Merrick Classic Healthy Grains Puppy Recipe Dry Dog Food
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Dry food with healthy grains and chicken for puppies.
- Features real deboned chicken as the very first ingredient.
- Developed with high levels of omega fatty acids, DHA, glucosamine and chondroitin.
- Includes essential vitamins, minerals and ancient grains such as quinoa to aid in digestion.
- Crafted in Hereford, TX and cooked in the USA.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- dealAmerican Journey Puppy Chicken & Sweet Potato Recipe Grain-Free Dry Dog Food, 12-lb bag$38.49Chewy Price$36.57Autoship Price
- Blackwood Chicken Meal & Rice Recipe Puppy Growth Diet Dry Dog Food, 5-lb bag$15.44Chewy Price$16.99List Price$14.67Autoship Price
- dealAmerican Journey Puppy Lamb & Sweet Potato Recipe Grain-Free Dry Dog Food, 12-lb bag$38.49Chewy Price$36.57Autoship Price
- Eukanuba Puppy Medium Breed Dry Dog Food, 16-lb bag$49.99Chewy Price$47.49Autoship Price
- American Natural Premium Chicken-Free Lamb & Rice Dry Dog Food, 12-lb bag$48.31Chewy Price$45.89Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Breed Health Nutrition Boxer Puppy Dry Dog Food, 30-lb bag$109.99Chewy Price$104.49Autoship Price
- Solid Gold Sun Dancer Grain-Free Chicken & Tapioca Recipe with Quinoa Dry Dog Food, 4-lb bag$16.99Chewy Price$19.99List Price$16.14Autoship Price
- Wishbone Ocean Grain-Free Dry Dog Food, 24-lb bag$69.47Chewy Price$69.99List Price$66.00Autoship Price
- AvoDerm Advanced Sensitive Support Trout & Pea Formula Grain-Free Adult Dry Dog Food, 22-lb bag$55.09Chewy Price$59.99List Price$52.34Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Deboned Chicken, Chicken Meal, Brown Rice...||Deboned Chicken, Chicken Meal, Brown Rice...||Chicken Meal, Brown Rice, Dried Egg...||Deboned Chicken, Chicken Meal, Turkey Meal...||Chicken, Chicken By-Products (organs only, source of arginine)...|
|Special Diet||No Corn No Wheat No Soy, Pea-Free, High-Protein, With Grain||High-Protein, Sensitive Digestion, Pea-Free, Raw, With Grain||Pea-Free, With Grain||High-Protein, With Grain||Gluten Free, Pea-Free, With Grain|
|Health Feature||Digestive Health, Vitamins & Minerals||Brain Health, Skin & Coat Health, Hip & Joint Support...||Digestive Health||—||Immune Support, Digestive Health, Skin & Coat Health|
|Breed Size||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Large Breeds, Medium Breeds, Small Breeds, All Breeds||All Breeds, Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds|
|Food Flavor||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry|
Questions & Answers
25 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
106 Customer Reviews
Merrick Puppy Food
Merrick has always been our go to dog food with so many options to choose from. This Puppy food is perfect with the classic grains.
Puppy Doesn't Like
I thought my dog was just a grazer.. After she stopped having solid poops, I thought it might be the food not agreeing with her. I switched her to something else and now she eats her food in one breath! Turns out she wasn't a fan of Merrick Classic Grains. I don't think her tummy was either.
Merrick Dog Food
Great healthy dog food. Have used this brand for years.
Merrick Classic Healthy Grains Puppy Recipe Dry Dog Food
My dog seems to enjoy this dog food, but won't eat it by itself. I have to put a topper on it and I use Spot & Tango puppy topper and I also give him boiled chicken breast pieces. As well as a few dried cranberries. I even add sweet potato or other food items that dogs are allowed.
Pups Love It, Wish it Came in Small Bites Though
While my Yorkie and Maltese pups like this food better than their previous brand, the kibble pieces are larger than the Merrick Adult Small Bites formulas, making it difficult for such small little mouths to eat easily. Unfortunately, any of the other Merrick puppy formulas are grain free, which I don’t feel I can safely feed my pups. Oh well.
I started my new rescue puppy on this before her first visit to the vet a week later - I asked the vet to confirm i made the right choice and she said that it is what she feeds her dogs as well - good ingredients and doesn't upset her stomach! I also feed her the Merrick treats as well for training and rewards
No more business withchewy
Well I’m done dealing with them !!but don’t let my review discourage you they were good until they weren’t!
PUPPY LOVES DRY FOOD
This brand is very good for my 10 week old BICHON/POODLE. VET says brand is good for puppy and my VET knows good dog food.
did not like this
My boston puppy did not like this food at all. I had to put other brands of food on top just for him to take a bite. It also caused soft stool. I removed this kibble from his diet and replaced with just homemade food and his energy level, stool, and skin/coat drastically improved. Wouldn’t recommend this food for the price especially if you are on a budget. I wish i could return the rest of this massive bag. Kibble is also very very tiny. This brand is marketed as one of the bests for your pup but in my opinion its no difference than purina/royal canin. If not worse. Bland kibble
We chose Merrick to transition our puppy from what the breeder was feeding our dog because We liked the ingredients. The kibble is very small and after a couple weeks it made our dog’s stool very loose and we noticed he wasn’t always finishing his meals either. We returned it and started a new one to transition him on and his stool is much better and he seems to like this one too.