K&H Pet Products Ice Eliminator Super Birdbath Deicer, 80 Watt
About This Item
- Provide water for your local birds, even in subzero temperatures.
- Controlled by a built-in thermostat, so the heat will automatically turn on and off as needed.
- A rock-like design made from durable enamel to easily clean and even spray paint to match your birdbath.
- Because of the materials, it won’t calcify, rust or leave stains in your birdbath.
- An innovative and high-quality product for your backyard.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Zoo Med Bird Banquet Fruit Formula Mineral Block Beak Conditioner, 1-block$2.18Chewy Price$4.99List Price$2.07Autoship Price
- DealZoo Med Bird Banquet Vegetable Formula Mineral Block Beak Conditioner, 1-block$4.99Chewy Price$4.74Autoship Price
- Zoo Med Bird Banquet Original Formula Mineral Block Beak Conditioner, 1-block$2.99Chewy Price$2.84Autoship Price
- Green Goo Poultry Castile Wash, 12-oz bottle$10.95Chewy Price
- Professional Pet Products Feather Fancy Bird Spray, 8-oz bottle$7.50Chewy Price
- Wild Harvest Molt Relief Bird Spray, 8-oz bottle$5.39Chewy Price$7.59List Price$5.12Autoship Price
- Lixit Poultry Dust Bath, 5.5-lb jar$16.25Chewy Price$20.99List Price
- Versele-Laga Ideal Pigeon Bathsalts, 2.2-lb tub$13.19Chewy Price$12.53Autoship Price
- Microbe-Lift Soy-Based Birdbath & Statuary Cleaner, 32-oz bottle$19.00Chewy Price
- Little Farmer Products Coop Right Chicken Dust Bath, 3-lb bag$22.99Chewy Price$21.84Autoship Price
- Microbe-Lift Bird Bath Clear Solution, 4-oz bottle$9.56Chewy Price$10.95List Price$9.08Autoship Price
Questions & Answers
7 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
8 Customer Reviews
Super de-icer Birdbath Heater
Bumpy on top and flat on bottom of De-Icer. PROBLEM IS: IT FLOATS ON TOP OF THE WATER unless weighted down by a heavy rock on top of where white electric cord enters the white De-ice to make it rest on the bottom of the birdbath. 11-03-2022. Mgb.
Great in cold climates
This is the second one of these I have owned. The product works well and definitely keeps the water from freezing. It is also very easy to clean. My only complaint is that the cord is very short, so depending on the way you have your birdbath set up, you have to position the heater carefully to make sure it stays submerged. Overall, though, a very good heater.
Very large and sturdy heater. Keeps my fountain ice free with no effort !
Doesn’t keep mine de-iced
I really wanted this item. Tried it all last season, and I fought with its position to keep my birdbath from freezing entirely.
Only used for a couple of months when the surface coating began to peal and the inside metal started to pit and corrode. Shorted out.
I LOVE IT AND SO DO ALL THE CRITTERS
I now have three of these great products. It is amazing to me, how much the wild ones drink in the winter. A 24" plant saucer on the deck holds about 4 gallons. Every morning I add 2 gallons of water. The deicers from last year kept the water from freezing through the -14 degrees of POLAR EXPRESS! The snow was piled HIGH around the saucers and the water was open. SO I added a third deicer this year. When I bought this deicer I bought a 15' outdoor extension cord for it. I was stumped when the water froze. Contacting K&H a very helpful customer service person suggested the freezer test: placing the deicer into the freezer for an hour. Then plug the unit into a direct outlet to prove whether it is defective or not. It heated up immediately when plugged in directly. It was a defective extension cord! Imagine that. THIS DEICER IS A PERFECT SOLUTION FOR THE WINTER MONTHS!
PEELING WITHIN A MONTH
I started using this at the beginning of November 2019. By December 4th it began peeling. I'm not sure this is good for what it was intended for either. The water is just above freezing so not much more beneficial than the birds eating snow. I like the idea of this product and I think there's something better than this one.
Stopped working only after a couple weeks
Stopped working only after a couple weeks and it's not even winter yet. Bird bath froze over with only getting down to the high 20 degrees F overnight.