Kurgo Core Cooling Dog Vest
About This Item
- Cooling vest covers your dog’s back and chest while allowing freedom to move.
- Uses prolonged evaporation to lower your dog’s core temperature. Just wet, wring out and strap on!
- Light color and reflective material helps to deflect the sun’s heat.
- Can be used over and over; just wet with water when dry and repeat.
- Lightweight material is machine washable and provides an easy fit with two points of adjustment.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Canada Pooch Cooling Dog Vest, Tie Dye, 16$43.99Chewy Price
- dealGF Pet Elastofit Ice Dog Vest, 4X-Large$45.72Chewy Price$49.99List Price
- Hurtta Cooling Dog Wrap, Aquamarine, 26-30-in$58.00Chewy Price
- GF Pet Dog Ice Band, Small/Medium$9.99Chewy Price$12.99List Price
- Canada Pooch Tie Dye Cooling Dog Bandana, Small$17.99Chewy Price
- dealCanada Pooch Wet Reveal Smiley Cooling Dog Bandana, Small$19.99Chewy Price
- Kurgo K9 Core Dog Sweater, Heather Green, Large$35.99Chewy Price
- KONG Reflective Dog Jacket, Silver, X-Large$43.96Chewy Price$46.99List Price
- OneTigris Eureka K9 Dog Backpack, Ranger Green, X-Small$24.98Chewy Price$28.99List Price
- OneTigris Mammoth Dog Pack, Coyote Brown, Medium$37.98Chewy Price$38.99List Price
- OneTigris Cotton Canvas Dog Backpack, Brown$35.98Chewy Price
- ZippyPaws Adventure Dog Backpack, Graphite, Large$16.44Chewy Price$43.99List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Material||Mesh, Polyester, Synthetic Fabric||Mesh, Synthetic Fabric||Polyester, Synthetic Fabric||Polyester, Synthetic Fabric||Fleece, Nylon, Synthetic Fabric|
|Breed Size||Large Breeds||Large Breeds||Large Breeds||Large Breeds||Large Breeds|
|Lifestage||Puppy, Adult, Senior||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
Questions & Answers
12 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
24 Customer Reviews
This is a quality product that works exactly as it's supposed to. I find it easier to wet completely using the bathtub faucet, and easier to wring out there as well. If you wring it out completely, when you take it off your dog will only be slightly damp after use, not wet. My silky terrier went from panting heavily and seeking shade every few feet on our walks in the high 70s (without the vest) to happily trotting along with occasional panting in the high 80s (with the vest). This is a necessity as July and August will hit 100 with high humidity.
I think it works
My rescue lab mix is about 58 lbs and has a lanky body with a skinny neck but big chest. It's hard to find things that fit her properly. We tried on the large and the medium. Because of her skinny neck I went with the medium although it doesn't cover her body length all the way but I think it's still effective. She has black short fur and is rather heat intolerant. I picked this jacket for the light coloring too. In a 4 hour period on a high 80s day I had to rewet it about 4 times to keep her cool, so like once an hour. It was clear that as long as the the jacket was wet she was panting less and happier. I took 1 star off because I wish the the medium wasn't drastically shorter than the large size, and covered more of her body length.
I bought this for my blue heeler/lab mix (short, black fur) who overheats easily. We took it hiking through the Sand Dunes in Colorado with no shade for a few hours and it worked great! She was like a different dog and had a great time. I never saw signs of heat distress, other than minor panting. I wet it once before we started and used about 1 liter over a few hours to re-wet it. Even dry, I think the reflective feature was beneficial with her black fur. My girl is about 50 lbs and the medium was perfect. Highly recommend!
I was very excited to try this on my rescue rottie because her black fur gets very hot in the summer sun and she struggles with the heat. Unfortunately, we couldn't use it! Her measurements were right in the "Large" range, but the vest was way too small for her. The size guide / sizing is not correct.
My English Cocker Spaniel would come back from our walks excessively panting anytime the temp was over 80 degrees. This vest really worked to keep her cool during our walks & when we returned home, she wasn't even panting. I would highly recommend it
Fits my cattle dog perfectly
I have a blue heeler that's about 47lbs and this fits her perfectly! Great quality and well made. Easy to put on and it comes with a small hanger which I thought was super cute haha!
Not Sure if its Cooling?
Not sure how much this really helps my dog stay cooler. I'm thinking about returning it. He is black so having the lighter color helps I think but thats about it
Good purchase for summer walks
I purchased this last winter expecting to need it this summer. I finally used it. Since I have a small dog, I soaked the vest in a sealed container and put it on her when we reached the park. Work well. She could stay out about 1/2 as long as normal. I poured some water on once. My dog is a Cavalier with her natural coat. We live in DC and have humid summers.
Very fine product
I am very happy with this vest. I bought another cooling vest a few years ago for my Bichon and when it dried it turned into cardboard and he couldn't move. Also it wasn't washable. This one is well made, washable, and stays nice and cool for a comfortable night's sleep. It goes on easily too. My dog is 15 lbs and I bought a size small. Thank you.
This jacket is awesome!!!! I have a rescue and she is a lab/pitt mix. We go on long walks and hikes together because she loves going outside. Sometimes I don't get to take her because when it's super hot she overheats. Thanks to this jacket, that isn't an issue anymore!