Merrick Healthy Grains Raw-Coated Kibble Puppy Recipe Freeze-Dried Dry Dog Food
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Dry puppy food with real chicken as the first ingredient and added DHA to support healthy brain development.
- Freeze-dried, raw coated kibble packs nutritious protein and delicious taste.
- Free of peas, lentils and potato.
- Made with omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids to help support healthy skin and coat.
- Glucosamine and chondroitin help support healthy hips and joints.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- DealAmerican Journey Puppy Chicken & Sweet Potato Recipe Grain-Free Dry Dog Food, 24-lb bag$54.99Chewy Price$52.24Autoship Price
- Merrick Backcountry Raw Infused Grain-Free Dry Dog Food Puppy Recipe, 20-lb bag$81.98Chewy Price$77.88Autoship Price
- American Journey Puppy Lamb & Sweet Potato Recipe Grain-Free Dry Dog Food, 12-lb bag$38.49Chewy Price$36.57Autoship Price
- Nulo Frontrunner Ancient Grains Chicken, Oats & Turkey Puppy Dry Dog Food, 25-lb bag$62.99Chewy Price$59.84Autoship Price
- Nulo Freestyle Turkey & Sweet Potato Grain-Free Dry Puppy Food, 26-lb bag$82.47Chewy Price$82.99List Price$78.35Autoship Price
- DealEarthborn Holistic Puppy Vantage Dry Dog Food, 25-lb bag$63.14Chewy Price$59.98Autoship Price
- CANIDAE Grain-Free PURE Petite Salmon Formula Small Breed Puppy Limited Ingredient Freeze-Dried Raw Coated Dry Dog Food, 10-lb bag$38.99Chewy Price$37.04Autoship Price
- Merrick Lil' Plates Grain-Free Small Breed Dry Dog Food Puppy Real Chicken + Sweet Potato Recipe, 12-lb bag$47.98Chewy Price$45.58Autoship Price
- Merrick Backcountry Raw Infused Dry Puppy Food Recipe With Healthy Grains, 10-lb bag$53.98Chewy Price$51.28Autoship Price
- Nulo Freestyle Salmon & Peas Recipe Grain-Free Dry Puppy Food, 26-lb bag$82.99Chewy Price$78.84Autoship Price
- Nulo Freestyle Salmon & Turkey Recipe Large Breed Puppy Grain-Free Dry Dog Food, 26-lb bag$82.99Chewy Price$78.84Autoship Price
- ACANA Puppy Recipe Grain-Free Dry Puppy Food, 25-lb bag$69.99Chewy Price$66.49Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Deboned Chicken, Chicken Meal, Brown Rice...||Chicken Meal, Brown Rice, Dried Egg...||Deboned Chicken, Chicken Meal, Brown Rice...||Deboned Chicken, Chicken Meal, Brown Rice...||Chicken Meal, Brown Rice, Millet...|
|Special Diet||High-Protein, Sensitive Digestion, Pea-Free, Raw, With Grain||Pea-Free, With Grain||No Corn No Wheat No Soy, Pea-Free, High-Protein, With Grain||Sensitive Digestion, High-Protein, No Corn No Wheat No Soy...||No Corn No Wheat No Soy, Pea-Free, Non-GMO...|
|Health Feature||Brain Health, Skin & Coat Health, Hip & Joint Support...||Digestive Health||Digestive Health, Vitamins & Minerals||Digestive Health, Immune Support, Skin & Coat Health...||Digestive Health|
|Breed Size||Large Breeds, Medium Breeds, Small Breeds, All Breeds||All Breeds, Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds|
|Food Flavor||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken||Chicken, Poultry|
Questions & Answers
7 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
39 Customer Reviews
Very bad smell
I was feeding my puppy, a GS, everything was perfect, In the last shipment the product smell was rancid, try to keep to hide the smell by adding raw chicken w/stock, veggies, and yogurt, but my puppy does not eat it at all. It's a shame a trusted Merricks and I understand things happen, could be just my bag or a lot, but I can not rely on a brand not having consistency, considering disruptions to my dog due to suddenly having to change her food. Chewy offered to reimburse the last purchase, thank you, and just ordered a large bag of Wellness Core and a Kaopectate bottle just in case. Kudos to Chewy for your services sorry Merrick you lost a loyal customer.
Not for my pup
Although this brand is very good, my pup didn't like it at all. So, my 2 star only reflects my puppy's dislike, not a reflection of the brand.
Older pup says no
My mini goldendoodle (10mo) always went after his older friends food which was the adult verson of this raw coated puppy food. Since he was acting bored of the kirkland brand I decided to switch. After mixing it into his old food in his bowl he immediately hated it, and hunger struck for a week nearly. Once he was literally STARVING he begrudgingly began eating it. Im switching for sure.
Quality ingredients, gobbled it down
I’ve been trying desperately to find the “Holy Grail” of kibble for my 8 mo Bernedoodle. He has had horrible bowel movements pretty much from day 1. After many changes, landed on a Lamb and Rice from Diamond Naturals and it’s the closest we’ve come to appreciably better poops…but still not perfect. Read great things about Merrick and LOVE the ingredients so decided to give it a try and bought a small bag. My first impression upon opening the bag was how teeny tiny the kibble pieces are! Truly a 1/4 of the size of his other food, maybe even smaller! I mixed it in with his other food and he ate it all, but I think we might be staying with the previous food as it’s a much more appropriately sized kibble for a large breed dog. As always…LOVE CHEWY :)
Sometimes it’s hard to find this food in the stores. Chewy usually always has it. Fast delivery!!
Healthy Puppy food
I read lots of reviews and Merrick lands in the top for nutrition.
Dog FINALLY eats!
Had my puppy on Wellness after switching her from Science Diet (what they had her on at the Humane Society), but she's never been very food motivated and recently stopped eating Wellness altogether. Thank goodness for Merrick. She's never going to lose her mind over a meal, but at least she's eating about as much as she should be now, and I haven't had to spice it up with wet food (which didn't work for long anyway). I also really love that this particular formula includes both joints and organ meat for extra nutrients, and I think the freeze dried raw coating really makes it appealing for my pup. FYI, the pellets are small enough for a Chihuahua and Merrick doesn't seem to have a large breed puppy formula in this line, but my dog prefers smaller bites, anyway.
Picky eaters beware
I received this product free to test out in exchange for a review and My puppy (who is already a very picky eater) did not like this food at all. I tried everything to get her to eat it from mixing it with other food to offering her food I know she hates then offering her this one and every time she literally turned up her nose and walked away. I had been really excited for it, because the ingredients are great and I had read really good reviews on it, but not even my cats (who eat everything from cat food to ribbon) would eat it.
Our new favorite
I received a complementary bag of this food in exchange for my honest review. And honestly, when I saw the bag, my heart sank. My blue heeler puppy has a super sensitive tummy. We had already tried several dry foods and only one agreed with her stomach - and she didn’t like it very much! So I tried the Merrick. It has a very neutral smell which is surprising, given the raw coating. My blue heeler LOVED IT. I mean, she ate an entire bowl and asked for more. She has eaten the entire bag Merrick sent us and no digestive issues. And she really really likes it. Plus it has really healthy ingredients so we’re all satisfied. Well, that was enough for me! I just put the big bag on auto ship and am donating her other food to our local shelter. I’m so glad I gave it a chance.
I received this product free to test out in exchange for a review. Unfortunately, my maltipoo puppy, who is a very picky eater, did not like this food alone. She will eat it when mixed in with other food, though.