K&H Pet Products Thermo-Perch Heated Bird Perch Gray
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Keeps exotic birds protected from the harmful effects of air conditioning and drafts
- Easily attaches to wire cages and uses a safe, low voltage to provide a consistent source of warmth
- Thermostatically controlled to maintain your bird’s optimum body temperature, help reduce avian stress and minimize the risk of cold-related health problems
- Made from bite-resistant, non-toxic plastic for your bird’s safety
- Irregular shape to help reduce foot cramping
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- dealZingz & Thingz Yacht Club Bird House$23.99Chewy Price$29.99List Price
- Glitzhome Distressed Solid Wood Bird House, 17.95-in$26.84Chewy Price$34.99List Price
- Copper Spade Cedar Bluebird Bird House$26.50Chewy Price$29.99List Price
- Super Bird Creations Peekaboo Perch Bird Tent, Color Varies, Small$9.77Chewy Price$20.99List Price
- Bird Houses by Mark Cedar Bluebird Bird House$24.95Chewy Price
- A&E Cage Company Elegant Style Flight Bird Cage, Burgundy, Medium$259.99Chewy Price
- Sheer Guard Bird Cage Skirt, Teal, Large$9.11Chewy Price
- Polly's Pet Products Portable Bird Stand, Green, Small$26.91Chewy Price
- Galapagos Raindrop Deco Birdhouse, Fresh Green$19.99Chewy Price
- A&E Cage Company Play Top Bird Cage, Black, X-Small$247.76Chewy Price$349.99List Price
- A&E Cage Company Economy Play Top Bird Cage, Platinum$147.20Chewy Price$205.99List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Bird Type||Cockatiel, Conure, Parakeet...||Cockatiel, Parrot, Conure...||Budgie||Parrot||Budgie|
Questions & Answers
18 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
66 Customer Reviews
I wish my bird liked it as much as I do.
I really like this perch for my cocktail, but he unfortunately does not seem to be as big of a fan. He doesn't hate it by any means but he also isn't very interested in it and sits on a wooden perch in his flight cage instead. I was so hopeful because it's such a great idea and it does work really well. I only wish he felt the same way.
Cage attachment is plastic
My blue Quaker loves this perch (size small) but one of the two “prongs” that stick through the cage that the holder screws on two have broken so it’s not securely fastened anymore. It still works, but it’s annoying
Using this for about 4 years now
I have a 21 year old cockatiel with arthritis in her feet. Getting around is tough & I wanted to ease her discomfort. It took a few weeks for her to get on it - and for me to trust it too honestly. I remember the moment she discovered it was heated and a light bulb went on upstairs. I leave it on 24/7. I used to turn it off in the summer but she seems to enjoy it on all but the hottest days. She LOVES this thing and I think its one of the reasons she still gets around as well as she does. I originally bought 3 of these, 2 have burnt out but one still works! When it burns out I will definitely buy another to replace it. I hope K&H knows how important this product is to my pets and to me. I could not be more grateful for it.
this was a great buy
My bird loves it! She's usually scared of new things, but she started using the heated perch almost right away. It will help keep her warm through the winter. She hasn't had trouble holding onto it or balancing on it either.
My Red Belly Hanky will be 18 years this January ‘22 and we have been her only parents. She is old and tired now and I can relate, she likes to perch on things that warm her feet. I found this electric perch by Chewy and ordered it, well folks it’s a hit. In the morning I greet her with sweet sounds and open her cage door and at her age she comes out when she is good and ready (don’t ever reach your hand inside their cage, that’s just rude to a bird.) It warms my heart to see her puffed up and relaxed on top of her electric perch. So I ordered a second one for our younger bird.
Cockatiels love it
I have now purchased 2 of these. At first yes putting a new object in cage is scary for birds. After a week though I needed more than one because it was quite popular. I wrapped it w the bandage wrap that clings to itself. This seems to be the only way they were ok perching on the material it made from. I live in Florida & my birds use it year round. Happy with purchase!
Birds Arent Having It
We've had this for a few weeks now. Our two Parakeets aren't going near it and the temperature in and out has cooled. Some people have suggested birds may need a few days to acclimate to it but so far, ours just don't dig it. My opinion is the diameter is too wide (even though it is the small size) and plastic is not something Parakeets are going to gravitate towards unless they can get their claws around it.
It's okay, but sizing and grip needs improvement
I personally do not care for this product. It is suggested small for parakeets/ budgies but from what I seem to notice is whenever my parakeets go to land on the perch they cannot grip onto the perch. The heating works perfectly fine its just the slick material the perch is made from.
Wouldn't live without
The very best thing you can do for your bird in the winter. I have used two had them for many years. My birds comfort is important to me and so is quality. 5 stars
I was expecting my conure to stray away from it for the first few days. But as soon as he figured it out that is was warm he took to it right away. We live in the Midwest and gets chilly at night during fall. Highly recommended.