Kaytee Food From the Wild Hamster Food, 2-lb bag
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Get notified when this item is back in stock.
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Sun-cured Timothy Grass Hay, Sunflower Seed, Rolled Oat Groats...||Ground Wheat, Toasted Wheat, Flaked Peas...||Cereals, Vegetables, Derivatives Of Vegetable Origin...||Milo, Corn, Wheat...||Milo, Wheat, Wheat Middlings...|
|Food Form||Seeds, Nuts, Dried Veggies, Flowers & Herbs, Mix||Nuts, Dried Veggies, Seeds, Mix||Pellets||Seeds, N/A||Grains, Dried Veggies, Dried Fruits, Seeds, Mix|
|Health Feature||Digestive Health||Vitamins & Minerals||N/A||Vitamins & Minerals, High-Energy||Digestive Health, Skin & Coat Health|
|Small Pet Type||Hamster||Hamster||Hamster||Hamster||Hamster|
About This Item
- Wild hamster food that gives your furry friend a meal that matches her natural diet.
- Features a blend of hand-selected sunflower seeds, peanuts, pumpkin seeds, carrots and roses.
- Provides comprehensive nutrition and natural probiotics to support digestive health.
- Contains no added sugar, fillers or artificial preservatives because your paw-tner deserves nothing but the best.
- Encourages healthy foraging activity in your companion.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Sunseed Vita Prima Gerbil & Hamster Food, 2-lb bag$5.99Chewy Price$8.99List Price$5.69Autoship Price
- Science Selective Naturals Grain-Free Guinea Pig Food, 3.3-lb bag$15.99Chewy Price$15.19Autoship Price
- Wild Harvest Nutrient Rich Diet Hedgehog Food, 22-oz bag$5.19Chewy Price$5.39List Price$4.93Autoship Price
- Kaytee Food From the Wild Guinea Pig Food, 4-lb bag$14.99Chewy Price$17.99List Price$14.24Autoship Price
- Vitakraft Vita Smart Complete Nutrition Premium Fortified Blend with Timothy Hay Rabbit Food, 8-lb bag$19.99Chewy Price$20.99List Price$18.99Autoship Price
- Kaytee Fiesta Natural Hamster & Gerbil Food, 4.5-lb bag$17.99Chewy Price$17.09Autoship Price
- Modesto Milling Organic Non-GMO Rabbit Food, 50-lb bag$62.19Chewy Price$98.25List Price$59.08Autoship Price
- Wild Harvest Advanced Nutrition Gerbil & Hamster Food, 4.5-lb jug$9.97Chewy Price$10.89List Price$9.47Autoship Price
- Sunseed Vita Prima Guinea Pig Food, 4-lb bag$10.32Chewy Price$12.99List Price$9.80Autoship Price
- Small Pet Select Timothy Cubes Small Animal Food, 5-lb bag$14.99Chewy Price$14.24Autoship Price
- Exotic Nutrition Sugar Glider Food Starter Kit$39.95Chewy Price$46.95List Price
- Sweet Meadow Farm Alfalfa Hay Small Pet Food, 9-lb box$24.99Chewy Price$23.74Autoship Price
Questions & Answers
1 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
12 Customer Reviews
Not as described
It says it has pumpkin seed, sunflower seeds, peanuts, rose petals, and carrots. When I opened the bag it is 95% pellets! the seeds, peanuts, petals, and carrots are just sprinkled in there. My hamsters don’t like pellets, so this was a waste of money. Will not buy again!
Yummy's for my hamster
My hamster Saturn loves his nomnom. This food is filled with yummys.
my hamster loves it
my hamster loves this food! the 1st day i had this i gave it to my hamster and he ate a lot of it!
Lots of pellets
This food had a lot of pellets, and only a few seeds, flowers, and nuts. My hamster are only a handful of the items in this mix, and none of the pellets.
My Winter Whites Love!
My dwarf winter whites love this! I would highly recommend, I've tried other brands and they seem to enjoy this. It has all their favorites in it.
Not a lot of variety
Doesn't have a lot of variety and my hamster doesn't like the pellets that make up ~90% of this mix.
Great for forging !
This is great for forging for your hammy. i don’t use this for my hammys main food. I like scattering some of this around his enclosure and he seems to love it.
check out the oxbow hamster pellets
our syrian hamster liked the Oxbow Essentials Healthy Handfuls Gerbil & Hamster Food better. make sure you supplement the pellets with fresh foods. Hamsters enjoy oatmeal, vegetables, seeds, and even boiled egg and chicken. There are some foods that will make them sick: iceberg lettuce, avocado, citrus, salt, sugar. We ended up giving our hamster a diet w/o pellets b/c someone in the household has a gluten allergy. see review on Oxbow with headline "Got Celiac" for details.
no variety whatsoever
The pack again feels very nice to touch, the bag is heavy, which was great. I was getting what I paid for. The food has no fillers (which is basically junk to fill the bag and make the food cheaper, but is empty nutrients),dyes, preservatives, or artificial flavors. To start, crude analysis is 15% protein, 7% fat, and 18% fiber. Hamsters NEED up to 18% protein (or up to 24% for babies), less than 10% fat (roughly 5%to 7%) which thumbs up for Kaytee, awesome job, and 15% fiber because hamsters do not need that much fiber in their diets. Protein is their main nutrient. Looking at the front of the bag, you can see pictures of sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, peanuts, rose petals, and carrots. That’s what our hamsters natural diet is like, so that’s what we hamster parents search for. However, peanuts should be fed in moderation because they are high in fat, and hamsters don’t need a lot of fat. If you compare the front of the bag with the first ten ingredients on the side, because the food will contain most of the first, top ten ingredients, the list is as follows: sun cured Timothy grass hay, sunflower seed, rolled oat groats, dehulled soybean meal, sun-cured alfalfa meal, wheat middling, ground wheat, millet, milo, and ground corn. Out of all ten ingredients, you only see the sunflower seed. Nothing else from the front of the bag is in those first ten ingredients. The first ingredient is hay, and hamsters don’t need hay. Hay allows food to pass through too quickly through a hamster’s digestive system, which means they don’t have the chance to absorb nutrients as well as they could be. Also, as a side note, kaytee did add a lot of vitamins and minerals to this food. There is no added sugar, which is great because animals don’t need sugar and we as pet parents should know better than to feed sugar to our pets. Next is the variety test. FYI I’ve included a comparison photo of kaytee’s product versus a homemade hamster diet. I am comparing variety as in how many ingredients we can see, as well as color and texture. We want to excite our pets. Kaytee does have a lot of seeds, but it lacks color, especially since it’s supposed to have carrots. Another thing is that it’s mostly pelleted food, most likely the fiber pellets. Way too many pellets, as well as strands of hay that hamsters cannot digest anyway. Very boring, as compared to the homemade diet, which colorful, bright, a variety of nutrients. You can see seeds, mealworms, dried herbs, dried vegetables, etc. All in all, if you’re a pet parent who does a lot of research and is dissatisfied with hamster foods on the market, I suggest you find someone who makes homemade hamster diets or spend the extra time learning how to make your own homemade diet.
Hamster didn't like it
while it did have a lot of nuts and seeds, the only thing out of there my hamster ate was the peanuts, sunflower seeds, and pumpkin seeds, she doesn't like anything else