Merrick Classic Healthy Grains Lamb + Brown Rice Recipe with Ancient Grains Adult Dry Dog Food
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Dry food with healthy grains and lamb for dogs.
- Features real deboned lamb as the very first ingredient.
- Developed with high levels of omega fatty acids, glucosamine and chondroitin.
- Includes essential vitamins, minerals, brown rice and ancient grains such as quinoa to aid in digestion.
- Crafted in Hereford, TX and cooked in the USA.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- dealAmerican Journey Lamb & Sweet Potato Recipe Grain-Free Dry Dog Food, 12-lb bag$38.49Chewy Price$36.57Autoship Price
- Wysong Synorgon Dry Dog Food, 5-lb bag$10.49Chewy Price$11.89List Price$9.97Autoship Price
- dealAmerican Journey Large Breed Adult Chicken & Sweet Potato Recipe Grain-Free Dry Dog Food, 12-lb bag$34.99Chewy Price$33.24Autoship Price
- Annamaet Original Option Formula Dry Dog Food, 5-lb bag$18.99Chewy Price$18.04Autoship Price
- Merrick Lil' Plates Grain-Free Chicken-Free Real Texas Beef + Sweet Potato Recipe Small Breed Dry Dog Food, 4-lb bag$24.98Chewy Price$23.73Autoship Price
- Brothers Complete Lamb Meal & Egg Formula Advanced Allergy Care Grain-Free Dry Dog Food, 5-lb bag$25.29Chewy Price$24.03Autoship Price
- Horizon Complete All Life Stages Dry Dog Food, 25-lb bag$50.99Chewy Price
- I and Love and You Nude Food Grain-Free Simply Sea Dry Dog Food, 5-lb bag$22.99Chewy Price$21.84Autoship Price
- American Natural Premium Sensitive Care Dry Dog Food, 12-lb bag$40.41Chewy Price$38.39Autoship Price
- CANIDAE Grain-Free PURE Limited Ingredient Wild Boar & Garbanzo Bean Recipe Dry Dog Food, 4-lb bag$19.99Chewy Price$18.99Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Deboned Lamb, Salmon Meal, Brown Rice...||Deboned Chicken, Chicken Meal, Brown Rice...||Deboned Salmon, Chicken Meal, Brown Rice...||Deboned Beef, Chicken Meal, Brown Rice...||Deboned Chicken, Chicken Meal, Brown Rice...|
|Special Diet||No Corn No Wheat No Soy, Pea-Free, With Grain||No Corn No Wheat No Soy, Pea-Free, High-Protein, With Grain||High-Protein, Sensitive Digestion, No Corn No Wheat No Soy...||High-Protein, Sensitive Digestion, Pea-Free, Raw, With Grain||High-Protein, Sensitive Digestion, No Corn No Wheat No Soy...|
|Health Feature||Digestive Health, Vitamins & Minerals||Vitamins & Minerals, Digestive Health||Skin & Coat Health, Hip & Joint Support, Digestive Health...||Skin & Coat Health, Hip & Joint Support, Digestive Health...||Skin & Coat Health, Hip & Joint Support, Digestive Health...|
|Breed Size||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Large Breeds, Medium Breeds, Small Breeds, All Breeds||Large Breeds, Medium Breeds, Small Breeds, All Breeds||Large Breeds, Medium Breeds, Small Breeds, All Breeds|
|Food Flavor||Lamb, Meat||Chicken, Poultry||Salmon, Seafood & Fish||Beef, Meat||Chicken, Poultry|
Questions & Answers
20 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
155 Customer Reviews
Dogs love it
Wanted to change to a food that has grains. I have a Frenchie, have had others that’s allergic to some grains. This one so far with their grain we’re doing great.
Definitely not her favorite!
Unfortunately my pity mix wanted no part of it. Tried it and it did not go over well from that point forward. Might be good for some, but not my girl..
Must be a Bad Batch
My dog has eaten it for quite awhile and loved it. but the last bag he absolutely refuses to eat. after reading articles in past of dogs dying from owners putting things on food to entice them to eat it and then they died. I decided to buy another small bag of food and he ate it. I trust my dogs judgment.
Dry Dog Food
Haven't tried it yet. It will get opened tonight. Don't know if I can recommend it yet. I have a foody Lab, so, there shouldn't be a problem.
My dogs love this
I switched to this food after my dogs became violently ill from another premium brand. They are doing great on it and really like it. Highly recommended.
Our finicky eater loves it!
We have a really finicky eater that likes to switch things up every few months. He goes about a 30 pound bag's worth before he starts turning up his nose. So, we started out feeding our boy Merrick Classic Chicken. Then switched to Merrick Classic Beef. And, now he's eating Merrick Classic Lamb. I'm glad Merrick makes so many varieties to vary tastes for him. Next up, back to a bag of Merrick Classic Chicken!
could be better
I agree with some of the reviews. Kibble is too small for larger breeds and if you are trying to avoid chicken, this lamb, brown rice and healthy grains has it. I do not understand why chicken meal has to be added to most foods. I also agree with the review on the bad breath and I have also noticed that his coat is dry and smells weird at times, too. My dog is a standard poodle and he never had this issue with other proteins. I believe it could be the lamb. Overall, I think the ingredients are pretty good, but I am not positive if I will continue to buy it.
Henry loved it..we will be switching on a permanent basis
This was a No.
Neither of my dogs (a beagle and a basset) wanted anything to do with this food. I don't necessarily think it's much to do with the quality of the food itself, but maybe my two just aren't huge fans of lamb as the protein, but I really don't know.
Merrill Classic Healthy Grains Lamb and Brown Rice with Ancient Grains
I use this particular food as one in my dog food rotation. My dog seems to do fine on it, I use the 12lb bag so she’s on it for about 3 weeks. (I try not to stay on any one food for more than 3-4 wks). I like that there’s no fractured grains but wish the lamb meal and salmon meal were switched in the ingredient list so the food was primarily lamb.