Merrick Purrfect Bistro Healthy Grains Real Chicken + Brown Rice Recipe Adult Dry Cat Food
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Real chicken is the very first ingredient in this natural cat food.
- Features probiotics and ancient grains to promote healthy digestion.
- Omega-6 and omega-3 fatty acids help promote healthy skin and a glossy coat.
- Antioxidants help support a healthy immune system.
- 100% free from artificial colors, flavors and preservatives.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Merrick Purrfect Bistro Healthy Grains Real Salmon + Brown Rice Recipe Adult Dry Cat Food, 4-lb bag$18.98Chewy Price$21.99List Price$18.03Autoship Price
- Merrick Purrfect Bistro Complete Care Grain- Free Sensitive Stomach Recipe Dry Cat Food, 12-lb bag$43.98Chewy Price$41.78Autoship Price
- Merrick Purrfect Bistro Complete Care Grain-Free Hairball Control Chicken & Sweet Potato Recipe Dry Cat Food, 4-lb bag$19.98Chewy Price$22.99List Price$18.98Autoship Price
- Wellness Complete Health Salmon Adult Dry Cat Food, 10-lb bag$37.49Chewy Price$35.62Autoship Price
- Wellness Complete Health Chicken & Rice Dry Cat Food, 5-lb bag$17.09Chewy Price$18.99List Price$16.24Autoship Price
- Wellness Complete Health Chicken Indoor Dry Cat Food, 10-lb bag$37.49Chewy Price$35.62Autoship Price
- I and Love and You Naked Essentials Indoor Health Chicken and Turkey Recipe Dry Cat Food, 3.4-lb bag$12.11Chewy Price$13.99List Price$11.50Autoship Price
- Now Fresh Grain-Free Adult Formula Dry Cat Food, 16-lb bag$86.99Chewy Price$82.64Autoship Price
- Nulo Freestyle Salmon & Lentils Recipe Grain-Free Adult Trim Dry Cat Food, 2-lb bag$12.99Chewy Price$12.34Autoship Price
- Dr. Pol High Protein Limited Ingredient Chicken Recipe Cat & Kitten Food, 8-lb bag$30.99Chewy Price$29.44Autoship Price
- Nulo Freestyle Senior Alaska Pollock, Duck & Sweet Potato Recipe Grain-Free Dry Cat Food, 14-lb bag$49.99Chewy Price$47.49Autoship Price
- Essence Ocean & Freshwater Recipe Grain-Free Dry Cat Food, 4-lb bag$20.99Chewy Price$19.94Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Deboned Chicken, Chicken Meal, Turkey Meal...||Deboned Salmon, Chicken Meal, Turkey Meal...||Deboned Chicken, Chicken Meal, Brown Rice...||Chicken, Whole Grain Wheat, Corn Gluten Meal...||Chicken, Chicken By-Product Meal, Ground Whole Grain Corn...|
|Health Feature||Skin & Coat Health, Digestive Health, Vitamins & Minerals...||Skin & Coat Health, Digestive Health, Vitamins & Minerals...||Digestive Health||N/A||Muscle Care, Immune Support, Digestive Health...|
|Special Diet||Sensitive Digestion, With Grain||Sensitive Digestion, With Grain||Sensitive Digestion, No Corn No Wheat No Soy, With Grain||Indoor, With Grain||Pea-Free, With Grain|
|Food Flavor||Chicken, Poultry||Salmon, Seafood & Fish||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry|
|Food Form||Dry Food||Dry Food||Dry Food||Dry Food||Dry Food|
Questions & Answers
3 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
35 Customer Reviews
4 out of 7 hated this
I have 7 cats that are picky and I’m well aware of this. The reviews were stellar, and my dog loves their food, so lets try the cat version. 3 of these finicky felines would eat it yesterday. I knew what was coming… the other 4 would influence the 3. And they did. I left it out last night and the were in my face dyyyyiing of hunger this morning. All bowls filled with this food, and despite being inhumanely denied a prompt morning feeding, they still refused to eat it the food in their bowls.
Yes to healthy grains
It seems all the foods that aren't grain free also have things like wheat, corn, and soy in them. Or tons of legumes. I feel like this food is an amazing balance of whole grains, but mostly meat proteins. We just don't know what feeding cats so much white potato and peas are going to do to them as it's never been done. I'm much more comfortable with whole grains as the binding agent. We use dry food in addition to wet food and our cat is thriving. I was also looking for a food with probiotics. This food has it all.
My cats didn't prefer but yours might
I received this product free for my honest opinion. The ingredients are great, chicken is the first ingredient and everything looked quality. We have four cats, so finding something nutritious they all enjoy is hard. I introduced and mixed this with my cat's regular food, and they seemed to enjoy the flavor. But, they didn't prefer it to their regular food, and I think it was because of the size of the kibble which is tiny (picture showing size between the two) So we won't be switching over.
My cats devour this one
I was so excited when I saw Merrick sells a few flavors of grain inclusive dry food! We won't be buying any of the grain free dry cat food anymore (they've linked grain free foods to heart disease). The cats would hardly touch the tuna and chickpea we bought last time (they'd rather eat the dog food LOL). But this chicken and brown rice they love. They are back to solely eating their own food again.
Good for petite cats
I generally have a positive review of this cat food, though one of my cats liked the food more than the other two (though this is normal) and it was actually my picky cat who preferred this over the other food. I think that the reason he liked it more is because of the small size of the kibbles. He is a very petite cat and tends to have trouble with the big kibbles and then doesn’t finish his food. So for him to easily eat the food and finish his bowl was very much appreciated. They didn’t seem to have any sensitivities or issues brought on by the switch of food so another positive. Might continue feeding my one cat this while keeping the others on their normal food.
Love my cats...
I received this product, complimentary for testing purposes. I began by mixing in the Healthy Grains Chicken and Rice into their current kibble, so they didn’t get tummy aches. I liked the recognizable ingredients. I felt good about giving my babies a healthy breakfast and dinner. It didn’t have a pungent order like many cat foods do, honestly, it smelled like cooked chicken. I have three fur babies, and they gobbled this bag down quickly. They seemed to like it. I can’t speak too much on their kitty health as the bag only lasted my cats about 2 weeks, but I’d consider a re-purchase!
My Cat Loved This Recipe
I received this product for free for testing purposes. My cat is usually pretty picky, but she really enjoyed this recipe. I think the ingredients are high-quality and healthy for your pets. I liked that the pieces were small, because my cat doesn't like larger pieces of food and has to spend a ton of time crunching up the larger pieces. Overall, if she loves it (which she does) then so do I! I would certainly recommend this for adult cats.
I received this item complementary in exchange for our honest opinion on the product. We are only a few days in, as I’ve been slowly introducing it into his diet. However when pouring a bit of this into one bowl and his usual dry food into another, he will go to & finish the Merrick brand first. The price is about average of what I usually pay ($22 for 7lbs bag), and since it’s about what makes him happy, I’m all for the change. It is grain free, which I like, and also continues to keep his coat soft, shiny & healthy.
My Cat LOVES It
I received this product free for my honest review. I have two kitties and they both absolutely love this food. We usually feed them Blue Buffalo and gradually added this food into their mix. It seems like they actually like this food more - when the bag arrived, our boy was so drawn to the smell he actually tried chewing through the packaging. We will definitely be sticking with this food going forward!
It's a hit!
I received this item in exchange for my honest review. I have three cats: one 13 year old, a 2 year old and a 1 year old. Typically my 13 year old cat will eat a few bites and walk away. We pick ot up so the others don't eat it and put it back down when he wants it. We do this two to three times per meal until he finishes eating it. I mixed this food with their current food (Blue Buffalo) and he has been eating his food in one sitting. The other two seemed to like it as well. I love that the first ingredient is de-boned chicken and I can actually understand the ingredient list.