Mazuri Waterfowl Starter Duckling & Gosling Food
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Nutritious food for young waterfowl.
- Does not require any mixing or supplementation.
- Crafted in a specially extruded form that is designed to float.
- Formulated with high levels of protein from sustainably-sourced fishmeal.
- Ideal for newly hatched ducklings, goslings and other adolescent wild birds.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Mazuri Waterfowl Maintenance Duck & Geese Food, 50-lb bag$46.99Chewy Price$44.64Autoship Price
- Kalmbach Feeds All Natural 16% Flock Maintainer Duck & Chicken Feed, 50-lb bag$28.99Chewy Price$29.99List Price$27.54Autoship Price
- Healthy Harvest Non-GMO 20% Protein Chick Starter Grower Crumbles Chicken Feed, 5-lb bag$8.49Chewy Price$8.07Autoship Price
- Kruse's Perfection Brand Dove & Quail Food, 40-lb bag$33.99Chewy Price$32.29Autoship Price
- Modesto Milling Organic Layer Pellets Poultry Feed, 25-lb bag$41.25Chewy Price$39.19Autoship Price
- Brown's Encore Natural Poultry Grit Plus Chicken Feed, 16-oz bag, 2 count$9.48Chewy Price$9.98List Price$9.01Autoship Price
- Perky-Pet Instant Nectar Concentrate Clear Hummingbird Food, 8-oz bag, bundle of 2$7.18Chewy Price$7.98List Price
- Crypto Aero Top Chick Layer Chicken Feed, 25-lb bag$36.00Chewy Price$34.20Autoship Price
- Vitakraft VitaSmart Complete Nutrition Parrot Food, 7-lb bag$21.99Chewy Price$24.99List Price$20.89Autoship Price
- St. Albans Bay Suet Plus Wild Bird Blend Suet Wild Bird Food, case of 12$21.99Chewy Price$20.89Autoship Price
- St. Albans Bay Suet Plus Peanut Blend Suet Wild Bird Food, case of 12$17.57Chewy Price$23.99List Price$16.69Autoship Price
- Modesto Milling Organic Chick Starter & Grower Crumbles Poultry Feed, 25-lb bag$48.44Chewy Price$46.02Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Ground Corn, Wheat Middlings, Dehulled Soybean Meal...||Ground Corn, Dehulled Soybean Meal, Wheat Middlings...||Corn, Wheat, Soybean Meal...||Organic Corn, Organic Soybean Meal, Organic Wheat Middlings...||Corn, Wheat, Soybean Meal...|
|Bird Type||Wild Bird, Duck, Geese, Waterfowl, Chicken||Chicken||Chicken||Chicken, Duck, Geese, Poultry||Chicken|
|Special Diet||High-Protein||High-Protein||High-Protein, Organic||High-Protein, Organic, Non-GMO||High-Protein|
|Health Feature||—||—||—||Digestive Health, Immune Support||—|
Questions & Answers
8 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
31 Customer Reviews
Cheaper then health problems
Yes, this food is very expensive compared to regular chick starter, or regular duck food from the farm store. You know what is more expensive then this food though? Sick and dying ducks. I’ve used chick starter and tried to supplement with brewers yeast and peas and still had weird symptoms of niacin deficiency. I’d spend extra time and money trying to nurse these ducklings back to health. Once I got my duckling back on track, I switched to this food and have had no problems. Ducklings need special food, don’t buy ducks if you don’t want to feed them what they need to thrive. This food has been a life changer, I wish it was cheaper, but it’s cheaper then health problems with my ducklings!
Won’t use anything else!
This starter food is hands down the best! Perfect size for the ducklings to eat. It floats so it can be used for enrichment also. Complete nutrition. Healthy ducklings. We ended up switching over our entire flock to eat solely Mazuri Diet because they were wasting so much of another brand of duck food. It’s worth the price and we end up saving money in the long run!
baby’s love it
Have fed this food to all my baby ducks and they all eat it and like it and have all been healthy
Great duckling food
Pellets for ducklings. They seem to like the food and it stays fresh in the bag. very fast shipping
Not suitable for goslings
This was marketed for goslings and ducklings but it's definitely not for them. The pieces are bigger than their mouths. Useless to me.
Simply the best
Years of experience have convinced me that Mazuri animal feed is the best way to provide nutritious, healthy food for wild and domesticated animals. I won't use any other product for my wildlife.
Tiny Like Bird Seed . . . .
Usually I buy Mazuri Waterfowl Maintenance for ducks and geese that are not captive. They come and go as they please. That feed is about the size of a small-sized dry cat food. Hence, I was surprised to see this starter feed was so much smaller. It's only a little bigger than milo. It floats, though, and is a good feed to pair with bird seed that floats, such as millet and oil sunflower. Yes, it has more protein than adult waterfowl need, but that's not an issue with non-captive birds. This is only part of their diet on any given day, if they show up at all. The reason I got it, instead of maintenance feed, is because it comes in 25-pound bags, and is easier to lift than the 50-pound bags the maintenance comes in. In fact, I can't even lift 50 pounds any longer, but must divide up such a large bag to move the feed.
The best duck food
For those complaining about it being an unlabeled bag and not specific duck food, many large feed bags (like those for livestock and poultry) are nondescript with tags like these that describe what the product is. That's the case with lots of Mazuri products. This is one of the best duck foods out there, I use it for my own ducks as well as the ducks at the wildlife rehab center where I work.
this is a bummer.
I’m super new to the duck raising thing & I really thought this was our best option (it still may be) however, the back of the back doesn’t match the description at all! It actually doesn’t even mention ducks/ducklings. I guess I’m just upset because the description is misleading .. especially to newbies.
Best for babies
I run a waterfowl rescue and although pricey, this is the ONLY food I will feed to baby ducks, geese or swans. I've used it for years and all grow wonderful and healthy with it. I even require all adopters of babies to feed this. No guessing on niacin or b vitamins. I do however cut protein a bit since it's but on high side