Mendota Products Large Snap Solid Rope Dog Leash
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Made from a waterproof, vibrant, long lasting and machine washable polypropylene rope.
- Soft on the hands with a “broken in” feel that is easy to use and pliable enough to roll up.
- Accented with heavy-duty metal hardware and oil-tanned leather splices at the handle and base.
- Perfect for everyday walking, exercise or field use with a durable and lasting British-style design.
- 1/2-inch leash is handmade in the USA for dogs weighing 50 to 250 pounds; matching collars available.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Mighty Paw Rope Dog Leash, 6-ft, Orange$13.99Chewy Price$24.99List Price
- Doggy Tales Braided Rope Dog Leash, 5-ft long, Orange$13.46Chewy Price$14.95List Price
- Carhartt Tradesman Dog Leash, Brown, Large$24.99Chewy Price
- WAUDOG Waterproof Dog Leash, Black, Large: 10-ft long, 1-in wide$41.56Chewy Price
- Tuff Mutt Dual Handle Rope Dog Leash, Gray$25.97Chewy Price$28.99List Price
- Tuff Mutt Rope Dog Leash, Gray$21.97Chewy Price$27.99List Price
- Frisco Reflective Rope Dog Leash, 6-ft long$9.26Chewy Price$12.87List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Material||Polypropylene, Rope, Plastic||Polypropylene, Rope, Plastic||Polypropylene, Rope, Plastic||Polypropylene, Rope, Plastic||Polypropylene, Rope, Plastic|
|Breed Size||Large Breeds, Giant Breeds||Large Breeds, Giant Breeds||Large Breeds, Giant Breeds||Large Breeds, Giant Breeds||Large Breeds, Giant Breeds|
|Leash & Collar Feature||Waterproof||Waterproof||Waterproof||Waterproof||Waterproof|
|Closure Type||Bolt Snap||Bolt Snap||Bolt Snap||Bolt Snap||Bolt Snap|
|Leash Length||6 feet||6 feet||6 feet||6 feet||6 feet|
Questions & Answers
14 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
169 Customer Reviews
Changed the quality
We originally bought this leash for our dog in 2021. The leash has held up amazingly. The rope on the original is threaded very tightly and feels solid. It still looks and feels great to this day. However, we recently got another dog and figured we would get the same leash since the original held up so well.... the new leash is wildly different in quality. The rope is thinner, a bit squishy, less tightly threaded and honestly feels like a completely different material. Super annoying to change the quality and sell for the same price and under the same name. We will see how the new one holds up.
I was very disappointed with the leash I had ordered. The color was totally not what I was expecting. I ordered the hot pink and it is more like a peachy pink or a salmony color. I don’t care for the color at all and don’t plan on using it.
Love this leash. Very sturdy and great price!! As always I am extremely satisfied with chewy!
Mendota Large Snap Rope Leash
Unfortunately , this is not the same width/thickness as my original two purchased Mendota Leashes. I loved my first two. They are soft in hand and easy to maneuver with two German Shepherds. However, this new one is thinner. Not 1/2" as listed. It is much harder for me to hold on to. I cannot grip it as well. And when put side by side with my older versions, it is clear it is not as thick as the original. Very bummed.
Solid, effective leash
Looks good. Solid leash. If you have a puppy or a mega chewer, be aware that they'll be able to slowly pick apart the braided leash - but for most dogs shouldn't be a problem
Great strong leash for larger dogs. Nicely made and nice color tan. My only complaint is that there was a snag in the braided leash, not a big deal but FYI.
Comfortable Handel and sturdy my 60# dog is strong and it holds him firm with his harness
light duty leash
Nice short leash works well. As advertised on site.
Love this leash and will probably buy another one once this one wears down. It’s a good thickness and I like the heavy duty metal clip. I like that its only 4ft also
Lasted all of a week.
Held up pretty well at first but my dog is a puller and it came apart at the stitching. If your dog isn't a puller or weighs less than 50lbs this leash is probably fine. It's actually very comfortable on the hands. I just wouldn't reccomend it for anyone who's still training their 70lb+ dog to not pull.