Mendota Products Small Snap Checkered Rope Dog Leash
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Made from a waterproof, vibrant, long lasting and machine washable polypropylene rope.
- Soft on the hands with a “broken in” feel that’s easy to use and pliable enough to roll up.
- Accented with heavy-duty metal hardware and oil-tanned leather splices at the handle and base.
- Perfect for everyday walking, exercise or field use with a durable and lasting British-style design.
- 3/8-inch leash is handmade in the USA for dogs up to 50 pounds; matching collars available.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Sunburst Nylon Dog Leash, Pink Bright, 6-ft long, 3/8-in wide$8.99Chewy Price
- Alcott Adventure Polyester Reflective Dog Leash, Purple, Large: 6-ft long, 1-in wide$16.99Chewy Price$19.99List Price
- Pawtitas Camouflage Nylon Reflective Padded Dog Leash, Pink Camo, X-Small/Small: 6-ft long, 5/8-in wide$15.45Chewy Price$22.99List Price
- Pawtitas Nylon Reflective Dog Leash, Green, Medium/Large: 6-ft long, 1-in wide$13.99Chewy Price$22.99List Price
- Pawtitas Nylon Reflective Dog Collar, Purple, X-Small: 6 to 10-in neck, 3/8-in wide$10.15Chewy Price$17.99List Price
- CollarDirect Rolled Leather Dog Slip Lead, Brown, Medium: 4-ft long, 5/16-in wide$19.98Chewy Price$23.99List Price
- OmniPet Chain Dog Leash, Red, Mediumweight, 4-ft$8.94Chewy Price$11.90List Price
- WAUDOG Glows In The Dark Dog Leash, 6-ft long, 9/16-in wide$21.13Chewy Price$23.48List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Material||Polypropylene, Rope, Plastic||Polypropylene, Rope, Plastic||Polypropylene, Rope, Plastic||Polypropylene, Rope, Plastic||Polypropylene, Rope, Plastic|
|Breed Size||Extra Small & Toy Breeds, Small Breeds, Medium Breeds||Extra Small & Toy Breeds, Small Breeds, Medium Breeds||Large Breeds, Giant Breeds||Extra Small & Toy Breeds, Small Breeds, Medium Breeds||Extra Small & Toy Breeds, Small Breeds, Medium Breeds|
|Leash & Collar Feature||Waterproof||Waterproof||Waterproof||Waterproof||Waterproof|
|Closure Type||Bolt Snap||Bolt Snap||Bolt Snap||Bolt Snap||Bolt Snap|
|Leash Length||6 feet||6 feet||4 feet||6 feet||6 feet|
Questions & Answers
2 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
32 Customer Reviews
Exactly what I needed!
I wanted a shorter, lightweight leash for when I walked my dog off-leash. I have to carry a leash although she doesn't really need it as she responds quickly to voice commands but since I have to have it, I wanted something strong, easy to carry, a soft around my neck. This fits the bill!
Great Everyday Leash
We had our last Mendota for 4 years. They are a great everyday leash. We have a medium sized (40lb) Male Aussie mix. This is a great length and quality. Love the color selections too.
The Mendota leash is great for my Corgi mix. Just the right length and comfortable handle.
Frays too easily
The material in this leash snags too easily and is fraying after a weeks use.
I purchased this Rope leash for my 13 lbs puppy. It's very sturdy and the design is nice too. The only thing I wish it had was a loop ring to clip on the doggy poop bags.
My newly adopted doggie is an escape artist, having fled 3 times from different homes. The last time she got hit by a truck and spent the last 4 months in hospital and shelter recovering from broken leg when hit by a truck. She is a traumatized young woman and we take it very slowly. The leash assures me that she will not bolt again from a home where she is loved, spoiled and respected for her guarded demeanor. She is coming along nicely but knowing it will take many months for her to feel safe at home, calls on my patience and careful approaches.
rope dog leash
Really like the leash. The Snap is a little stiff and harder to use than other leashes.
Lower quality than expected
The leash seems fine as it says for walking dogs under 50 lbs. I was just expecting higher quality rope to be used. I seemed it would be easy to snag on the velcro on my dog's harness. For this reason I will be returning the leash.
Love this leash. Comfortable in hand and well made
10/10 would recommend
The ONLY leash you will ever need for your dog. This size leash is designed for dogs under 50 lbs but I would probably get the bigger size for a dog over 30 lbs. My dog is only 6 lbs so the small size is perfect. They come in so many colors and patterns, I own one solid slip leash and one striped snap leash from Mendota as well. They are my go to brand for leashes. They’re stylish, vibrant, and plenty of color options to choose from. Not to mention great quality. I’ve owned other dogs in the past and used Mendota leashes. The only thing I noticed is the leashes with snaps sometimes come in with a very tight snap. I dropped in a couple drops of lubricant and it solved that problem in seconds.