JW Pet InSight Sand Bird Perch, Color Varies
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Rough texture helps keep bird's nails healthy with normal wear
- Varying grip sizes for exercising the muscles in your bird's feet
- Connects to any horizontal or vertical wire cage with an easy-grip nut
- Keeps mess inside the cage, durable and made for comfort
- Small: For parakeets, canaries, finches, and similar sized birds. Regular: For parakeets, cockatiels, and similar sized birds.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- DealBird Life Bird Perch Mirror & Cup$8.99Chewy Price
- DealPolly's Pet Products Deluxe Window & Shower Bird Perch, Small$24.55Chewy Price
- DealPolly's Pet Products Sandy Window & Shower Bird Perch, Small$21.70Chewy Price$24.00List Price
- DealPolly's Pet Products Cozy Corner Bird Perch, Color Varies, Small$21.29Chewy Price
- DealPolly's Pet Products Beach Sands Bird Perch, Color Varies, Small$11.63Chewy Price
- DealSuper Bird Creations Sure-Grip Grooming Y Bird Perch, Small$9.77Chewy Price$21.99List Price
- DealPolly's Pet Products Dancing Bird Perch$6.28Chewy Price$11.34List Price
- DealPolly's Pet Products Busy Beak Balloon Bird Perch$10.92Chewy Price$11.62List Price
- DealPolly's Pet Products Coconut Hut Bird Perch, Large$10.67Chewy Price$11.86List Price
- DealPolly's Pet Products Piggy Bank Bird Perch$11.85Chewy Price
- DealPolly's Pet Products Pastel Bird Perch, Blue, XX-Large$21.03Chewy Price
- DealSuper Bird Creations Rope Bungee Bird Perch, Color Varies, Small$13.96Chewy Price$18.99List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Bird Type||Parakeet||Parakeet, Canary, Finch||Parrot, Parakeet||Parakeet, Parrot, Cockatiel||Parrot, Cockatiel, Parakeet|
|Material||—||Cotton, Natural Fabric||—||—||Wood|
|Top Ingredients||—||—||STRAWBERRY - Calcium Sulfate, Cuttlebone, Natural and Artificial Flavoring and Food Coloring FD&C Red #40....||—||—|
Questions & Answers
5 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
57 Customer Reviews
Best for small birds
These sand perches are amazing for small birds and small cages. My English Starling has no problem perching on these and they help keep her beak in great shape! Also very easy to install.
These sand perches are a great way to keep the nails trimmed, especially for small birds like canaries and finches and parakeets.
They like it
My cockatiel is very finicky and she likes this. Some things scare her, but this she uses.
Don't waste your money
Bought 3 of these for my new parakeets, two have broken in less than 2 weeks. Screw part on the perch end needs to be longer. Breaks off. Needs better design. Bird fell to the bottom of the cage. Luckily not hurt.
great for nail filing and for climbing/perching
I actually use these in my critter nation cage for my pet rats and they're great for perches, but also for helping with keeping their nails filed down. Also really easy to screw on, with the plastic knob (rather than a fiddly and rust-able metal one).
sander for parakeet
This item is what I put up for my bird as well and saw him having problems and then I went to the smaller one that was the swing and found the blisters so I put them both in the trash. Not a good item to recommend for birds feet because they are rough
Not diameter and hard to mount
Hard to mount on anything but the THINNEST of wire cages. Our cage bars are far from thick, but it doesn't screw on properly and keeps popping loose. In addition, the perch diameter really need to be a little thicker for parakeets so they can grip correctly and hit on the perch to be filed. Usually I love this company's products, but don't bother with this.
Good perch, We rotate perches to ensure his feet have different sizes to prevent feet issues! This one helps his nails and is kept low in the cage so he doesn't sit on it too much and hurt his feet! 2 wings up!
I have 6 bird cages for a parrotlet, lovebirds, and parakeets. I have at least one of these small perches in each cage to give the birds a variety of perches.
Nice, but I wish I could choose the color.
I was expecting it to be a bit skinnier, like the one in the picture. I ended up with a light green perch, but at least the quality's okay. I am kind of worried about my cockatiel eating the grit, as it falls off easily. Other than these things I think it will be useful for my bird's nails and it seems fairly sturdy.