Litter Genie Cat Litter Disposal System, XL
Get notified when this item is back in stock.
Compare Similar Items
|Price Per Unit|
|Material||Plastic||—||—||Plastic||Polyester, Synthetic Fabric|
|Breed Size||—||—||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds||—||—|
About This Item
- Compact, hygienic and convenient waste pail uses a Push-N-Lock system to seal off odors and keep your home smelling fresh.
- Includes a litter scoop with attached holder; added antimicrobial inhibits odor caused by bacteria on the pail.
- Uses a durable, five-layer bag with barrier technology to lock away dangerous germs and offensive smells.
- High-capacity pail eliminates the need to take daily trips to the trash; pail measures 9.5 x 8.5 x 22.5 inches.
- Available in silver and comes with one single refill that offers 14 feet of film.
For Litter Genie Refills: [Click Here]
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Frisco Plastic Litter Scooper with Caddy$4.78Chewy Price
- Litter Genie Easy Roll Pail Cat Litter Disposal$34.99Chewy Price
- Frisco Litter Scooper$7.78Chewy Price
- iPrimio Monster Litter Cat Scooper, X-Large, Black$21.95Chewy Price$20.85Autoship Price
- Lucky Champ ABS Cat Litter Scoop$7.18Chewy Price$9.99List Price
- Litter Genie Easy Roll Refill Cat Litter Disposal$19.99Chewy Price$18.99Autoship Price
- Litter Genie Cat Litter Box$26.22Chewy Price$29.99List Price
- Litter Champ Premium Odor-Free Cat Litter Waste Disposal System, Grey$29.99Chewy Price$49.95List Price
- DealFrisco High Sided Cat Litter Box, Gray, Extra Large 24-in$18.47Chewy Price
- Frisco Sifting Cat Litter Box, Large, 22-in$18.67Chewy Price
Questions & Answers
25 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
546 Customer Reviews
XL not good enough for 3 cats
Yes, it does contain the bad odors. However, the XL is full after 4 days of use. I was hoping to go at least a week without emptying. Pros: Odor is contained, Litter scoop is very sturdy, easy to use Cons: Not big enough for multiple cats, there is no handle which makes it difficult to move around especially when full, not sure if I trust the bag strength to carry from my basement to the garage-I noticed the dog versions of this have a handle. If you have 1 cat then this if probably okay. Not good for multiple cats
I miss my Litter Locker, but . . .
The Genie is OK. The thing the Genie really has going for it over my long-time Litter Locker is that it is much friendlier to the environment in terms of how much plastic it uses. I sometimes have to pull the lever out a couple times, and that top piece is dusty with the litter I've put in over the week - so it doesn't seem as clean. But it controls smells and lessens the use of plastic, so overall, I'm satisfied.
Before I got the Litter Genie, I was using the bottom drawer of my Litter Robot to store used litter in order to conserve the amount of plastic I was using. It did the trick for a while but boy did it still stink up the room. I knew I had to come up with a new solution so I bought this despite the many negative reviews. I had never used the Litter Locker so i cannot compare it to that, but I have very few complaints about this system because it does what it is supposed to. My only complaint is that it is pretty flimsy: the scooper and holder fall off constantly and I had some issues getting the lid to close initially but it was because I wasn't securing the refill correctly. Other than that, the system is great. The XL holds enough waste to last 2 weeks (with 2 cats) and the odor control is marvelous. Very happy with this purchase.
Not for me
I have multiple cats and multiple litter boxes so I've been putting a Litter Genie in each area so I don't have to carry it around from box to box. So that's not an issue for me but the opening on this litter genie is just way too small. If you have a large clump of urine it's a pain to try to dump it in without making a mess. I just started using it so I haven't had to take the bag out yet but hopefully that will go without any problems that I have read about.
Flimsy and a Disappointment
While not as flimsy as the other Litter Genies, this one is thin, too. Pull a bit and the pull-out tray pops it springs. Push down to close and the scoop holder falls off. The opening is small. The depth of the refuse before pulling out the handle to drop it is abismal. All in all, save money. Get a step on the peddle trash can with a removable interior bucket, some small trash bags, and a stick up for the iside of the can.
I love this product. It's easy to use and keeps my home smelling fresh. My only criticism is that the container is difficult to pick up and move, especially once it starts filling up. If you don't have space to put it next to the litter box, this is an issue. The manufacturer needs to add a handle of some sort. Even so, I don't regret the purchase.
Bought this shorty after it first came out. I ended up throwing it away not even a month after getting it. It gets too heavy to carry around the house or up and down stairs when it gets fuller. Also, the notches on the inside ripped one of my bags and spilled the contents all over (since the bag was heavy the middle popped open). Went back to the regular sized genie and no problems.
Okay I think I know a thing or 2 about Genie. I've owned 3 of the original ones for years. One for the cats, 1 for our Yacht and 1 for our camper. You don't want to flush Paper into a small septic in a boat! Works Super! As for this New Genie XL it's the BEST!! Love that I have more room for litter since I clean my litter box several times a day. This new version is alot easier to take out the used bag. GENIE IS THE BEST to contain litter and smell. It's the Only one I Have used and no reason to switch. BUY THIS. YOU WILL LOVE IT!!!
With 6 cats, we dump a lot of waste. This model is much larger and better sealing than the original model. Only thing worse than the original is the mechanism to cut the bag - the plastic material does not easily slide into the razor mechanism.
GREAT GREAT GREAT
I had the original litter genie and was not impressed but decided to try this one because I heard it was improved and it was. So glad I purchased this. Even brought 1 for my daughter