JW Pet Clean Seed Silo Bird Feeder
About This Item
- Gravity feeder designed for parakeets, canaries, finches and similarly sized birds
- Choose regular or tall, which holds double the amount of seed
- Dramatically reduces seed spillage outside the cage and stops build up of empty seed husks on top of uneaten seeds
- Fits securely on all cages, including vertical and horizontal wire cages
- Stops seed contamination from bird droppings
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Droll Yankees Seed Saver Domed Bird Feeder, 10-in$33.99Chewy Price
- Droll Yankees Sunflower Domed Cage Wild Bird Feeder, 23-in$83.99Chewy Price
- Droll Yankees 6-Seed Bird Seed Tray, 8-in$9.29Chewy Price
- North States Village Collection Small Bird Feeder, School House$27.99Chewy Price
- Droll Yankees 20-Port Finch Bird Feeder, 36-inch$42.39Chewy Price
- Droll Yankees Safety Wrap Hook$8.61Chewy Price$9.89List Price
- Droll Yankees Perfect Little Brushes, 3 count$3.99Chewy Price
- Lixit Poultry Feeder & Waterer, 128-oz$16.76Chewy Price$19.99List Price
- North States Village Collection Windmill Bird Feeder$19.99Chewy Price$32.99List Price
- JW Pet InSight Clean Cup Bird Feed & Water Cup, Large$11.29Chewy Price$14.99List Price
- DealC&S EZ Fill Deluxe Suet Wild Bird Feeder, Green$9.40Chewy Price$10.29List Price
- Droll Yankees Yankee Tipper Collapsing Bird Feeder, 21-in$107.24Chewy Price$121.99List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Bird Type||Pet Bird||Pet Bird||Oriole, Wild Bird||Wild Bird, Hummingbird||Chicken|
|Material||Plastic||Plastic||Plastic||Plastic||Vinyl / PVC, Plastic|
|Capacity (Max)||163 cubic inches||50-mL||27-oz||2 ounces||1 treat square or suet cake|
Questions & Answers
9 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
46 Customer Reviews
Garbage, pure and simple
It came broken. I put it to "no biggie, it happens, I'll order another". Another came broken. Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me. Save your money; either the fault is in the packaging, or it came to Chewy damaged. Now that I've read the reviews (again, my fault for not reading them first) I see it might be a design flaw that dooms this design.
Poor quality and design
I purchased this for my parakeets but it would not fit within the bars, so I put it on my cockatiel cage. It is not as easy to assemble as it should be and I broke off a piece. I was able to figure out a way to work around that but the design is flawed. The food does not flow easier, even though I have tried different positions with the "open/close" component.
Poor Quality & Design
I feed my parakeets pellets. The pellets get stuck, poor flow, cheap plastic that easily breaks when I try to take it out to clean it.
My budgie took to this instantly! We were concerned he would not understand that was where his food was. First time, we placed it in his cage we left some food in his old trough. But he ignore the trough and went straight away to the silo. No more changing out every few days to rid it of the hulls. Thank you for it!
We have a thin wire cage for parakeets. We needed something to deter the females from nesting in the feeder bowls. This was a good option. The only drawback is hanging from outside, the wires from the cage block the opening for decent seed flow. We attached to the door opening so works better.
this didnot work well either, I let my conures out so I can clean cage or just to play with them,they go for silo feeder and tear it apart very quickly,so I donot use it.
Terrible product breaks when you try to separate the moving parts
This product has been replaced once (and I'm not going to bother with the second broken product because it is more trouble than it is worth) because upon installing feeder, the tabs that secure the feeder to the cage breaks, this happens with the yellow feeders not the blue ones for some reason. It is more aggravating than it is worth.
I bought a few of the bird feeders and I love them!! When you use them make sure that the opening the seeds come out is not fully opened because they will waste your seed keep it half opened! I have 15 parakeets and I use them for all my birds I’m buying more today!! Their great just adjust the plastic opening where the seeds flow in!!
I bought this feeder to use as a safe way to keep our parakeet fed if we weren't home for a couple of days, but I would not trust it to work; the food doesn't come out easily and I have to wiggle the clear tube holding the food to get it to spill into the tray.
These were hard to take apart. My first one cracked n it was replaced thanks you very much for that. Even by putting Vaseline it was still hard to take apart. Birds are getting used to it but not fully eating from it as of yet.