K&H Pet Products Outdoor Heated Kitty House Extra-Wide Cat Shelter
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Vinyl backing and 600 denier nylon construction create a water-resistant shelter. Velcro roof for easy assembly (no tools required!).
- Great for outdoor cats. Large, heated shelter (20 watts) that can be used by multiple cats at once and protects from rain, wind, and snow.
- Excellent to be used use in barns, garages, porches or anywhere an outdoor cat needs additional warmth and protection. Can also be used indoors.
- Features two exits with removable door flaps so your cats can't be trapped by predators.
- Includes K&H Lectro-Soft heated bed that is MET safety listed.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- DealFrisco Indoor Heated Cat House, Green$48.25Chewy Price$54.99List Price
- DealK&H Pet Products Heated A-Frame Cat House, Gray/Black$55.99Chewy Price$98.99List Price
- DealFrisco Extra Wide Indoor Heated Cat House, Red$56.49Chewy Price$62.77List Price
- DealK&H Pet Products Extra-Wide Outdoor Unheated Kitty House, Olive/Black$66.74Chewy Price$119.99List Price
- DealK&H Pet Products Birchwood Manor Thermo-Kitty Home$94.99Chewy Price$180.99List Price
- DealK&H Pet Products Outdoor Heated Kitty House Cat Shelter, Gray/Black$69.99Chewy Price$150.99List Price
- DealK&H Pet Products Outdoor Heated Multi-Kitty A-Frame House$100.99Chewy Price$186.99List Price
- DealTRIXIE Outdoor Wooden Cat House, White$64.13Chewy Price$74.99List Price
- DealK&H Pet Products Outdoor Dinning Room Cat Furniture, Olive$39.99Chewy Price$47.99List Price
- DealTRIXIE Natura Insulated Cat House with Ramp$171.28Chewy Price$189.99List Price
- DealK&H Pet Products Unheated Two-Story Kitty House, Gray Leaf$87.82Chewy Price$174.99List Price
- DealK&H Pet Products Birchwood Manor Outdoor Wooden Cat House, Natural Wood$61.77Chewy Price$130.99List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Furniture Features||Outdoor, Heated, Removable Bed||Outdoor, Heated, Removable Bed||Outdoor, Removable Bed||Outdoor, Removable Bed||Outdoor, Heated, Removable Bed|
|Furniture Frame Material||Plastic||Plastic||Plastic||Plastic||Plastic|
|Tools Included||No Tools Required||No Tools Required||No Tools Required||No Tools Required||No Tools Required|
|Furniture Mount Type||Free Standing||Free Standing||Free Standing||Free Standing||Free Standing|
Questions & Answers
55 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
828 Customer Reviews
Well made, sturdy enough for outdoors
We have had our shelter for 4 years and 7 months. LOVE IT! It sits close to our house away from the windy, rainy side of the house. Our cat loves it! It's his go to place when it is rainy or cold. The velcro is still strong and the zippered roof ends make it very sturdy! We have had no moisture problem with the shelter. The half heated/half not heated pad gives him an option he enjoys! When it's really cold, he lays with most of his body on the heated part but always finds a way to get his nose to the door! (SEE PICTURES) I highly recommend this shelter!! Chewy's customer service is THE BEST!
This is out third year putting the house out for the feral cats we adopted. After each winter I take it apart, wash it and then store it until the next winter. Our outdoor cats love it so much that we are getting another one soon to accommodate the other cats. Three cats (two adults and one Minnie one) are very comfortable in one house. I totally recommend this product but we did remove one of the doors otherwise the cats did not go in it. We placed that side up against the house to shelter from the wind.
Love these heated houses
I've had one of these for years for my outdoor only cat and he loves it. It keeps him plenty warm in the winter. I've had the current house for 5 years and, although faded, it still works wonderful. I'm buying a new one for another newly acquired outdoor only cat so they don't have to share. You would get 5 stars except you replaced the zippers on each side with velcro. Now it's harder to put together. Please bring back the zippers!
Not worth the money
The little house is kinda cute, but cute won't keep cats warm. The heating pad barely heats up at all. We can only feel it if we press into it very hard. Cats don't weigh enough to press this hard, therefore never receiving any warmth. I definitely do not recommend this product if you're looking for something that is even remotely providing warmth to your animals.
I love this house, bought one in 2019, have extra strays this year and was looking for another. The price has increased by around $40.00, guess I'll keep looking. It does stand up to the elements and the strays always use it.
K&H Pet Products Outdoor Heated Kitty House Extra-Wide Cat Shelter
This is the second heated house I bought - one house is indoors which I'll plug in when the weather gets cold, and the other is out in our Catio. The cats both inside and outside use it year round.
My outdoor kittys really like their new house. It was easy to piece together and in warmer weather I can remove the heating pad and store it for the season.
We have an old Queen feral who holds the territory of our yard and several yards on either side of us. We have done the TNR with her and the 3 children she had with her at the time. That was years ago, and now she only has a son who has stayed with her (all the rest we’re adopted and made house cats) but he’s too skittish to bring into a warm place when it gets really bad. She’s too old to deal with winter, and he can’t do it alone. This house is just big enough for the 2 of them to curl up together and share their own body heat, out of the elements, with the added boost from the warming “floor” to keep the chill out of her old bones! She’s even put on some weight! This house has saved her life, and quality of life! It is easy to put together, made of tough stuff, and looks great. The door flaps are able to come off via Velcro, but I found that turning it over, and putting it on upside-down lets it hang a bit higher and off the doorway proper, but it’s still a bit of a wind/snow break. She likes sitting on the roof, which is plenty sturdy enough for her to do so. We kick her off at feeding time, because we lift the roof up to put their food bowl inside the house, so it doesn’t freeze. Again, Velcro makes this easy.
The partially heated floor is a bad idea
K&H makes the best products, but, the partially heated floor pad is a bad idea. It just makes the space that cat(s) can use 1/3 smaller for no good reason, at least if you live above the Mason-Dixon line. If the cat is too warm, it can get out, but, the well-designed heated pad is only the body temperature of another cat. That's healthy, smart design which uses 22-25 watts and is all the cat should get. The unheated section is in front of the door. If you want to see the face of your cutie looking out the door, you won't in this one because they are always tucked into the heated section with no door. Only the extra-wide house has the partially heated pad. I have had five K&H houses, 3 singles and 2 doubles. One double is an older model which has their older rigid plastic heated pad (comfortable with its wool cover) which heats the whole floor of the double. K&H should make a soft heated pad with covers the whole floor of the double. They are doing no favor to Northern kitties. Get the single or the Multi-Kitty A frame, which as large but has a full heated floor to read the description. Again I am a big fan of K&H products for anybody with outdoor pets or feral/barn cats.
My two large cats (I call them polar bears) who prefer the outdoors, can now have a warm, safe place to sleep. One sleeps with his head at the front door and one at the back. Cats like to have an exit, and this warm, cozy home affords them peace of mind! We have it on our covered back porch where we can keep a look out, and we love it!