Lixit Poultry Feeder & Waterer
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Wide reservoir opening means easy access to food for your chickens.
- Reversible base for food or water, simply unscrew the reservoir and flip the base over.
- Easy to clean and maintain, should your chickens decided to make a mess.
- Chicken silhouette design adds a touch of fun to the coop.
- Holds 64 oz. of water or 4 lb. of food
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- More Birds Two Cake Suet Buffet Bird Feeder$13.28Chewy Price$18.99List Price
- DealC&S EZ Fill Deluxe Suet Wild Bird Feeder, Green$9.40Chewy Price$10.29List Price
- North States Village Collection Bayside Cottage Bird Feeder$22.05Chewy Price$27.99List Price
- Squirrel-X by More Birds X5 Squirrel Resistant Bird Feeder$82.79Chewy Price$99.99List Price
- Droll Yankees Ring Pull Advantage Nyjer Seed Finch Bird Feeder, 16-in$43.49Chewy Price$49.99List Price
- North States Village Collection Large Bird Feeder, Red Barn$22.02Chewy Price$27.99List Price
- More Birds Bird Feeder Seed Scoop$3.95Chewy Price$5.99List Price
- Droll Yankees Sunflower Domed Cage Wild Bird Feeder, 23-in$83.99Chewy Price
- More Birds Snacks'N'Treats Single Hanging Bird Feeder$7.99Chewy Price$17.99List Price
- Droll Yankees Observer Window Bird Feeder, 7-in$15.99Chewy Price$18.40List Price
- More Birds Sedona Screen Bird Feeder$34.84Chewy Price$59.99List Price
- DealKaytee Soft Mesh Finch Feeding Station Bird Feeder$11.79Chewy Price$11.87List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Bird Type||Chicken, Duck||Chicken||Chicken||Chicken, Poultry||Oriole, Wild Bird|
|Material||Plastic||Plastic||Plastic||Plastic, Stainless Steel, Metal||Plastic|
|Capacity (Max)||4-Ib||1 gallons||1 gallons||32-oz||27-oz|
Questions & Answers
5 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
73 Customer Reviews
Love it's versability
With just the flip of the lid you can go from using it as a feeder to a waterer. There is no more having to buy separate lids for feed and water. They come in three sizes. I have both the quart and two-quart sizes.
Smaller than expected
I have these same type of waterers for our chickens and they hold one gallon. It was MY fault I didn't realize this was a 64 ounce waterer until it arrived, whoops. It is working wonderfully for our new chicks in our small coop. I recommend this size for maybe 5 full grown chickens or use for chickie babies.
basically the feed side does not allow the feed to come out on its own, you have to shake the bottle. the water side empties the water out too fast, once filled, its empty in 15 minutes. i bought 2 of these, neither works very well for me. unless im doing it all wrong, this item does not do what i need it to do, at all.
I absolutely love these! I have 8 of them. Much prefer these to many other styles I've tried. They're not dishwasher safe unless using no heat cycles. I only use these for baby chicks and "teen" chickens. Adult birds get a 1 gallon bucket for water. Really wouldn't use these during freezing temperatures. Gallon bucket with a 2 liter coke bottle full of heavy salted water tends to keep the water freezing at bay. This style waterer would freeze and crack. The large size is a huge blessing. Not having to refill daily or multiple times a day is nice. A hanging one would be even better.
This item is working great and was a good price for a waterer/feeder. I do not know how it will hold up to freezing temps because it is a hard plastic, however, right now the girls have adapted well to it and no problems reported.
I love all of the lixit feeders/waterers I’ve used for my chickens so far. This was an upgrade from the mini one because my chickens have gotten so big. Only thing is make sure you have the right side clicked in (food or water) or everything will spill out. Otherwise it works very well.
I ordered the smallest available to try it to use outside for the smaller wild birds & hopefully conserve some of the rooster's feed. It would have worked great had I screwed it together more soundly. The raccoons figured it out in a heartbeat! Problem solved - just use a little more muscle power. I did decide to order the larger version to use in the barn this winter in case we get snowed in for a day or two. I really like the product.
Excellent little feeder AND waterer!
For my small little flock of chickens this does the trick very nicely and fits well into the roosting part of their coop. I may be getting another one soon!
We had tried smaller waterers, but the birds weren't as happy with them. They had to reach under bulbous reservoirs, which made them feel vulnerable. Our wild birds immediately took to using these, including tiny birds. The waterers keep the birds away from our pool and thus the poop also. Many birds use them to bathe. Our pool dude broke one from our first order. No plastic lasts forever in our desert sun, so we decided to order four so we have back ups.
This is works perfectly to water my chicken. I like the size & ease of cleaning and refilling. I would purchase again.