Kurgo Core Cooling Dog Vest
About This Item
- Cooling vest covers your dog’s back and chest while allowing freedom to move.
- Uses prolonged evaporation to lower your dog’s core temperature. Just wet, wring out and strap on!
- Light color and reflective material helps to deflect the sun’s heat.
- Can be used over and over; just wet with water when dry and repeat.
- Lightweight material is machine washable and provides an easy fit with two points of adjustment.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- DealCanada Pooch Cooling Dog Vest, Tie Dye, 20$29.39Chewy Price$48.99List Price
- DealGF Pet Reversible Dog Raincoat, XX-Small$32.99Chewy Price
- DealCanada Pooch Shiny North Pole Insulated Dog Puffer Vest, Black, 24$53.99Chewy Price$76.99List Price
- DealPets First MLB Dog & Cat Jersey, Boston Red Sox, Small$24.98Chewy Price
- Pets First NFL Dog & Cat Mesh Jersey, Atlanta Falcons, Large$21.80Chewy Price
- DealCanada Pooch True North Insulated Dog Parka, Reflective, 22$70.99Chewy Price$83.99List Price
- Pets First NCAA Dog & Cat Jersey, Florida Gators, Medium$15.00Chewy Price
- Pets First NHL Dog & Cat Jersey, St. Louis Blues, Medium$12.30Chewy Price$23.99List Price
- Pets First NCAA Dog & Cat Jersey, Florida State, Small$23.99Chewy Price
- Pets First NCAA Dog & Cat Jersey, Penn State, Small$23.99Chewy Price
- Pets First NCAA Dog & Cat Jersey, Ohio State Buckeyes, X-Small$13.90Chewy Price
- Pets First NFL Dog & Cat Mesh Jersey, New England Patriots, X-Small$16.19Chewy Price
Compare Similar Items
|Material||Mesh, Polyester, Synthetic Fabric||Polyester, Synthetic Fabric||Mesh, Synthetic Fabric||Polyester, Synthetic Fabric||Polyurethane, Polyester, Synthetic Fabric, Plastic|
|Breed Size||Small Breeds||Small Breeds||Giant Breeds||Small Breeds||Extra Small Breeds, Small Breeds|
|Lifestage||Puppy, Adult, Senior||—||—||—||—|
|Closure Type||—||—||Buckle||—||Hook & Loop|
Questions & Answers
11 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
30 Customer Reviews
I purchased and tried to use this item several times with different approaches for my 1 year old female GSD who tends to run warm generally this summer, but it honestly provided no relief at all.
Amazing product for black dogs in Florida sun and heat
I bought this for my Rottweiler at the end of last summer and didn't have much of an opportunity to use it until today. What a game changer! Typically our afternoon routine is les than 5 minutes in the back yard and it's too hot - especially with his black fur which is hot to touch after about a minute. I followed the directions and put it - he loved it and ran (yes, ran) all over the back yard playing. Today it's full sun, 93 degrees with feels like of 107. I kept checking under the vest and he was cool to touch! Can't wait to go out and play more! FYI - for 120lb Rottweiler, he has the XL and with the adjustments, fits great!
Wasn’t sure these work. Ordered one from REI made by Ruffwear. Looked effective and well made, but both pup and parent would have been embarrassed by it in daylight. Returned at REI and staff said same before I told them why it was returned. Kurgo version from Chewy looks better and has worked great in NYC heatwave. Fit isn’t perfect but close enough that she’s comfortable and cool. Worth it
Great for summer
We bought this for our pug since we live in the South and the summers are HOT! We use mostly during the day when we take her to the bathroom. She loves it. It keeps her cool and comfortable going outside. The only down side is the zipper. When her leash is on, the zipper doesn't stay closed all that well
This is a quality product that works exactly as it's supposed to. I find it easier to wet completely using the bathtub faucet, and easier to wring out there as well. If you wring it out completely, when you take it off your dog will only be slightly damp after use, not wet. My silky terrier went from panting heavily and seeking shade every few feet on our walks in the high 70s (without the vest) to happily trotting along with occasional panting in the high 80s (with the vest). This is a necessity as July and August will hit 100 with high humidity.
Works while wet but dries way too quickly
This is easy to put on and pretty light to carry. And it works pretty well while it's wet. But it mostly dries in about 10-15 minutes where I am so I have to carry a lot of extra water to keep it wet. I'm looking for a better one. If you use this for shorter walks or where water is readily available this may be good for you though.
I think it works
My rescue lab mix is about 58 lbs and has a lanky body with a skinny neck but big chest. It's hard to find things that fit her properly. We tried on the large and the medium. Because of her skinny neck I went with the medium although it doesn't cover her body length all the way but I think it's still effective. She has black short fur and is rather heat intolerant. I picked this jacket for the light coloring too. In a 4 hour period on a high 80s day I had to rewet it about 4 times to keep her cool, so like once an hour. It was clear that as long as the the jacket was wet she was panting less and happier. I took 1 star off because I wish the the medium wasn't drastically shorter than the large size, and covered more of her body length.
Cooling vest works well to cool of my dogs. Having to crate dogs in my car at events in the Florida heat is difficult and the vest with a fan on them works well.
I bought this for my blue heeler/lab mix (short, black fur) who overheats easily. We took it hiking through the Sand Dunes in Colorado with no shade for a few hours and it worked great! She was like a different dog and had a great time. I never saw signs of heat distress, other than minor panting. I wet it once before we started and used about 1 liter over a few hours to re-wet it. Even dry, I think the reflective feature was beneficial with her black fur. My girl is about 50 lbs and the medium was perfect. Highly recommend!
I was very excited to try this on my rescue rottie because her black fur gets very hot in the summer sun and she struggles with the heat. Unfortunately, we couldn't use it! Her measurements were right in the "Large" range, but the vest was way too small for her. The size guide / sizing is not correct.