KONG Classic Dog Toy
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Made in the USA from globally sourced materials.
- Perfect for stuffing with KONG Stuff'N Easy Treat Paste and Snacks for longer-lasting play.
- Relied upon by veterinarians, trainers, and dog enthusiasts for over 40 years.
- Provides play, helps reduce boredom, and relieves separation anxiety.
- Unpredictable bounce for virtually unlimited games of fetch, even while you’re away.
Make this toy extra fun with [Stuff'N Treats.]
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Frisco Birthday Tennis Ball Squeaky Dog Toy, 3 count$6.98Chewy Price
- KONG Senior Dog Toy, Medium$10.99Chewy Price
- Frisco Fur Really Real Squirrel Plush Laying Squeaky Dog Toy$9.98Chewy Price
- KONG Extreme Dog Toy, Medium$12.99Chewy Price$13.99List Price
- KONG Squeezz Dumbbell Dog Toy, Color Varies, Large$14.97Chewy Price$15.99List Price
- KONG Squeezz Ring Dog Toy, Color Varies, Large$12.64Chewy Price$15.99List Price
- Chuckit! Fetch Ball Medley Triple Pack Dog Toy, Medium$12.99Chewy Price$20.99List Price
- KONG Wubba Ballistic Friend, Color Varies, X-Large$17.99Chewy Price
- Nylabone Power Chew Double Bone Bacon Flavored Dog Chew Toy, X-Small$7.15Chewy Price$10.99List Price
- Chuckit! Erratic Ball Dog Toy, Large$5.50Chewy Price$10.99List Price
- Chuckit! Junior Launcher Dog Toy, Color Varies$8.28Chewy Price$12.99List Price
- Nylabone Puppy Chew Chicken Flavored Puppy Chew Toy, X-Large$12.36Chewy Price$18.99List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Toy Feature||Training||Training||Training, Tough Chewer||Training, Tough Chewer||Tough Chewer|
|Breed Size||Giant Breeds||Giant Breeds||Large Breeds||Large Breeds||Large Breeds|
|Toy Type||Chew Toys||Treat Dispensers, Chew Toys||Chew Toys||Treat Dispensers, Chew Toys||Chew Toys|
Questions & Answers
32 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
2308 Customer Reviews
perfect toy for any dog!
This is the old classic rubber Kong dog toy. I have the regular size and the small size for my boxer and for my Boston terrier. Its shape causes it to bounce in random directions. My dog absolutely loves this toy. I've put everything in that thing. I have broken up some single ingredient treats and stuffed them in Kong. We refer to my dogs as having ADHD, or a very SHORT attention span, but not with this toy they absolutely love it!! . I put treats as well as peanut butter bananas or yogurt then put them in the freezer. The freezing slows down their ability to clean out the inside quickly so the game lasts a little longer. The rubber is hard enough so they cannot chew through it yet soft on their teeth and gums. The hole is large enough to easily fill the inside as well as wash out the inside after use. Definitely buy multiples so that there are some in the freezer ready to go on those hot days or on those days that you just need a little time to get something done while your dog is occupied. All in all I completely recommend these toys for all dogs of any shape and size.
Based on my dogs weight (11# and 12# beagles) I bought 2 small ones (for up to 20#). Since I ordered online I didn't realize how tiny they would be. They didn't last 20 minutes before they both chewed the tops off. I'll try the super chewer ones in a larger size.
Buy this kong
I have an 11 month old Doberman I was looking for something to keep her busy and chewing. I bought Purina Pro Plan canned food and stuffed the kong, and then froze it oh, oh my goodness boy does she love it! I actually bought two so I would make sure and have one Frozen at all times. I heard this online from Joel Beckman he is a fantastic dog trainer. I love chewy because they are quick and johnny-on-the-spot always!
My German Shepherd has this Kong in his mouth every time he goes outside. It’s his retrieving go to. It lasts a pretty long time but he will chew on it to make it flex. Eventually it will crack and I replace it. It’s very versatile because you can play fetch, put biscuits or kibble in it or even peanut butter. I put a rope through the little hole and knot it so I can throw it without slobber all over my hand. The weirdest thing is he won’t play with the black version, only the red one. Good investment for dog owners.
Best toy for all chewers
I purchased 2 of these for my pup. One I keep in the freezer while she gnaws on the other one. I can fill it with treats or leave it as is; she is about 10-12 lbs. and a hard chewer. She will chew on this for hours;especially when it immediately comes out of the freezer.
still one of the best classic toys around
I have used the giant kongs for my mastiffs and the large for my husky. They are pretty hard to destroy. They can last for years if not out in the weather all the time. The giant ones have a few teeth marks in them but that's it and my mastiffs can chew up just about anything quickly. I always fill them when I'm going out of the house for a few hours. The smooth ones seem to stay cleaner than the ridged one and they are able to get out most of the treat.
Who doesn't love a KONG?
Every dog we have ever had in our immediate family or extended family loves the KONG. It's a must for dog owners. We fill ours with a little of everything including some dog-food and freeze it. The dogs love them. LOVE THEM!
50 characters minimum. Come on Chewy, make it optional if can be covered in headline. First time I think you guys missed the mark re customer experience.
Did not work out as expected
I have a very food motivated older large dog. Poor Sparky also has separation anxiety. I thought that this Kong that I could stuff (slightly) with a mixture of peanut butter and banana then freeze would be perfect. I came home to find only some of the mixture licked out. Clearly was not the BIG HIT I expected it to be.
Big Kong Extra Strong
Whenever we leave we always give a KONG for our two Cavapoos to enjoy. Many owners have issues with separation but not us. We reward them with KONGS when we leave and they hardly notice we are gone.