Kaytee Comfort Small Animal Exercise Wheel
Get notified when this item is back in stock.
Compare Similar Items
|Small Pet Type||Rat, Chinchilla, Hedgehog||Gerbil, Hamster, Chinchilla, Mouse, Rat||Chinchilla, Ferret, Guinea Pig||Guinea Pig, Rabbit, Rat, Gerbil, Hamster, Chinchilla, Mouse||Mouse, Hamster|
|Material||Plastic||Plastic||Wood, Sisal, Natural Fabric||Cardboard / Paper||Plastic|
|Toy Type||Exercise Wheels & Balls||Exercise Wheels & Balls||Exercise Wheels & Balls||Chew Toys||Exercise Wheels & Balls|
About This Item
- Provides a fun fitness experience for small animals without making loud creaking noises.
- Features a safe running surface with ridges and a “tail-safe” design.
- The included heavy duty wire stand lets you use it as a free-standing wheel, or you can attach it to a wire cage with the two-way clip.
- Encourages safe and healthy exercise.
- Whisper-quiet operation.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Kaytee Silent Spinner Small Animal Exercise Wheel, Giant$33.49Chewy Price$44.99List Price
- Kaytee Perfect Chews Guinea Pig Toy, 6.5-in$2.39Chewy Price$4.49List Price
- Exotic Nutrition Silent Runner Small Animal Exercise Wheel, Orange, Regular$27.74Chewy Price$32.95List Price
- Oxbow Enriched Life Apple Timothy Lollipop Small Pet Chew Toy$4.99Chewy Price
- Oxbow Flip & Roll Small Animal Chew Toy, Small$3.39Chewy Price
- Oxbow Enriched Life Timothy Carrot Lollipop Small Pet Chew Toy, 3 count$17.43Chewy Price$17.97List Price
- Kaytee Combo Small Animal Chews, 16 count$3.62Chewy Price$5.49List Price
- Oxbow Enriched Life Twisty Rings Small Animal Toy$3.49Chewy Price$3.99List Price
- Oxbow Play Table Small Animal Toy$19.99Chewy Price$24.99List Price
- Kaytee Lava Ledge Small Animal Toy, Color Varies, 3 count$20.31Chewy Price$20.94List Price
- Oxbow Enriched Life Color Play Dangly Small Animal Toy$2.79Chewy Price$3.49List Price
- Oxbow Enriched Life Timothy Star Dish Small Animal Toy$4.99Chewy Price
Questions & Answers
21 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
201 Customer Reviews
Great wheel for hamsters!
So I bought this wheel for my hamster and she loves it. It does not bend her back, and it looks good in any setup. The only thingsI want to say, are 1.it is not silent. This is not a problem for me, because I like knowing that she is awake from hearing the wheel, but if you are a light sleeper, I don’t recommend this. 2. I do not think this is ok for gerbils. It is waayyyy to soft and could easily be chewed and could potentially hurt them. This is much better for hamsters, not gerbils.
great for gerbils and small syrian hamsters
this wheel is the perfect size for our baby gerbils, and they absolutely love it. when it comes to hamsters, it would only be big enough for a smaller male syrian, or any dwarf hamster, and would be much too small for a female syrian. you will know if the wheel is too small for your pet if the rodent cannot run on the wheel while keeping its entire back flat/straight. the only issue with this wheel is that its not exactly silent. when i first got this for my hamster, it was extremely loud and squeaky while he was running on it. we also had the same problem when we bought this for our gerbils. the sound isnt "permanent" though, after the wheel has been used once or twice, then there will be a low rumbling sound that is barely noticeable unless your really listening for it.
Nice wheel for rats
My Rats seem to love it. I haven’t attached it to the actual cage so it does move a little when they run on it but seems pretty sturdy and it’s not loud. I’m happy with it.
It does what it is supp to do but man is it noisey! Unless u keep your critters in room other than bedroom, i recommend the silent wheels. We attached this 1 directly 2 the cage, i think that made it even noisier!
So far my chinchilla likes this wheel a lot. It's the perfect size for her, too. She has broken 2 others. I hope this one last longer!
Actually, ZERO stars, not very good at all
Mounted to cage and it was horrible. Squeak, Rattle, Rattle.... Put back on wire mount, same thing. So now it's time to modify...Turned back washer around (it has 3 balls that rub on back of wheel). Now just rattle, rattle. Put a homemade plastic washer on axle, then a little bit of vegetable oil on axle, put wheel back on. Then I made sure plenty there's of room between the axle mount on back side, and side of cage. Now it is acceptable, KIND OF, but I should have purchased ANY other brand wheel. Not happy at all with this item....
Don’t buy ! It’s too noisy !
I had returned it because they sent a wrong color , it’s not match others toys in the cage. Most important is this wheel was very loud, it made too much noisy !
Not good for chewers
Bought this for our chinchilla and he loved it but he chewed it so now the wheel comes off when he’s running so we had to throw it away. We only had it for a couple weeks.
Just what I was looking for!
I needed a new wheel for my hamster, and this one was the perfect size
Very poor quality. Junk.
Bought this 8” wheel for our new hamster as it was a little larger than our 6.5 inch wheel which was too small and flexed her back too much. What a disappointment. It squeaks and rubs while the hamster runs on it. As hamsters are nocturnal, this causes obvious problems with the human sleeping in the same room. Love the bedding from Kaytee but this is a piece of junk. The 6” no name brand wheel was far superior.