Jiminy's Cricket Crave Dry Dog Food
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Vet-formulated, minimally processed, all-natural kibble that’s complete and balanced and oven-baked in the USA.
- Cricket protein supports healthy muscle development while complex carbs like sweet potato promote gut health and provide energy to help you hound stay active. Cricket protein is high in omegas, fiber, iron and provides a natural source of taurine and prebiotics.
- This dry food is a great option for dogs with food allergies and it also supports healthy digestion, a healthy appetite and promotes healthy skin and a lustrous coat.
- Sustainable and humane.
- Made without corn, wheat, soy or chicken (or poultry.)
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Jiminy's Good Grub Dry Dog Food, 10-lb bag$41.46Chewy Price$45.95List Price$39.39Autoship Price
- Dr. Gary's Best Breed Holistic Coldwater Recipe Dry Dog Food, 13-lb bag$33.49Chewy Price$31.82Autoship Price
- BIXBI Liberty Fisherman's Catch Grain-Free Dry Dog Food, 4-lb bag$15.99Chewy Price$16.79List Price$15.19Autoship Price
- Hound & Gatos Grain-Free Cage Free Turkey Recipe Dry Dog Food, 12-lb bag$57.44Chewy Price$58.31List Price$54.57Autoship Price
- Wellness CORE Wholesome Grains Ocean Recipe High Protein Dry Dog Food, 4-lb bag$19.98Chewy Price$20.99List Price$18.98Autoship Price
- Karma Balanced Nutrition Plant First Recipe with White Fish Adult Dry Dog Food, 12-lb bag$37.99Chewy Price$36.09Autoship Price
- BIXBI RAWBBLE Fresh Pork Recipe Limited Ingredient Grain-Free Dry Dog Food, 4-lb bag$19.79Chewy Price$19.99List Price$18.80Autoship Price
- BIXBI RAWBBLE Fresh Lamb Recipe Limited Ingredient Grain-Free Dry Dog Food, 4-lb bag$20.99Chewy Price$19.94Autoship Price
- Wellness CORE RawRev Grain-Free Wild Game Recipe with Freeze Dried Lamb Dry Dog Food, 10-lb bag$48.98Chewy Price$49.99List Price$46.53Autoship Price
- PetKind Tripe Dry Single Animal Protein Lamb & Lamb Tripe Formula Dry Dog Food, 6-lb bag$31.99Chewy Price$30.39Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Cricket, Oats, Quinoa...||Dried Black Soldier Fly Larvae, Oats, Potato Protein...||Beef Meal, Grain Sorghum, Chicken Fat (preserved with mixed Tocopherols)...||Grain Sorghum, Beef Meal, Chicken Fat (preserved with mixed Tocopherols)...||Chicken Meal, Whole Ground Sorghum, Dried Sweet Potato...|
|Special Diet||With Grain||No Corn No Wheat No Soy, With Grain||Gluten Free, High-Protein, Pea-Free...||No Corn No Wheat No Soy, Gluten Free, Pea-Free, With Grain||Flax-Free, No Corn No Wheat No Soy, Gluten Free...|
|Health Feature||Digestive Health, Vitamins & Minerals, Heart Care||Digestive Health, Vitamins & Minerals, Heart Care||Immune Support, Hip & Joint Support, Vitamins & Minerals||Immune Support, Digestive Health, Skin & Coat Health||N/A|
|Breed Size||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds||Large Breeds, Medium Breeds, Small Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Medium Breeds, Large Breeds|
|Food Flavor||Sweet Potato, Fruits & Vegetables||Sweet Potato, Fruits & Vegetables||Beef, Duck, Poultry, Meat, Seafood & Fish||Beef, Meat||Chicken, Sweet Potato, Poultry, Fruits & Vegetables|
Questions & Answers
3 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
16 Customer Reviews
My dog is obsessed and so am I
This is the ONLY food that doesn't upset my dog's stomach, that he actually enjoys. His fur is softer, he's no longer stinking up the house with farts, and he's all around happier and healthier. He's never been this excited to eat before!! We even use the kibble as treats/rewards because he loves it so much. Not to mention that it's sustainable and how incredible that is.
Great for pup with sensitive stomach
This product is great for one of my dogs with a sensitive stomach. I've searched for several months for a solution, and finally bought this product on a whim. To my surprise, my dog loves it. I mix it with fresh food, and she gobbles it all up. Her stools are normal now, and she is more playful than ever at daycare. Unfortunately, the kibble caused my other dog to break out in a rash, so I'll stick with the other foods that work for her.
Great idea, mediocre product.
Clever name that combines insect protein with plant-based ingredients, so it’s sustainable and humane. It’s digestible, prebiotic, nutrient-dense, and has helped our rescue dog’s skin condition clear up. Unlike their chewy treats, the problem is that it smells and tastes terrible. It’s the kale equivalent of dog food, and no one likes kale. We will keep buying their other products, but probably wont revisit cricket flour dog food unless they revise the recipe. Thanks for existing, you give me hope for the future!
Very good food
Jiminy's Cricket Crave is a very good food for the Boys as well as the environment. They tire of the taste, so I mix it half and half with The Honest Kitchen dry kibble in chicken or turkey along with a dollop of peanut butter and a few chopped veggies (carrot, lettuce, celery, broccoli) depending upon what's on hand. This has proven to be a good combination leading to healthy tummies and normal bowel movements - two components of happy dogs not always attainable now that the Boys are 14 years old.
Good for my dog good for the planet !
My dog likes it , I wish she could write the review!!
Not as big a hit as I thought it would be
I really thought our Shepherd would go crazy for this, knowing how she loves to chase and eat bugs (Cicadas/crickets, etc.) when she can find them outside, but she was just so so over this. Reluctantly would finally finish a serving mixed in with her other food, but it sits for most of the day until the cat comes around and she is enticed to eat it only so kitty won't steal it! I am sure it's good quality, and I love the idea of the food and company, but doubt I'll purchase again based on Maya's lukewarm reception.
I was skeptical about this dog food but I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised. It caused no stomach upset, my dog's poops are excellent and this food smells like good quality dog biscuits. I would definitely keep this brand in my dog's rotational diet.
I was looking for a good quality food and the fact this helps the environment is only a plus as I am concerned. It is pricey but I am sure the price will eventually come down. The pups poop is better than with the regular kibble. You should try it!
I'm a believer
My dog has had food allergies since about 6 months of age (she's now 3) and was on prescription food, which was really expensive. It takes us a lot of coaxing to get her to eat most days too. A family member suggested I look into insect protein for it's sustainability, hypoallergenic nature, and BETTER Nutritional value. I looked at Jiminy's and found this to be an amazing product with so many benefits for my dog and the environment. The first day she tried it, she inhaled it and was following me around looking for more. We no longer have issues with vomiting or scratching. Her poops are solid and her fur has even gotten softer and shinier. I asked my vet about it and she had not heard of it, but recommended we see if it meets AAFCO recommendations. Per their label, it surpasses these recommendations for nutritional value. This is saving me so much money and my dog loves it. For those with a food allergy fur baby and don't want to spend $100+ on food, this is an awesome alternative! I highly recommend it!
Picky Border Collie Likes It
My border collie pyrenees mix has been a picky water since I got him at 8 weeks old. I've tried everything from the 20 min rule, to adding broth, to wet food and none of it works. Olive oil or butter works on occasion but for the most part he can go 3 days without eating. He also has a sensitive stomach to raw food and I think often has gastric issues because he’s always eating grass and whenever I put out some yogurt for him; he laps it up in seconds. Then I found Halo Holistic Vegan food; and he enjoyed that. Because he’s only 18 months and still growing I sometimes would add Pure Bites Freeze dried chicken for added protein and which he liked. Unfortunately, the store I used to get the Halo’s from began discontinuing the line so I had to pivot. When I saw that this was soft baked kibble I figured to give it a try. He prefers softer kibble and he's always eating grass and dirt so I figured he's already had a few insects so why not try this. And so far it’s been a winner. He ate it. I put 2.5 cups of in his bowl and a second later all I could hear was chopping. He ate about 75-80% which is huge for him. This is my 2nd or 3rd day feeding him this diet. We’ll see how it goes.