KONG Extreme Dog Toy
About This Item
- Provides puzzle-solving play, helps reduce boredom, and relieves separation anxiety for extreme chewers.
- Made in the USA from globally sourced materials.
- Perfect for stuffing with KONG Stuff'N Easy Treat Paste and Snacks for longer-lasting play.
- Relied upon by veterinarians, trainers, and dog enthusiasts for over 40 years.
- Unpredictable bounce for virtually unlimited games of fetch, even while you’re away.
Make this toy extra fun with [Stuff'N Treats.]
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- dealFrisco Peanut Butter Flavor Tough Nylon Dog Chew Toy, Medium$10.79Chewy Price
- dealKONG Classic Dog Toy, X-Large$19.99Chewy Price
- Frisco Chicken Flavor Tough Nylon Dog Chew Toy, Medium$8.47Chewy Price
- KONG Senior Dog Toy, Medium$10.99Chewy Price
- dealChuckit! Amphibious Bumper Dog Toy, Color Varies, Medium$12.78Chewy Price$14.99List Price
- Chuckit! Fetch Ball Medley Triple Pack Dog Toy, Medium$12.75Chewy Price$20.99List Price
- KONG Goodie Ribbon Dog Toy, Red, Medium$15.99Chewy Price$17.99List Price
- Chuckit! Junior Launcher Dog Toy, Color Varies$8.28Chewy Price$12.99List Price
- Jolly Pets Romp-n-Roll Dog Toy, Red, 8-in$19.79Chewy Price$28.99List Price
- Chuckit! Amphibious Boomerang Dog Toy, Color Varies, Medium$13.99Chewy Price
- KONG Puppy Teething Stick Dog Toy, Color Varies, Large$11.99Chewy Price$13.99List Price
- KONG Mega Wubba Dog Toy, Color Varies$21.49Chewy Price$39.99List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Toy Feature||Training, Tough Chewer||Training, Tough Chewer||Training||Training||Training|
|Breed Size||Medium Breeds||Medium Breeds||Medium Breeds||Large Breeds||Medium Breeds|
|Toy Type||Chew Toys||Treat Dispensers, Chew Toys||Chew Toys||Chew Toys||Treat Dispensers, Chew Toys|
Questions & Answers
22 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
1889 Customer Reviews
I have a 2 year old 17 pound Beagle, this is the 2nd Kong that the top has come off! Luckily she has no interest in chewing on the broken piece, but many dogs probably would! I contacted Kong, they did give me coupon for a new one, but it can only be used at a brick/mortar store, also instructed me to get the next size up. Overall very disappointed with this brand, I expected more of the Super Chewer toy!
Its a great buy but wish i would have gotten 1 size bigger.
It works great as is but i wish i had gotten the XL version because my puppy has outgrown it very quickly but still works as intended so still a great buy but if its for a large breed i would recommend going with a XL size and up!
Great toy a bit too big
My chewer Goldie pup destroyed the red kongs so I thought I'd give this one a try. I ordered it a size too large I think altho he does get the goodies out of it. He just doesn't chew it after.
$15 for 5 minutes of fun
“Give your tough chewer a challenge” “Designed for the toughest chewer” “Designed for determined chewers” Some of the things written in the description that enticed me to but this toy. I knew my pit bull would eventually be able to tear it up. I thought it might last a couple weeks. A few days at minimum. One hour maybe?? I am not exaggerating when I say 5 min after handing it to him it was a goner. I don’t mind with the cheap toys, but if you’re charging $15 for a piece of rubber it should be as tough as advertised.
Anyone else having problems?
This and Merrick are my girls favorite food. She won’t touch any of the cans from the 2 cases I ordered. I gave her a can outside of these cases and she ate it, but she won’t touch the food from these 2 cases. So I’m wondering if anyone else is having an issue? It smells fine… it looks like what it supposed to look like… but there must be something different about this new batch?
Could be a little larger
I purchased this because my dogs are extreme chewers and although I’m familiar with Kong products I kind of thought this would be actually a larger than it is, Nyla bone makes a comparative item that is very tough their large stuff-able chew toys is bigger than this one and it’s almost half the price. so I will return to buying the Nyla bone toy instead other than that it’s a decent toy I’m just not blown away
When I saw the reviews on this item, I was really conflicted on whether I should buy it or not, but I’m glad I bought it. A good thumb rule for purchasing any durable chew toy is to buy a tougher version than your dog needs. My 9 month old husky is a pretty moderate/heavy chewer and I decided to go with the extreme kong. Also, never use it without some sort of supervision. Any chew toy can get destroyed if left alone with a super chewer for long periods of time. Anyways, our Kong helped us crate train our husky and he goes nuts whenever I grab the Kong out of the freezer. Happy chewing :)
Not for chewers
Love Kong toys but pup is a chewer. Thought I'd try this since this is the extreme. Not luck she still chewed around the bottom hole. That seems to be where she can grip all of her chew toys. This would be great with a rounded top and bottom, no opening. It's a thought :)
I bought this for a small 20lb cockapoo. I bought the extra tough knowing that she is pretty efficient at tearing apart any toy I give her. Perhaps I should have chosen a bigger size she could not have got into her mouth, but she destroyed this in a couple of hours - so much so I was left with the bottom ring which I shaved back and attached part of another toy she had torn to shreds (Toy Story horror show in our house!) so it wouldn't roll annoyingly under the sofa every 5 minutes. I still think Kong is a good quality company and this is not a complaint as the toy is one of her favourites and now seems to be surviving. I have put a photo with this review. It is more a heads-up to think about getting the bigger size for your dog so they can't get the whole thing in their mouths. I would buy another of these but the biggest.
Kong for Agressive Chewers
Great product--I'm not worried about the dog being able to chew and ingest these Kong materials--use peanut butter around the wider rim and your dog will be involved and happy for some time.