1) Thoroughly clean your window, making sure the window is completely dry and free from residue. (Note that window cleaners can leave a residue)
2) Clean the suction cups with a mild detergent and rinse thoroughly. Rubbing alcohol can be used to clean the suction cups and the window where the suction cup will be applied. Allow to dry completely.
Helpful Hint: Warm suction cups are easier to mount than cold ones. Try soaking the suction cups in hot water (around 160°F) prior to installation to help the suction cups grip to the window and reduce deformation that may have happened during shipping.
3) Your Kitty Sill includes push n’ turn suction cups on the sides. Turn the tensioning knobs counter clockwise, to loosen the cup mechanism. Loosen them until they almost come off the threaded posts.
4) Position the Kitty Sill level against the window and gently push the bottom suction cup against the window to help stabilize the kitty sill to complete suction cup installation.
5) On both the left and right side: Place the push n’ turn suction cups (with the loosened knob) against the window, making sure the kitty sill is level. Firmly push the end of each knob to remove air from each cup. Slowly turn the tensioning knobs on each cup clockwise until tight. Do not over tighten.
6) On a monthly basis, remove your Kitty Sill and repeat steps 1 through 5. This will help reduce the risk of the cups losing their hold.