About This Item
Keller's Heart is the story of a young deaf girl named Raven and a fluffy dog. Raven does not have many friends and her classmates are hesitant to play with her. The fluffy dog was left by the roadside after his owner realized the puppy could not see or hear. A bond is formed when the two meet and Raven asks her parents if she can adopt the dog. Having just read a book about Helen Keller, who was also deaf and blind, Raven decides to call her new friend Keller. Together they show the world that it is OK to be different and Raven even teaches Keller sign language. Friends form unbreakable bonds and show each other that they don’t need sight or hearing to touch each other’s heart.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Frisco Front Walking French Artist Dog & Cat Costume, Large$16.99Chewy Price
- Mission Impawsible$4.94Chewy Price$7.99List Price
- DealFrisco Pig Dog & Cat Costume, X-Small$11.99Chewy Price$14.99List Price
- Sibley Backyard Birding Puzzle$14.26Chewy Price$19.99List Price
- AMNH Birds of North America Eastern$18.49Chewy Price$19.99List Price
- What's My Dog Thinking?$11.21Chewy Price$17.99List Price
- 101 Uses For A Bulldog$14.95Chewy Price
- 97 Ways to Make a Cat Like You$2.65Chewy Price
- 101 Uses For A Lab$10.99Chewy Price$14.95List Price
- Family Dog: A Simple & Time-Proven Method$15.99Chewy Price$28.00List Price
- Homeopathic Care for Cats & Dogs, Revised Edition: Small Doses for Small Animals$21.68Chewy Price$27.95List Price
Questions & Answers
ReviewsWrite a Review
6 Customer Reviews
Nice Children’s Book
This is a very nice book for a child. Easy to read i and to the point
Special needs children and animals really have a special relationship.
I grew up with lot's of baggage and disabilities myself, so I could relate totally. And even though my children are grown, I love books like this, and feel they are important for society. Wonderful story, and beautiful illustrations.
Messages for all ages.
Keller’s Heart was written for children, but reiterates what we as adults should be teaching our children. We are all alike, all important no matter how different we look, or what disabilities we may have. The author has done a great job of making you think. The Illustrator has also done a beautiful job. Indeed an artist. Paraclete Press was smart to take on Mr. Gray as an Author.
This is for all dog lovers!
This is a wonderful story for all of us who know and love people and dogs that are different (or who are different themselves!). It’s a story of friendship, acceptance and love. Keep your tissues handy, but it’s worth every tear. Beautifully written and illustrated, this is a keeper and a great gift. Highly recommended.
I read this book to my 5 year old. He will be starting school in the fall and this was a great book to help him understand that everyone is different. Definitely recommend
A must read!!!!! John Gray is an amazing man with amazing pups! This book is a 1 of a kind. I follow John on FB and this man has so much love for his fur babies and his wife!