Merrick Grain-Free Wet Dog Food Smothered Comfort, 12.7-oz can, case of 12
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Case of 12 easy-open 12.7-ounce cans of grain-free wet dog food.
- Features real USDA-inspected bone-in chicken thighs.
- Slowly cooked to make the bone soft and safe for your dog to enjoy.
- Blended with carrots, sweet potatoes and red delicious apples in a savory gravy.
- Made without any artificial colors, flavors, preservatives or by-products.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- DealAmerican Journey Chicken & Turkey Recipe Grain-Free Canned Dog Food, 12.5-oz, case of 12$29.69Chewy Price$28.21Autoship Price
- DealMerrick Slow Cooked BBQ Variety Pack Grain-Free Wet Dog Food, 12.7-oz, case of 12$39.98Chewy Price$49.98List Price$37.98Autoship Price
- DealAmerican Journey Limited Ingredient Diet Chicken & Sweet Potato Recipe Canned Dog Food, 12.5-oz, case of 12$30.79Chewy Price$29.25Autoship Price
- DealMerrick Grain-Free Wet Dog Food Turducken, 12.7-oz can, case of 12$42.96Chewy Price$47.88List Price$40.81Autoship Price
- DealMerrick Grain-Free Wet Dog Food Slow-Cooked BBQ Texas Style with Braised Beef, 12.7-oz can, case of 12$38.28Chewy Price$53.88List Price$36.37Autoship Price
- DealMerrick Grain-Free Wet Dog Food Wilderness Blend, 12.7-oz can, case of 12$42.96Chewy Price$47.88List Price$40.81Autoship Price
- DealMerrick Grain-Free Real Texas Beef Dinner Canned Dog Food, 12.7-oz can, case of 12$42.96Chewy Price$47.88List Price$26.52Autoship Price
- DealMerrick Grain-Free Real Duck Dinner Canned Dog Food, 12.7-oz can, case of 12$42.96Chewy Price$47.88List Price$26.52Autoship Price
- DealMerrick Grain-Free Wet Dog Food Wingaling, 12.7-oz can, case of 12$47.76Chewy Price$53.88List Price$45.37Autoship Price
- Merrick Grain-Free Real Chicken Canned Dog Food, 12.7-oz, case of 12, bundle of 2$81.62Chewy Price$85.92List Price$77.54Autoship Price
- DealMerrick Backcountry Grain-Free Real Beef & Chicken Dinner Variety Pack Wet Dog Food, 12.7-oz can, case of 12$41.99Chewy Price$47.98List Price$39.89Autoship Price
- DealMerrick Grain-Free Wet Dog Food Grammy's Pot Pie, 12.7-oz can, case of 12$42.96Chewy Price$47.88List Price$40.81Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Price Per Unit|
|Top Ingredients||Chicken, Chicken Broth, Sweet Potatoes...||Chicken, Chicken Broth, Carrots...||Deboned Duck, Beef Broth, Vegetable Broth...||Chicken: Chicken, Chicken Broth, Liver...||Deboned Beef, Beef Broth, Chicken Broth...|
|Breed Size||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds|
|Food Flavor||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Bison, Venison, Meat, Seafood & Fish||Chicken, Beef, Poultry, Meat||Beef, Meat|
|Special Diet||No Corn No Wheat No Soy, Gluten Free, Grain-Free||No Corn No Wheat No Soy, Gluten Free, Grain-Free||No Corn No Wheat No Soy, Gluten Free, Grain-Free||Gluten Free, Grain-Free, High-Protein||No Corn No Wheat No Soy, Gluten Free, Grain-Free|
|Packaging Type||Can||Can||Can||Can, Variety Pack||Can|
Questions & Answers
3 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
194 Customer Reviews
THE BEST PRODUCT HANDS DOWN
I know of any bad cans of this dog food. I have been feeding nothing but the best food made in the world. My 2 German Shepard’s are the pickiest eaters. The will refuse to eat any other food. I gladly pay top dollar for my dogs.
I would eat it.
No joke this stuff smells just like human food. I got it for it's pure ingredients cause my pup has a sensitive tummy. I love everything about it. Whit a real whole chicken thigh in the can? Howl yeah. Merrick knows what's up.
A solid historical product now nasty.
Myself and others at the local dog park have all noticed major change in quality with Merrick’s brand Smothered Chicken and Wingaling. What happened? Unacceptable!
Product has changed - for the worse
This used to be a favorite of my dog’s for many years. I initially thought the most recent can I opened was spoiled until I checked the reviews here and read about the change. The chicken pieces are tiny and the chunks look almost black and rotten. And like others have said, the can is no longer filled to the top. What a shame. We’ve been buying the Merrick food for so long but will not buy it anymore.
Smothered Comfort and Turducken
I was just getting ready to buy 3 cases of Smothered Comfort - since I have used it in the past and my dogs have loved it. But based on the recent reviews you would be a fool to purchase it. It was enough to cause me to turn aside. I'll check the dog food reviews and find something else. I had already decided not to purchase any more of the Turducken - as it has gone from an appetizing golden color to a grey mess that looks spoiled when you open the can. Why couldn't they leave the formulas alone - they WERE great products! But clearly - no longer!
Merrick used to be an absolutely incredible company. Their food almost looked good enough for me to eat (and yes, I did think about it a time or two). Beautiful color, real ingredients, wonderful smell. Recently, the products have been horrific - grey color, half filled with gravy, and bad smelling. I’m so disappointed, as Merrick was one of the last bastions of homemade commercial dog foods. My dog has some severe health issues and Merrick was a brand I trusted wholeheartedly. After they sold to Purina a few years ago, i had hoped things wouldn’t change. The past few cases I’ve bought have made up my mind. It’s time to find a different brand.
Not the quality or value it used to be.
This product used to have two good chunks of chicken. Smaller can, more liquid and one chunk of chicken if your lucky. For the price it’s not worth it.
Picky girl loves it
My very picky girl has allergies and acid reflux so easy digestion is always good but also finding things she likes are challenging. She wont eat food that looks like dog food but her and my two boys love this brand and flavor.
Ever since Purina bought them ....
I bought Merrick smothered comfort for years when Merrick was a small family owned dog food company. They used to put very large whole thighs in the smothered comfort. Sometimes they were so big I had to break it up to get it out of the can. On occasion, there would be smaller thighs, but in that case, they always put two in the can. When I heard Purina bought Merrick a few years ago, I knew they would start finding ways to cut corners, and with this product, they sure have. Now you get a thigh that fits in a teaspoon with lots of broth and a few chunks. Even the picture on the can shows a tiny thigh, but you don't get near the chunks they show. There is hardly any meat in the can at all. As others have said, they have now changed the formula all together. This also affects the Castor and Pollux brand, as they are made by Merrick. It's a shame, it used to be great being able to feed my dog a whole piece of chicken instead of the ground style where you don't know what is actually in it, but Purina has ruined this brand as well as Castor and Pollux.
A different dark look
When I opened the can I thought it was rotten food or something from the garbage. So I checked the reviews and found similar thoughts. This food has changed for the worst. No longer do you find light chucks of chicken squares and pieces of a wing, but you get nearly black chucks and very little pieces of a wing. Merrick is not cheap and I expect better. This case will be my last until I see some better reviews.