Little Giant Dome Poultry Feeder
Get notified when this item is back in stock.
Compare Similar Items
|Bird Type||Chicken||Chicken||Chicken||Chicken||Chicken, Poultry|
|Material||Plastic||Plastic||Coated Metal, Metal||Plastic||Plastic|
|Capacity (Max)||45 pounds||35 pounds||40 pounds||8.5 pounds||17-lb|
About This Item
- Large-capacity feeder can be used for feeding chickens, ducks and other poultry.
- Features a convenient top-fill design and a screw-on lid.
- Legs keep feeder off the ground.
- Easily removable feed saver ring minimizes spillage.
- Made from strong, heavy-duty plastic.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Little Giant Hanging Metal Poultry Feeder, 30-lb$30.76Chewy Price$49.52List Price
- Little Giant Poultry Feeder w/ Legs, 8.5-lb$20.52Chewy Price
- Little Giant Double Wall Metal Poultry Fount, 3-gal$42.16Chewy Price$48.98List Price
- Little Giant Poultry Waterer, 5-gal$52.37Chewy Price$69.49List Price
- Mosaic Birds Cuban Hanging Bird Bath & Feeder, 20-oz, Orange$49.00Chewy Price$54.49List Price
- Perky-Pet Antique Glass Bottle Hummingbird Feeder, Cobalt Blue$15.38Chewy Price$24.99List Price
- Little Giant Hanging Poultry Feeder, 11-lb$23.40Chewy Price$35.58List Price
- Little Farmer Products Oblong Coop Cup Chicken Feeder, 32-oz$6.99Chewy Price
- Frisco Ultra Squirrel Defense Feeder$67.99Chewy Price$84.99List Price
- Mosaic Birds Bistro Bird Feeder, 16.9-oz, Orange$58.99Chewy Price
- Little Giant Plastic Poultry Fount, 1-gal, Lime Green$12.37Chewy Price$18.74List Price
- Frisco Acorn Wild Bird Feeder$23.99Chewy Price$29.99List Price
Questions & Answers
1 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
4 Customer Reviews
love, love, LOVE this feeder!
I have about 13 hens and a roo and had been using small feeders for them. I got this mack-daddy and I LOVE it! I can pour a whole 50 lb bag of feed in it and I’m done! If you’re super strong and have a young back you might prefer using lots of small ones, but for my time and ease of use I won’t go back! Highly recommend!
These little Giant feeders are awesome. The chickens can't knock them over or poop on the food. I bought a smaller one The first time and gave to my mom for her chickens and loved the design so much this is the second one I bought.
I have this same feeder, I love it. No more poop in the feed, no more wasted feed flung on the ground, great feeder. Feed flow is adjustable by cutting funnel base so there is greater space for feed wheather crumbles or pellets. I feed pellets so I used my handy dremel with cutting blade to cut funnel higher. Easy peasy with no issues. A true time and feed saver and all the chickens love it. Con: lid needs to be cone shaped to deter setting on.
Dome Poultry Feeder 60-lb: Good, it just needs a little work
I bought the Little Giant Dome Poultry Feeder after shopping around online and watching a few youtube videos. While I only have thirteen hens (nine adults and four chicks), I plan on eventually expanding, so I went ahead and bought the 60-lb feeder. The feeder itself is great but does have a bit of an issue that does not seem to be addressed. Pro's -Easy to clean -Easy to put together -Easy to fill -Does not spill out or waste food -Keeps the food more protected from rodents and the weather -Chickens love it, and even the newest additions took interest right away. Con's It is difficult to get the plastic dome out of the existing red base. Usually, you would not even need to bother with this, but this is where the main issue comes in. For crumble feed, this feeder seems to work great. However, it falls just a bit short for pellets as they do not flow out very well. In order to fix this, you need to take the dome out and cut the bottom of it (I had to cut it three times) to get a proper flow going. The plastic is not that hard to cut so long as you have a sharp knife or tool, and it only takes a couple of minutes, but if you are alone or are not the strongest individual, you may need help getting the actual dome up from its base.