Lixit Critter Space Pod Small Animal Hideout
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Unique, colorful space pod design adds the perfect nesting spot for your pet.
- Perfect home for small animals such as mice, hamsters, and sugar gliders.
- You can hang from the top of a wire cage or simply place on the cage floor.
- Comes apart for easy cleaning so your pets' home will always be neat and tidy.
- Comes in two different size options to ensure the perfect hideaway for your furry pet!
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Ware Hang-N-Tent Fleece Small Pet Sleeper, Color Varies, Medium$16.36Chewy Price
- Kaytee Play 'n Chew Cubby Small Pet Nest, Small$8.99Chewy Price
- Kaytee Natural Woven Play Mat Small Pet Toy, Large$6.99Chewy Price$7.99List Price
- Frisco Forest Small Pet Bunk Bed$15.60Chewy Price
- Kaytee Woodland Get-A-Way Small Pet Hideout, Large$20.99Chewy Price$22.99List Price
- Frisco Herringbone Small Pet Plush Oval Cuddler$8.81Chewy Price
- Lixit Critter Hollow Small Animal Hideout, Color Varies$10.43Chewy Price$17.99List Price
- Oxbow Enriched Life Honeycomb Small Animal Hammock$17.59Chewy Price$21.99List Price
- Prevue Pet Products Nature's Hideaway Grass Tunnel Small Animal Toy, 13.5-in$11.00Chewy Price$24.99List Price
- Frisco Plush Small Pet Snuggle Ball, Cream$10.03Chewy Price
- Frisco Herringbone Small Pet Bunk Bed$13.12Chewy Price$16.17List Price
- Frisco Turtle Small Pet Cave$20.37Chewy Price
Compare Similar Items
|Small Pet Type||Hamster, Mouse, Sugar Glider||Hamster, Gerbil, Mouse||Gerbil, Hamster||Gerbil, Hamster||Gerbil, Hamster, Mouse|
|Material||Plastic||Grass / Hay, Plant Material||Wood, Plant Material||Plastic||Wood, Plastic|
|Bed Feature||—||Safe to Chew||Safe to Chew||—||—|
Questions & Answers
24 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
229 Customer Reviews
Cozy bit flimsy
It's a nice hide, and every rat in the world loves them. The only issue is that where it latches to the top cage bars, the connectors are SO flimsy. Just putting it on and taking it off *once* it already bent the plastic latches. No idea why they make it so flimsy. But nonetheless, the rats love it so much, plus you can put it on the ground if you want (though most seem to prefer it from the top of the cage) so I gave it a 4.
Rats love it!
I have three rats, and all three of them absolutely love sleeping in their space pod. Most of the time I check on them, at least one of them is sleeping inside and frequently all three sleep together inside.
The sugar gliders love hiding in their ball. We hung it from the top of the cage and stuffed an old T-shirt in there so they can cuddle up in it. My one complaint is that it is sometimes challenging to clip to the cage because of the angle of the clips on the ball. Other than that, this is probably the best addition to the cage!
Rats? Get these pods!
I have bought these pods multiple times now for my rats and its Always a hit. Usually i have 2 or more rats in one pod. (As you see in the photo & ignore the dirty cage they were getting cleaned that night.) My only complaint? The top pieces that hold it to the cage are to easy to pop off.
Cute but didn’t work out
Really cute. I loved this and wanted it to work out, but it didn’t stay put when hung from above. When turned over and put on the ground, it rocked, didn’t lay flat and secure, and my rat was not comfortable in it. Bummer.
Rats favorite hideout!
I've had this for about a year, and my rats absolutely love these. You can take it apart for cleaning, which is a huge bonus. I personally recommend hanging these from the top of the cage, or if you're feeling fancy, have one at the bottom and top of your cage! My rats love all squishing themselves into it, and they love using it to access other hammocks in the cage.
My ratty boys love their pod
I only wish they made an xl one so all four could fit. The large size fits about 2.5 grown boys, maybe 3 girls. (The boys will literally have one with his butt hanging out- hence the .5) I can see other reviewer's concerns about that it doesn't necessarily clip strongly into place, but I'm not worried about it falling. I've wrenched on mine and shifted it about to make sure they won't fall and it seems sturdy. No one has ever fallen in 2 years of use. That's the other thing- I'm pretty sure this thing will last forever. Nothing about it is breaking down at all. We use a critter nation cage- can't speak to how it works with others.
Great home for rats
This Space Pod is hanging in the rat cage and is their go-to bed. I bought it based on reviews and have not been disappointed. The clips are a bit tricky to keep on the bars, one always pops off while another one is being hooked on, but after they're all hooked on it stays. It's been in use about 2 weeks and I hope it lasts as long as the rats do.
Broke on First Use
I used the space pod for my rats and one of the corners actually broke when I tried to hang it. I wasn’t able to use it, but I definitely wouldn’t want to get another one and the same thing happen.
Rats didn't use, just cheers chewed on it. Also made of low quality plastic.