JurassiPet JurassiCal Reptile & Amphibian Dry Calcium Supplement is a concentrated, phosphorus-free source of calcium for reptiles and amphibians. Adding calcium to your pet’s diet can combat metabolic bone disease in reptiles and amphibians, as well as shell deformities and soft shells in turtles and tortoises. JurassiCal is vitamin D3 free, as excessive amounts can be toxic and may lead to hypercalcemia. It contains no phosphorus, to keep your pet’s phosphorous levels balanced.
- Concentrated (400,000 ppm) dry source of calcium for reptiles and amphibians
- Herbivorous and carnivorous diets are frequently calcium deficient and phosphorus rich
- Ideally the dietary calcium to phosphorus (Ca:P) ratio should be no less than 1.2:1 and is ideally maintained from 2:1 up to 8:1 (depending on the species)
- Lack of calcium in the diet can lead to metabolic bone disease and shell deformities and soft shells in turtles and tortoises
- No phosphorus or vitamin-D3, to keep levels balanced and excessive amounts can be toxic and may lead to hypercalcemia
Reptile and amphibian use only. Keep out of reach of children.
See all items by JurassiPet