Kurgo Impact Car Safety Dog Harness
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Independently crash tested up to 108 pounds to provide the ultimate in car safety.
- Works with your car’s existing seatbelt system. No additional buckles, attachments or straps needed!
- Four adjustment points offer the perfect fit for almost all breeds and sizes, with a lightweight and comfortable fit.
- Reduces excursion (pitching forward) during impact with a broad, padded chest plate for bonus comfort and protection.
- Constructed of a single piece of high-tensile tubular webbing with reinforced bar tacking that is machine washable.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- EzyDog Drive Dog Car Harness, Medium$125.00Chewy Price
- Kurgo Tru-Fit Enhanced Strength Crash Tested Smart Car Dog Harness, Large: 24 to 34-in chest$31.96Chewy Price$42.99List Price
- PetSafe 3-in-1 Reflective Dog Harness & Leash, Large: 29.5 to 42.5-in chest$37.95Chewy Price$46.99List Price
- SlowTon Car Safety Dog Harness with Seat Belt, Burgundy, Small: 18.5 to 21-in chest$14.40Chewy Price$17.99List Price
- Industrial Puppy Emotional Support Nylon Reflective Dog Leash, Red, 4-ft long, 1-in wide$13.95Chewy Price$14.95List Price
- PetSafe Happy Ride Car Safety Dog Harness, Large: 15 to 33-in chest$26.95Chewy Price$34.99List Price
- Mendota Products Large Snap Camouflage Rope Dog Leash, Salt & Pepper, 4-ft long, 1/2-in wide$19.49Chewy Price$20.49List Price
- Chai's Choice Double H Trail Runner Polyester Reflective No Pull Dog Harness, Purple, X-Large: 31 to 39-in chest$32.99Chewy Price$34.95List Price
- Chai's Choice Premium Outdoor Adventure 3M Polyester Reflective Front Clip Dog Harness, Royal Blue, X-Large: 32 to 42-in chest$28.95Chewy Price$29.95List Price
- Chai's Choice Rover Scout High-Performance Tactical Military Backpack Waterproof Dog Harness, Purple, X-Large: 32 to 42-in chest$69.99Chewy Price$71.99List Price
Questions & Answers
13 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
26 Customer Reviews
Impossible to adjust, uncomfortable for dog
Despite watching videos and reading the unhelpful manual, this harness is nearly impossible to fit. The construction is bulky and excessive and seems to ignore the fact that this is supposed to fit on a dog. Also ignores the fact that humans have to fit it. The sliding webbing buckles are too thick to slide so you have use your fingernails or pliers to pick apart the layers of webbing to adjust. The top and bottom chest and back plates are just that - hard flat plastic plates that do not bend. The plates can't be tightened into a curve without choking the dog or crushing the chest. The hard plastic chest plate digs hard into the dog's armpits, much worse when trying to lie down. Yes, this is the proper size from the chart. When not digging in, the dog just rotates around inside the non-adjustable harness. Took a solid 15 minutes for a lousy fit and the dog's patience ran out much sooner than that. Now picture coming and going from the car! What an awful design.
Difficult to use
My dog chewed through a strap within 10 minutes of putting it on the first time. She’s a smaller dog too. I bought 2 harnesses because I think it’s a good idea to protect my pets. This harness is difficult to put on and take off, but looks high quality. I can’t recommend it though given my dog chewed through a strap and freed herself.
Not A Great Product
This harness has proven difficult to fit/tighten on my 86lb dog, as well as STAY tightened on him. He’s gotten out of it twice now as he’s able to pull the straps loose. I can’t keep him in it while in the car; so for me, this is a no-go product. It’s too bad, because I really liked the smaller one we had before he grew larger than the 75lb limit on that one. Plus, the chest plate is just that - a plate! Can’t form to the chest of your dog.
Going to need to give it some time
The harness is well made. It’s sturdy, better quality than I was expecting, and I will definitely keep it, but the reason for removing one star is the instructions on how to put it on the dog. I couldn’t follow them to save my life and adjusting and rebuckling the straps, forget about it. My dog was initially patient with me but after 10 minutes of trying to manipulate the straps and loosen then tighten them, he’d had enough. Once I finally figured it out it fit ok and still seemed loose in places, but it stayed in place and worked well with the seatbelt.
looks good built well... works not so much
It is made well... but was a pain in the butt to get on her and adjusted properly... finally after I got that done getting her in the card and the seat belt through it was another adventure... then as we were on our way she got her self all twisted up and and it was at night so we didnt realize how bad it was until we made a pit stop at a gas station... she was miserable. I will work with it to see if we could have done something differently... I also have the strap that you can attach to the loop in the back and that I the seat belt loop. I seemed to have hid it fro myself for the moment but I really dont thing thats going to work much better. as I wasnt really happy with it using it with the harnesses we all ready had...
Very difficult to put on dog, and no way to connect to the seat
If I tried to make a product that was worse than this one, I couldn't do it. The thing is very time consuming and difficult to put on the dog, very difficult to adjust so that it's comfortable for the dog, and I can't see how it's supposed to connect to the seatbelt at all. It's complete garbage.
Very well made but didn't work for us
I was really looking forward to this item, it's one of only 2 crash-tested harnesses I've found, it's a reasonable price and looked straightforward to use. Unfortunately, it doesn't come close to fitting our dog. We bought the XL since our dog is an 85lb Great Dane mix (about half the height of a full dane), he has a deep but narrow chest. While I can get it over his head, I can't clip the nesting buckles (which are not easy to do on their own), there would be no slack to put the seat belt through, and the chest plate is too wide between his legs. Disappointing and will keep looking.
Fits great, easily adjustable. I feel like my dog is safe when seat-buckled into the car with this harness!
stiff and uncomfortable
This harness seems very well made. The only issues are that it is very stuff and all 3 of my dogs seemed very uncomfortable wearing them in and out of the car. The back part that clips into the seat belt is a good idea but difficult. Thee seat belt would tighten up since the seat beast is free moving through the harness. This would cause 2 of my 3 dogs to panic. I have used the original Kurgo car harness and had no issues so ill just stick to them. I also have 55lb, 38lb and 20lb dogs.
won’t stay in place
For how expensive this harness was, I am disappointed that the straps never stay in position. We are constantly re tightening the harness during walks.