Kaytee Laying Hen Diet Chicken Feed, 25-lb bag
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Get notified when this item is back in stock.
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Ground Corn, Ground Wheat, Dehulled Soybean Meal...||Corn, Soybean Meal, Oats...||Corn, Wheat, Ground Soybeans...||Corn, Wheat, Ground Soybeans...||Ground Corn, Wheat Middlings, Dehulled Soybean Meal...|
|Food Form||Pellets||Seed & Grain Blend||Crumble||Pellets||Crumble|
|Special Diet||High-Protein||Non-GMO, High-Protein||Vegetarian, High-Protein||Vegetarian, High-Protein||High-Protein|
|Health Feature||N/A||N/A||Eye Care, Immune Support, High-Energy||High-Energy, Immune Support, Eye Care||N/A|
About This Item
- Supports egg production with 16% protein and balanced amino acids.
- Contains probiotics to support healthy digestion.
- Flaxseeds help produce eggs that are rich in omega-3 fatty acids.
- Packed with calcium to promote strong shells.
- Features marigold extract for rich-colored egg yolks.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Kent Home Fresh Extra Egg Layer Pellet Poultry Feed, 50-lb bag, 50-lb bag$32.44Chewy Price$41.20List Price$30.82Autoship Price
- Bird Street Bistro Variety Pack Bird Food, 7 count$74.99Chewy Price
- Bird Street Bistro Southern Feast Bird Food, 20-oz, case of 4$65.99Chewy Price
- Bird Street Bistro CinnaSpice Delight Bird Food, 24-oz, case of 4$65.99Chewy Price
- Higgins Mayan Harvest Celestial Bird Food, 20-lb bag$119.99Chewy Price$137.99List Price$113.99Autoship Price
- Perky-Pet Instant Nectar Concentrate Clear Hummingbird Food, 8-oz bag, bundle of 2$6.28Chewy Price$6.98List Price
- Heath Outdoor Products Blueberry Dough Suet Cake Bird Food, 11.25-oz cake, pack of 12$17.07Chewy Price$22.62List Price$16.22Autoship Price
- Lafeber Garden Veggie Nutri-Berries Parrot Bird Food, 20-lb box$149.99Chewy Price
- Wild Delight Fruit N' Berry Wild Bird Food, 5-lb bag$17.49Chewy Price$16.62Autoship Price
- Brown's Extreme! Gourmet Cockatiel Food, 5 lb bag$17.99Chewy Price$21.29List Price$17.09Autoship Price
Questions & Answers
ReviewsWrite a Review
18 Customer Reviews
Best of the feeds
This is the best layer feed that I have found. The hens love it and the yolks are deep orange. I haven’t found that with any other feed that I have used. This feed is a bit pricey but you get what you pay for. It’s worth it to me.
My Girls LOVE IT!
We just got this feed a couple days ago and I was excited to immediately see what our 7 laying hens think of it. I took it out back by our barn shed and before I could even open the bag, our chickens had surrounded the bag and were checking it out. There's no fooling these hens... they KNOW a feed bag when they see one! So they were going crazy, waiting for me to open it up. As soon as I got the feed bag open and stuck my feed scoop in, my chickens were literally losing their minds! I tossed out a few scoops out into the grass and they ate it all up before I could even take a photo! It was a whirlwind of feathers & feed! Needless to say, since my girls appear to love the feed... we'll for sure be ordering more soon! We received CashBack on our purchase and are participating in a CashBack program.
My four fluffy butts like Kaytee pellets. It was recommended by my chickens' vet. Also, it's very practical to adjust the automatic delivery date I signed up for.
Good chicken food
My chickens seem to like this food! I like the pellet form because I feel like it gets wasted less than the crumble form. I usually buy pellets from a farm store, but I love the convenience of buying online vs driving out of the city to buy my chicken food. This worked great in my gravity feeder with no issues.
I have a whole coop full of layers that go through food like crazy! The hens give me some pretty delicious eggs, so I like to feed them as well as possible. As it's winter in Minnesota, they can't get out to eat bugs and greens, so I like giving them layer and vegetable scraps to fill in. Chickens will eat anything...though mine prefer the mash instead of pellets which these are. However, the benefit is that these have added calcium and plenty of protein so you really can't go wrong. Hopefully this will make for some happy chickens and protein rich eggs! I did receive cash back as part of a CashBack campaign for this product. All opinions are honest and my own.
The Best for my Chicken!!!!
I love my pet chicken with all my heart! She loves to be with her family- I simply love this food because it contains the best ingredients to supplement her diet for laying. She thinks she is a dog. She's an indoor chicken. This is perfect for her!! We also feed her fresh fruits chopped daily. We feed the regular feed and she is SO spoiled she gets "dinner time" with our Westies. Avocado- Banana- Apple- Strawberry- Pear to name a few of Hank's favorites! Love this quality food for my pet Chicken!!
Protein, Calcium, Flaxseed, oh my!
Kaytee brand Laying hen Pellets are packed with necessary supplements to help keep my hens healthy and happy. Flaxseed enriched their eggs with Omega-3 and the added probiotics help support their digestive systems, which is vital to their wellbeing. I am happy with the ingredients. My girls are happy too. I gave it 4 stars due to the price. It is about twice the amount of a 50 pound bag of a competitor's brand.
Less Waste than Crumble
My chickens have always received crumble vs pellets so this was something different but they had a lot less waste with it, which I appreciated since there was less waste. I haven't seen a drastic change in egg laying, mostly due to it being colder months where they slow down naturally but they DID like the food. I received cash back for this purchase as part of a cash rewards program.
Luxury laying hen chicken feed
This chicken feed for laying hens is super luxurious. It's got lots of great ingredients like probiotics and omega-3 fatty acids. My hens love it and have been giving me lots of nice eggs. I received CashBack on this purchase and participated in a CashBack program
This is a great food for chickens! The bag is huge, but the food is only filled about halfway to equal 25 pounds which I think is wasteful packaging. My birds really do like the food though! It was a smaller bag than the 50lb bags I usually purchase for my hens, but I know it is formulated specifically for egg layers. Recieved cashback as part of a cash back program