K&H Pet Products Mod Thermo-Kitty Shelter
About This Item
- Made from 600 denier nylon which provides water-resistance and durability that can stand up to rain, snow, and harsh weather conditions.
- Combination of modern colors, simple zip-together design, rigid exterior, and internal heating pad make it an outstanding value for anyone caring for outdoor cats.
- Use it to keep cats warm in a barn, shed, porch, garage, under a deck or anywhere extreme temperatures exist.
- Includes a small animal heated pad and fleece cover that's designed to warm to your pet's normal body temperature when he/she lies on the pad.
- Features a 5.5-foot steel wrapped cord and is MET Listed for safety.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Frisco Extra Wide Indoor Heated Cat House, Red$69.74Chewy Price$74.99List Price
- Cat Mate Elite Super Selective I.D. Disc Cat Flap, White$186.89Chewy Price$234.04List Price
- Frisco Indoor Heated Cat House, Green$54.99Chewy Price
- Armarkat Faux Fur Covered, Real Wood Cat Condo, Beige, 32-in$88.99Chewy Price$139.00List Price
- K&H Pet Products Extreme Weather Kitty Pad & Fleece Cover$51.99Chewy Price$106.99List Price
- K&H Pet Products Thermo-Kitty Sill Cat Window Perch, Tan$46.81Chewy Price$86.99List Price
- K&H Pet Products Heated Amazin' Kitty Pad$24.29Chewy Price$44.99List Price
- K&H Pet Products Outdoor Unheated Kitty House Cat Shelter, Olive$64.66Chewy Price$87.99List Price
- K&H Pet Products Outdoor Unheated Multi-Kitty A-Frame House$94.99Chewy Price$118.99List Price
- Armarkat Burrow Cat Bed, Sage Green/Beige$31.02Chewy Price$45.00List Price
- K&H Pet Products Heated Kitty Sleephouse$64.99Chewy Price$121.99List Price
- K&H Pet Products Outdoor Heated Kitty House Cat Shelter, Red/Black$89.99Chewy Price$150.99List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Cover Material||Faux Fleece, Nylon, Synthetic Fabric||N/A||N/A||N/A, Nylon, Synthetic Fabric||N/A|
|Furniture Features||Outdoor, Heated, Removable Bed||Outdoor, Heated, Removable Bed||Outdoor, Heated, Removable Bed||Heated, Removable Bed||Outdoor, Removable Bed|
|Furniture Frame Material||Plastic||Plastic||Plastic||Plastic||Plastic|
|Height Range||N/A||N/A||N/A||30 inches & under||N/A|
|Tools Included||No Tools Required||No Tools Required||No Tools Required||No Tools Required||No Tools Required|
|Furniture Mount Type||Free Standing||Free Standing||Free Standing||Free Standing||Free Standing|
Questions & Answers
43 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
208 Customer Reviews
I bought this for our stray, Rosie, so she could survive our Wisconsin winters. She is a beautiful calico who has befriended and is relying on myself and several neighbors of mine. This hut has been a life saver for Rosie literally! She goes in and out during the day to sleep and stays warm during the frigid/cold nights. She plays w/her squirrel friends and enjoys warm meals from good people. For the cold winter temps, I added 2 fleecy pads and I wrapped a thick comforter cover around the hut for added warmth as it is sitting on my patio between the wall and a storage bin for protection from the wind. I placed a plastic bin lid under the hut to raise it somewhat off the concrete. When the nights get consistently warmer, I plan to take off the comforter wrap and unplug the hut's heating pad and wash the heating pad cover and her other fleece pads so she starts w/a clean hut for summer. This is her little safe place now. I highly recommend this well made hut!
Thermo Mod Kitty Shelter review
It took a while to get it zipped together, after that I purchased a fairly large storage container and drilled a hole for the plug. I lined the container with two inch roofing insulation and elevated the shelter two inches for air circulation. The large container allows space for food and water. I also installed a door in the container My kitty has been using it since I coaxed into it with her favorite snack. It's a good thing since our low temperatures have been in the single digits and below. The only disappointment was the door which was crooked and used low quality Velcro and came loose, however I can remedy that. I am grateful that my cat likes it. It was a reasonable price and quick delivery.
Cats Love these Huts
Our 2 feral cats seem to love these shelters! With temps currently in the teens or single digits they hardly leave their new digs at all. In the past 14 years, I have made a variety of thermal cat beds for our cat family (we started with 10 cats) but these seem to be the least drafty. The huts are on our front porch and they are covered with a thermal lined plastic bin and styrofoam base for added protection. My only concern is that they do not have a grounded 3 prong plug. Other than that, they are a hit with Muzzie & Freckles!
For my outside kittys
We have several of these Kitty Shelters, for multiple outside kittys. They work as advertised. We have only been into the teens with them, but the cats love them. They have had up to three cats in one shelter. I put them each on a HD WiFi remote switching plug so I can turn them off/on from my phone, and also have them timed to come on at night. The cats have found their locations. I keep them out of rain so they stay dry and on a real cold night I drape a blanket over them. The hardest part is zippering the enclosure together. You have to do a little at a time, carefully, but once assembled they are great,
Sturdy and decent looking. I had a difficult time getting the cat to accept entering but after a month of sticking the food bowl inside (at different locations), the cat finally got the hang of going in and actually enjoying the shelter. Food and maybe when the temperature dropped to below zero. LOL
Needed something compact and easy to clean. Kat took to it immediately. Zip apart to clean when needed. Cover for pad is washable. Perfect little home and at 30 below - Kat stayed nice and cozy!!!! Very pleased :)
We have several outdoor cats and we have two covered porches with electric outlets. I bought one K&H mod Thermo shelter for the front porch and the cat went right inside and claimed it. After seeing how well it was liked, I ordered another for the back porch. It was claimed immediately by another cat! I have other styles of KH cat heated outdoor shelters that are working well after several years. I don’t buy any other brand.
Every night for at least 25 yrs I have fed possums on my porch-- WAIT WAIT!!! come back! Possums are NICE! They are clean and do not stink. They also never mess up the porch, they do not dump over trash or tear things up, they never TT on my porch. In addition, they eat bugs and thousands of ticks; best of all, they are impervious to venomous snakes, and they EAT POISON SNAKES!!! Well, now we have a couple of ferrel cats; it's COLD in the wintertime, and so I bought this little house hoping the cats will take refuge in there. Putting it together was very easy, goes exactly as the directions say, the heat is very gentle too. I LOVE THIS LITTLE HOUSE!!! So glad that I bought it. Now for the cats to use it..... In addition, Chewy ships so quickly! It's almost as though somebody is sitting beside the computer and zooms to the post office as soon as I click DONE on my order!
THE zipper pull broke while trying to put it together. When I was ordering I looked at 2 different outdoor/Indoor houses. This one with the rounded top was advertised as rigid ( cats will crawl on top and the other one would collapse) so I picked it. My outdoor cat is wild/feral, but, I keep food and water for him outside. This shelter only has the front door --the other house had front and back doors which leaves an escape route which feral/wild cats love. Box says DOORS plural Not singular and I thought this one had front and rear doors too.
Heated cat house
It`s a great house, it`s warm and cozy inside, I would get in there too if I were a cat :) now I wish my outside cat would get inside the house, hopefully one day she will want to use it. Right now she uses the old unheated cat shelter I made for her but I bought this as an upgrade, hopefully she`ll use it soon.