Mendota Products Large Slip Striped Rope Dog Leash
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- British-style slip lead is a leash and collar in one convenient design for walking and training.
- Made from a waterproof, vibrant, long lasting and machine washable polypropylene rope.
- Soft on the hands with a “broken in” feel that is easy to use and pliable enough to roll up.
- Adjustable to fit any neck size with the oil-tanned leather snap that controls the collar diameter.
- 1/2-inch lead is handmade in the USA and suitable for dogs weighing 50 to 250 pounds.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- DealMendota Products Large Slip Camouflage Rope Dog Leash, Pink Camo, 6-ft long, 1/2-in wide$19.44Chewy Price$21.49List Price
- DealMendota Products Large Slip Confetti Rope Dog Leash, Night Viz Black, 6-ft long, 1/2-in wide$26.49Chewy Price$27.49List Price
- DealEzyDog Luca All-In-One Dog Slip Collar & Leash, Black, Lite$32.00Chewy Price
- DealCollarDirect Rolled Leather Dog Slip Lead, Black, Large: 6-ft long, 3/8-in wide$27.13Chewy Price$29.99List Price
- DealCollarDirect Rolled Leather Dog Slip Lead, Brown, Small: 6-ft long, 5/16-in wide$21.99Chewy Price$22.99List Price
- DealFound My Animal Adjustable Rope Dog Leash, Navy, 7-ft, Large$54.00Chewy Price
- DealMighty Paw Slip Rope Dog Leash$13.99Chewy Price
Compare Similar Items
|Material||Polypropylene, Rope, Plastic||Polypropylene, Rope, Plastic||Polypropylene, Rope, Plastic||Polypropylene, Rope, Plastic||Polypropylene, Rope, Plastic|
|Breed Size||Large Breeds, Giant Breeds||Extra Small Breeds, Small Breeds, Medium Breeds||Large Breeds, Giant Breeds||Large Breeds, Giant Breeds||Large Breeds, Giant Breeds|
|Leash & Collar Feature||Training, Waterproof||Training, Waterproof||Training, Waterproof||Training, Waterproof||Training, Waterproof|
|Closure Type||Slip On||Slip On||Slip On||Slip On||Slip On|
|Leash Length||6 feet||6 feet||6 feet||6 feet||6 feet|
Questions & Answers
7 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
116 Customer Reviews
An OK Slip
I use all different kinds of slip and this is pretty but I do find it a little thick for my little hands, particularly when holding multiple leashes. The leather stopper is secure, but very hard to move to secure the leash so not as smooth as some. It makes an OK figure 8 for the nose loop on a larger dog, but not anything under 24lb as it's too thick. So it's pretty, and OK, but not the GOAT.
Nice-looking but doesn’t stay in place
This is a very nice-looking slip lead. And, is the perfect length. I think it might work for medium-sized dogs. But, the leather piece does not hold the slip lead in place when I use it with my 92 lb Rhodesian Ridgeback. It ends up becoming loose around her neck all the time and won’t stay behind her ears where it should for training purposes. Believe it or not, a cheap thin very basic black slip lead a friend loaned me to try does a much better job. So, I’ll be donating this one to our local rescue.
My new favorite leash
Love the length and the softness yet strength of the rope. It stays snug on the neck too. I wish they made one a little longer but not quite as long as the next size up
Quality & good looking
I love Mendota products! I have been using them for many years and they never let me down. They look good, are well made and are easy on the hands. This slip lead won't disappoint!
As a shelter employee who handles a variety of dogs everyday, this is my absolute go too! It's soft on my hands but durable, the stopper is easy to move when needed but doesn't slip when the dog drags the leash. My one draw back is that it doesn't hold and open "O" shape well due to the rope braiding, so it takes a bit of skill if you're trying to "lasso" over a dog's head, but this is an uncommon circumstance for most people. Purchasing a replacement as my last went home with a spicy shelter dog.
Great for Quick Walks
I definitely recommend a harness to avoid choking your doggo with long walks and adventures, but sweet bernedoodle Daisy has learned to "heel" so this is perfect for quick early morning or late not potty breaks (: also posting a review as support of the GREAT customer service I always get with Chewy - big fan (:
Not Strong Enough
It worked very well for the first week, but then it started tearing apart. I would recommend to medium dogs but maybe not large ones as they are stronger.
Excellent Training Tool
Soft, quality material. Slip function works as designed. Seems durable, but time will tell. Properly used, this is a great product that's made dog training sessions much easier.
Recommended by the breeder
I had never used this type of leash before but since it was recommended by the breeder thought I would give it a try. It is very strong cord, well made & easy to slip on my puppy. Glad I got it!
This works great and is well made. My puppy can’t slip out of it like he did with his collar. Easy to use and does not bother the dog. I highly recommend this item.