Chewy Price
- Catit Hooded Cat Pan, Grey, Jumbo$53.99Chewy Price
Compare Similar Items
|Price Per Unit|
|Litter Box Type||Pan, Top Entry||Pan, Top Entry||Pan||Pan, Corner||Pan|
Questions & Answers
30 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
1446 Customer Reviews
Great for us
Works great for us. We have a small adult female. The lid just sits on top. It does not snap into place. The bottom is beveled, but I usually dump it, then spray it out with a high pressure garden hose, and Dawn detergent. I have no issues cleaning it. It may not work for multiple cats, or larger cats, but it works for us.
Terrible Litter Pan Design
This litter box did help keep the litter in the box but I have no idea why anyone would design a litter box pan with a bottom that is not flat. It is impossible to completely scoop out dirty litter because the bottom is not flat. There is a lower area all around the edge of the pan that is about 2 inches wide that the litter scoop does not fit flat into. Terrible design of the litter pan!
Not for corner peeing cats
It's a litter box, so at its core... it functions properly. However, my boys were able to get the lid off the top really easily. They're also large boys, they fit in fine, but they like to pee in those front corners which makes for a terribly hard time scooping it out. Probably good for smaller cats and non corner peeing kitties. Does well with kick out, when the lid was on.
Leaky sides: Not the best for male cats.
My male cat always uses his litter box. He needs high sided litter boxes because he has a high aim when peeing. The problem with this litter box is that it is in two pieces. The top half serves as a shield, but it does not seal well, so some urine escapes outside of the litter box, and drips down the side. I also didn't like the groove in the bottom of the pan. It was difficult to clean. If you need high sides, I would recommend a litter box that comes in one piece, which I bout to replace this litter box.
This litter box is much smaller than i anticipated, so I will need to get more boxes. The top does not stay on them and the cat likes to knock them off so they do not help to keep the litter in the boxes. I will be getting other boxes due to having 4 cats and one of our cats is a large kitty and he barely fits in this box
A little smaller than I expected
We got new boxes with lids bc the cats were scattering their litter out of their original ones. The boxes are smaller than the old ones and not very deep. That's on me not the maker or seller. They each came with a scoop, one was broken but no biggie.
The high sides on this litter box prevents our cats from peeing over the top of it. It could use a more effective connection between the top and bottom as some urine can leak out if the hit that area directly.
Decent litter box
This is a decent litter box but not a perfect one. Pros is it a decent size, not too small and not too large. Cons is the top does not attach to the bottom so the cats are constantly knocking it and knocking litter out.
Great price, works well!
We have 11 cats (all rescued - 3 seniors from shelters, the rest born feral on our property)....needless to say, we needed litter boxes that were affordable, and good for all sizes & ages (and fluffiness!)....we ordered 4 to replace old boxes & these work just fine! The tops can be a bit rigid to put on, but it's not a big deal...I see ppl complaining about the size, but they work great for ALL my cats! They can all sit upright (with their heads sticking out) so its not like they're cramped into a hooded box. I definitely recommend!
Perfect size litterbox
I like that it has high sides and is removable and that doesn't come off easy and it makes it harder for the cat's to throw the litter out of it