Kaytee Pet-N-Playpen Small Animal Pen
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Connectable panels make an adjustable play pen that’s 9 square feet to keep your pal safely enclosed.
- Open design makes interactive play easy, and is ideal for rabbits, ferrets, guinea pigs and other small animals.
- Perfect for indoor and outdoor use, and includes a plastic mat that keeps messes away from floors and fabrics.
- Easy to set up with no tools needed with the connecting panels that slide into place.
- Adaptable with other passageways and enclosures with built-in passageway connector and locking cap.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- DealWare Universal Small Animal Playpen$59.11Chewy Price$103.99List Price
- DealPrevue Pet Products Multi-Color Small Animal Playpen, 36-in$22.18Chewy Price$24.99List Price
- DealTRIXIE Soft Sided Portable Rabbit Playpen, Medium$64.99Chewy Price$72.99List Price
- DealTRIXIE Natura Rabbit Hutch With Sloped Roof, Glazed Pine, Medium$157.99Chewy Price$188.99List Price
- DealMidWest Wabbitat Rabbit Home, 25-in$49.99Chewy Price$65.99List Price
- DealMidWest Guinea Habitat Guinea Pig Home, Regular$59.99Chewy Price$65.99List Price
- DealTRIXIE Rabbit Hutch with Peaked Roof$131.19Chewy Price$172.99List Price
- DealOxbow Enriched Life Multi-Level Small Animal Habitat$204.67Chewy Price$299.99List Price
- DealMidWest Wabbitat Deluxe Rabbit Home Wood Hut Expansion$54.07Chewy Price$90.99List Price
- DealTRIXIE Natura 1- Story Rabbit Hutch, Large$145.99Chewy Price$177.99List Price
- DealKaytee Open Living Small Pet Habitat, 48 x 24-in$91.99Chewy Price$114.99List Price
- DealMidWest Small Pet Exercise Pen, White, Medium$65.04Chewy Price$81.99List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Small Pet Type||Rabbit, Guinea Pig, Ferret||Guinea Pig, Hedgehog, Rat||Guinea Pig||Guinea Pig, Rabbit||Rabbit, Guinea Pig, Chinchilla|
|Material||Plastic||Coated Metal, Metal||Plastic||Coated Metal, Metal||Galvanized Steel, Metal|
Questions & Answers
36 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
82 Customer Reviews
This is a great playpen for your ferret. The only problem I have is that my ferret is an escape artist. My other ferret cant escape and doesn't really try to at all. What he does is he keeps jumping as high as he can until he reaches the top bar and pulls himself up and plops out onto the ground. He is such a little weasel. Other than that its a great playpen.
Do not BUY if you have ferret that’s an escape artist!!!!.@
My ferret bent the bars on this cage and escaped :( the cage didn’t even last a day. Thankful chewy refunded my money. Wouldn’t purchase this again and the cage bars aren’t made sturdy.
Great for rabbits!
I bought this when I first got my rabbits. A mother and a baby. The baby was only 6 weeks old at the time so this attached to an open cage was the perfect amount of room. Now that they are a little older and need to be separated for a bit (because the baby is a boy) I use it as a fence to split the room in half and keep them apart for the time being. Although I had to stop using the mat because the rabbits like to chew it. Other than that it works great as a fence or a playpen.
Keeps ferrets contained
We got this for a vacation with 4 ferrets who are used to being free roam. We needed something that could travel with us but be large enough for them to play in. We got 2 of these and are planning on zip tie together. I set it up in my living room for 4 hours. No one escaped despite numerous attempts. The floor matt won't work as they dug it up. That's OK though. Keeping them contained in a rental was key for their safty as well as keeping vacation rental in the same condition we rented it in.
Great for ferrets
So I am getting ready to purchase a 2nd one of these! We have made a 6ft x 6ft cage using the panels, 2 boxes of laminate flooring, 4 1x6 boards, and a bunch of screws and washers to hold everything into place! The pen was about 4in larger than 12 ft total so we bent the panels to work with what we already made. So if you try this you will need to cut down 8ft boards to get the exact size. We have 3 ferrets and they have been inside the pen for well over a month with no escape. We had attached it to the original cage and then the wall with sticky hooks. We had to put solid panels on the cage because they were climbing it. They love it now because it is dark in there so that is where they sleep. The pen itself was difficult to connect together and keep it together. Found a much better use for it and now they have a huge area to live in. We can climb in there and hang out with them and they love it! When they run free they don’t hang out with is, but when we go in the enclosure with them they play and cuddle, its great!
small critter runner
Love this so much bought two! My ferrets are cage free and have their own room. It perfect for ferrets, they cannot climb it and escape. Or squeeze through. Use it to block the the hallway from their room so they have more space to run. Great for indoor & outdoor use. Well made and highly recommend.
The item was exactly as it was described and arrived really quickly. I strongly recommend it!
Good But Not Perfect Playpen
I like the playpen. My Holland lop has plenty of room to hop around. It’s made of metal and solidly built. I want to get another to add onto it for outdoor use. What I don’t like about the playpen is that some of the hooks attaching the panels together aren’t closed, so the panels don’t lock together or fold well. I had to take pliers and bend the hooks to secure the panels. One panel has hooks that are meant to hook to the end panel or another set of panels. Rabbits can work the two panels loose because of the gap in the hooks. I bent the hooks ever so slightly to try and keep my Holland lop from opening the panel but not close enough so that I can’t attach it to another set of panels.
Ferrets outside/ inside fantastic
I have bought 4 of these over the years2lg, 2 small sizes and love them for my ferrets. I liked the larger 11 panel ones better but I guess they stopped making them I can't find them anywhere in the last 6 months. Anyway I use these as quarantine cages, for cage rage kids( they don't seem to chew on the wires as much as they do regular cage bars.) Have used them outdoors for years, in our yard and enclosures outside while camping. (Though I never leave them unattended outdoors!)They are tall enough very few ferrets can jump or climb, coated wire so rust isn't an issue( had 2 oldest cages 9 yrs!) and there is an optional attachable floor available. I bought a couple heavy duty canvas playpens w zippers what a joke ferrets ripped out zippers in no time! I won't buy any but these for our kids!
9-foot Paradise Pen
The Humane Society of United States recommends guinea pigs get at least an hour of out-of-cage exercise and this 9-foot playpen does the job. This paint-coded metal play pen is free form, causing it to fit in most areas. The closing may require some patience as you lift and slide the ends to interlock. The mat has a sleek and a dull side, either side is perfect for sweeping up any mess. Make sure to lay the mat flat so your small mammal(s) does not bite it. I have not used the circular exit as my baby is too large. Overall I am extremely satisfied.