Kurgo Tru-Fit Enhanced Strength Crash Tested Smart Car Dog Harness
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Enhanced strength crash tested car harness for dogs up to 75 lbs.
- Includes no-pull D ring, 5 adjustment points for customizable fit, and a padded chest plate.
- Includes a seat belt loop tether with carabiner, compatible with any car seat belt system.
- Pet seat belt can also be used as a short lead for training.
- Please measure your pet before ordering.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- EzyDog Drive Dog Car Harness, Medium$125.00Chewy Price
- HDP Car Dog Harness & Safety Seat Belt Travel Gear, Red, Small$11.99Chewy Price
- SlowTon Car Safety Dog Harness with Seat Belt, Red, X-Small: 16.5 to 18-in chest$12.49Chewy Price$17.99List Price
- Mighty Paw Nylon Dog Seat Belt for Buckle, Black$16.99Chewy Price
- PetSafe 3-in-1 Reflective Dog Harness & Leash, Medium: 24 to 34-in chest$37.95Chewy Price$49.99List Price
- Kurgo Stash n’ Dash Dog Harness, Black, X-Large$39.95Chewy Price
- Kurgo Journey Air Polyester Reflective No Pull Dog Harness, Coastal Blue/Charcoal, Medium: 18 to 28-in chest$31.24Chewy Price$46.99List Price
- Kurgo Tru-Fit Smart Harness with Plastic Quick Release Buckles, Black, X-Small$28.14Chewy Price$29.99List Price
- Caldwell's Original Two Dog Leash Coupler$12.99Chewy Price
- Kurgo Walk About Training Dog Reins, Multi-color$28.99Chewy Price
- Frisco Big Dog Harness, Black, L - Girth: 24 - 31-in$19.37Chewy Price
- Puppia Soft Vest Dog Harness, Black, Small$21.90Chewy Price$23.00List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Material||Polyester, Nylon, Synthetic Fabric||Polyester, Synthetic Fabric||Polyester, Synthetic Fabric||Nylon, Synthetic Fabric||Polyester, Synthetic Fabric|
|Harness Type||Front Clip, Back Clip, Car Safety||Front Clip||Front Clip, Back Clip, No Pull||No Pull, Back Clip, Car Safety, Front Clip||Front Clip, Back Clip|
|Leash & Collar Feature||Dual Clip||Dual Clip, Reflective||Dual Clip, Reflective||Dual Clip, Reflective, Waterproof||Dual Clip, Reflective|
|Breed Size||Extra Small & Toy Breeds||Extra Small & Toy Breeds||Extra Small & Toy Breeds||Medium Breeds||Small Breeds|
|Closure Type||Buckle||Quick Release||Buckle||Quick Release||Quick Release|
Questions & Answers
65 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
732 Customer Reviews
I bought two of these for my two Australian Shepherd’s for a road trip we were going on. Especially for my one who doesn’t sit still in the car and always jumps from front to back seat. Major distraction to my driving and she has hit the dash a few times. But, within an 1.5 hour of our trip my antsy Aussie Iris figured out how to get out of the harness while strapped in. I followed the instructions step by step so I know it wasn’t that I skipped steps and I had it tight were 2 fingers could fit like the video said. Then a few hours later she did it again. So alright great now I don’t trust in it and that was the only harness I brought for the wknd. My other Aussie Isla was fine in the car but when hiking her harness came off somehow. My 12 yr old who was walking her didn’t understand what even happened. I was so STRESSED the entire trip that the dogs were going to get out of the harnesses and I was going to lose them. I will be returning both harnesses.
We have a 3ish year old Newfie rescue, Teddi. To put it simply while “only” 140 lbs, she is built like a linebacker, big boned, big chest and hips. Finding a harness to fit her has been challenging. We found Kurgo and we’re thrilled it had a padded chest strap and was the right size. Once we started using it we were even more thrilled with the stainless steel buckles and their ease of use. Very happy with this harness. We have 2 Newfie pups and are using Kurgo harnesses for them as well.
Hard to fit properly, my dog can wriggle out
This is a very well-made harness and we have used it in the car and for walks. We have adjusted it in all the various ways it can be adjusted to my dog, but still if my dog drops his head while walking the entire harness comes forward and starts to slide over his head. He wriggled out of the harness twice—once seated at a restaurant and the other while chasing a ball. I am not sure if a smaller size would work as the dimensions that are given appear to be too small for him and the medium should be the correct size. It may be that my dog’s body type is not a good fit for this brand.
Dog Harness for walks and car rides.
This harness is a bit heavy, but I like that it is crash tested. The buckle/latch system takes a little bit of getting used to. I wish that the back had a little padding like the chest, but it is a nice harness. Plus it has a handle on the back.
The harness broke after only using it twice, and we can't figure out how it broke. Our dog is very quiet in the car and we do not use it for walking but when we took the dog out of the car it was broken. Luckily we were home and not traveling. If this product breaks this easily I cannot imagine it protecting my dog in an accident.
Love this harness...my Buddy goes everywhere with us and we got two, one for each vehicle. Very easy to use once we figured it out. I feel confident that my furry friend will remain in my vehicle no matter what the circumstance.
Eh... it works I guess
This harness works well in the car but does not do well with walking. If you use the front clip and your dog pulls the whole front of the harness just shifts to the side (I think the buttons are supposed to help hold it, but it never stays buttoned) Overall, the harness works but if your dog pulls I would recommend a different harness.
Now she goes in the car!
We had a pair of boxers, brother and sister, for 10 years. Last winter Buck died unexpectedly and as you can imagine we all were devastated! Stella, his sis missed him alot and really did not want to stay home alone anymore. Buck never liked to ride in the car and he would cry all the time. In January we started to take Stella with us and she loved it! Her old harness, however, left something to be desired. We shopped the internet and found that the Kurgo Harness would be perfect. It fit her snuggly and attached to the seat belt. As a long time Chewy customer, we were please to find a bright red one on the website. It is a great fit, she is comfortable in the back seat and we feel confident she is safe.
I know my pup is safe.
The harness is extremely sturdy and works well with the seatbelt to secure my dog. I definitely feel better with this protecting my dog should we ever end up in an accident.
This is hands-down the best dog harness we’ve ever bought (and we’ve had quite a few)! Outstanding design and quality, and our dog loves it! It is easy to put on and seems comfortable for our dog. The price seemed high but it is more than worth it. I highly recommend it!